Strange TPOD behaviour

wuerfel

VVSLV is only missing here when in TOO mode. It is there in PP but if I'm stuck in TOO after having dropped last JDAM I don't know how to get VVSLV back.

Don't carry JDAM and TPOD until they fix it. Its bugged, we all know its bugged, dont do it

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

thanks for the work around ;)

but I use stable version... the fix will come in....? maybe it's time to change.

AS of a few days ago, beta and stable versions are equal.

Here's one weird thing I noticed on the TPOD now: If you have the TDC in the TPOD and an IMAV in the other MFD, and you long press RAID/FOV/FLIR to change from the TV to the FLIR in the TPOD, it does not change. Instead, the IMAV changes FOV. The only way it seems to change the TPOD between FLIR and TV is to deselect the IMAV.

Also if you select PTRK in the TPOD with the IMAV in the other screen, the IMAV appears to uncage itself to lock onto the target in the TPOD. I can't remember if this is correct--I thought before you had to unacge the IMAV yourself?

I also found that caging uncaging the TPOD makes it slew completely to look at your 6:00 position, to whcih the onky ways to make it look ahead is to set it to standby then back to arm, or to slew it all 180 deg to the front which take FOREVER...!

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Here's one weird thing I noticed on the TPOD now: If you have the TDC in the TPOD and an IMAV in the other MFD, and you long press RAID/FOV/FLIR to change from the TV to the FLIR in the TPOD, it does not change. Instead, the IMAV changes FOV. The only way it seems to change the TPOD between FLIR and TV is to deselect the IMAV.

This is correct behavior, the FOV/RAID button gives priority to weapon sensors (MAV, HARM, etc.) over the pod, regardless of assignment of the TDC priority. To my recollection it has always operated this way.

I also found that caging uncaging the TPOD makes it slew completely to look at your 6:00 position, to whcih the onky ways to make it look ahead is to set it to standby then back to arm, or to slew it all 180 deg to the front which take FOREVER...!

This is a known issue, which should be fixed in the next update (hopefully tomorrow). The Cage/Uncage button should be commanding the pod into Laser Spot Search. Another workaround aside from power-cycling would be to Designate and then Undesignate to return to Snowplow, or double-press Undesignate to command VVSLV (or use the OSB for it on the FLIR page).

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

I was aware of that. My point was that I'll probably get the fix for the stable muuuuuch later, so I think about changing to OB to get it earlier.

I would now expect it to be next week or the week after if it is in today's OB patch since they are not introducing another major upgrade to lighting AFAIK

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal