RAZBAM's Surprise

MrDieing

Of course it could be another Yak variant!

On a serious note, I’m expecting it to fit with the south Atlantic scenario. My guesses are one of the following:

- Sea harrier variant

- mirage variant (F3)

- A4

a Yak-38 (Forger) would be hilarious, an A-4 would be perfect

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope that it will be an aircraft to go with the Falklands map. It will be weird if it isn't. While I would love the Falklands as a scenario, as yet we have no aircraft that fit into it. Surely there must be more coming that will justify it.

I'm not too excited about an F-15E. With the F/A-18C and Tomcat & F-16C coming along, that itch is well and truly scratched for me.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Something that would surprise and fit with the South Atlantic map, a wild guess

:megalol:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Why not Super Etendard?

Purely a guess, that the A4 might be a more popular aircraft with its considerably greater combat usage. Would also be an interesting additional carrier aircraft.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Lol, thought about mentioning the capability difference, but didn’t bother.

Couldn’t agree more that the SE is more capable. However, if all we cared about was capability, at least 50% of the aircraft in game wouldn’t be needed. Many of us fly an aircraft just because we can, or because of the challenge. Hence my comment about popularity.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Well, it doesn't matter what we expect to be the newest bird in Razbams hangar, the decision is already made. I just wanted to mention the Super Etendard, because nobody did it before and it is a plane that played a big role in the Falkland conflict back in 1982.

The A-4 is already beeing developed by the Community A-4 Skyhawk team.

The reason it's being developed as a free community module in the first place is this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2214751&postcount=223

Maybe RAZBAM has more resources to throw at the A-4 than VEAO has and can afford to pay the extra money, but that seems fairly unlikely to me.

An ancient post from VEAO doesn't really say anything about whether or not Razbam or anyone else is able to obtain a license from Boeing (ex-MDD) for a module. Case in point: the AV-8B and ED's F/A-18C.

For the Record, both of those Companies were small privately funded companies just starting out.

RazBAM has been around for a while and has resources they do not.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

They said they won't do the A-4 cos it's already being done by a mod team and the Sea Harrier is on the books.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

A A-4 module plausible, SkateZilla?

No, I was just stating, just because VEAO and Coretex couldnt do it, doesnt mean a larger, more established company cannot.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

They said they won't do the A-4 cos it's already being done by a mod team and the Sea Harrier is on the books.

I don't remember saying that they wouldn't do the A-4 because of that. Also they're actually fairly well primed to do an A-4M so long as they could secure a licensing agreement, which seems to be a bit of a stumbling block after the last time.

Could this be related to this surprise?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3528410&postcount=1

Could it be a fully manned Hercules or or one of some of the other projects Cubanace was involved??

I am quite curious about this surprise.

That was my guess, see this thread a couple pages ago. He is in contact with an undisclosed 3rd party to do an AC-130H Spectre.

The 3rd party that comes to my mind immediately (KC-130T) is Razbam... ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

It would be nice to get a full fidelity version of the F-105G Wild Weasel III that they teases a model of a few years ago. I'd also like to see the F-105D Thunderchief. They did hire a new terrain builder recently as well.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

I hope it is the Breguet Alize! I think its T-2 Buckeye or T-45 Goshawk.

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

That was my guess, see this thread a couple pages ago. He is in contact with an undisclosed 3rd party to do an AC-130H Spectre.

The 3rd party that comes to my mind immediately (KC-130T) is Razbam... ;)

And this:

So, at the end i think a C-130 is, let´s see how this can be a reality in DCS, stay tuned...no deadlines, no release dates, NOTHING on this yet, i don´t even know if someone from the other dev teams reads this as well and call it dibs..

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg