What nvidia settings do you use?

Quekel

Only thing I use in Nvidia settings is "prefer max performance" .

All others for the most part have no affect in VR.

I run AF in game at 16x, seems to help on shimmering without much cost in performance.

I also run 2x MSAA in game.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Only thing I use in Nvidia settings is "prefer max performance" .

All others for the most part have no affect in VR.

As we have discussed several times before, that statement is not correct according to nVidia support.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

As we have discussed several times before, that statement is not correct according to nVidia support.

Well that is fine - have fun thinking they are working then.

I personally do not use them as I do not see any affect.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well that is fine - have fun thinking they are working then.

I personally do not use them as I do not see any affect.

I didn't say I use them, nor did I say they are working. I am simply repeating what nVidia have stated in a response to the direct question, and I think we can probably trust them to know the facts!

We have had this conversation several times before in other threads.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Not to add any more fuel to the debate (I do agree with dburne though that the vast majority of nVidia settings don’t appear to have any effect in DCS VR whatsoever) but this update to the GeForce drivers sounds intriguing.

“Alongside the frame rate limit, this driver also includes Variable Rate Super Sampling (VRSS). This improves image quality in VR games by separating shading rate and resolution to improve different parts of the frame that you’re focused on in VR.”

Looks like the driver hasn’t been released yet but is imminent. I’ve been using a months old driver under the adage ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ but I’d be interested to try this to reduce some of the weird aliasing/shimmering I still get around carriers etc.

Edited by Twwhitey

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

That does look interesting.

Looks like over the last few months nVidia are comng up with the goods. Their 'image sharpening' option from a couple of months ago was quite a step forward with very little performance hit IMO. Like other options, it's not always clear how VR is affected by it though, but on monitors, the effect is quite marked.

Not to add any more fuel to the debate (I do agree with dburne though that the vast majority of nVidia settings don’t appear to have any effect in DCS VR whatsoever) but this update to the GeForce drivers sounds intriguing.

“Alongside the frame rate limit, this driver also includes Variable Rate Super Sampling (VRSS). This improves image quality in VR games by separating shading rate and resolution to improve different parts of the frame that you’re focused on in VR.”

Looks like the driver hasn’t been released yet but is imminent. I’ve been using a months old driver under the adage ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’ but I’d be interested to try this to reduce some of the weird aliasing/shimmering I still get around carriers etc.

DCS is not on nVidia´s list. Yet.

"VRSS is supported by the driver--no game integration required--and can be applied to DX11 VR games or application that have forward renderers and support MSAA, and have been tested by NVIDIA. At the time of writing, over 20 games meet this criteria, including:

Battlewake

Boneworks

Eternity WarriorsTM VR

Hot Dogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades

In Death

Job Simulator

Killing Floor: Incursion

L.A. Noire: The VR Case Files

Lone Echo Mercenary 2: Silicon Rising

Pavlov VR

Raw Data

Rec Room

Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality

Robo Recall

SairentoVR

Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope

Skeet: VR Target Shooting Space Pirate Trainer

Special Force VR: Infinity War

Spiderman: Far from Home

Spiderman: Homecoming – Virtual Reality Experience

Talos Principle VR

The Soulkeeper VR

We’ll continue to test more VR games and add them to future driver releases."

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/nvidia-geforce-ces-2020-game-ready-driver/

PC: I9 13900K, Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC, 32 GB RAM@6000Mhz.

Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas. Virpil Base for Joystick. Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudderpedals. Realsimulator FSSB-RL MKII ULTRA base + Realsimulator F16SGRH V2 grip

VR: Pimax Crystal, 8KX, HP Reverb G2, Pico 4, Quest 2. Buttkicker Gamer Pro. Next Level Motion Platform V3.

DCS is not on nVidia´s list. Yet.

DCS doesn't even show up in the nVidia's profiles list, you have to add it manually. Says enough.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

DCS is not in the GeForce Experience list but it is in the list of Nvidia Control Panel/Nvidia inspector profile list:

The profile name is : Digital Combat Simulator: Black Shark

With some default settings applied and different than the global default profile

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

Thats not an exclusive list of games that have it, its only the ones they have tested.

The game just has to meet the criteria (DX11, forward rendered)

"VRSS is supported by the driver--no game integration required--and can be applied to DX11 VR games or application that have forward renderers and support MSAA, and have been tested by NVIDIA.

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Thats not an exclusive list of games that have it, its only the ones they have tested.

The game just has to meet the criteria (DX11, forward rendered)

No, Nvidia at least currently have to have tested the game and added the feature for it.

I have several games that could have it but do not as of yet.

So currently Nvidia is calling the shots on which games get this feature.

Edited by dburne

Don B

I’ve downloaded the drivers and installed. Didn’t see any perceptible change nor did I

see any new settings options ...not obviously for a computer noob anyway.

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

What max pre-rendered frames setting do y'all use?

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I’ve downloaded the drivers and installed. Didn’t see any perceptible change nor did I

see any new settings options ...not obviously for a computer noob anyway.

VRSS settings are detailed about midway down the page here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/nvidia-geforce-ces-2020-game-ready-driver/

You should see a setting called Virtual Reality - Variable Rate Super Sampling which you’d want to set to “Adaptive”

I suppose at some point I’ll try the new drivers but quite frankly I don’t want to mess with my system at the moment as it’s running well and I don’t want to break anything

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

In the driver config i find not the line, variable rate super sampling

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

Just installed the 441.87 drivers, and, like some others, I don't see the VRSS option. Does it only appear for compatible games, or should it show in the Global Settings?

I thinks DCS is not supported, this setting should be visible:

https://uploadvr.com/how-to-enable-nvidia-vrss/

Asus Prime X570-P * Ryzen 5800X3D + Scythe Fuma cooler * RTX 4080 Super * Corsair 64GB DDR4 3600MHz * Samsung 980 pro 1Tb + 2Tb nvme * Samsung 850 EVO 512Gb SSD * Corsair RM850x V2/2018 * HP Reverb G2 * CH Fighterstick/Pedals/Throttle * Win11

Thanks. The problem, as I said, is that I don’t see that option. Is it only available in program specific options for those titles that are supported, or should it appear in the Global Settings?

For Pimax 5k+ — set NVIDIA settings of VR pre-rendered frames to “4” with this new update.

I’m seeing noticeable performance improvement (ghosting etc). Not perfect, but much better.

Edited by volk_50

Just installed the 441.87 drivers, and, like some others, I don't see the VRSS option. Does it only appear for compatible games, or should it show in the Global Settings?

It will only be shown in the game profile settings in Nvidia Control Panel, and only if it is a game that has been tested and approved by Nvidia ( currently only 20).

So far I have only seen this VRSS option in Robo Recall from the games I have.

Don B

It will only be shown in the game profile settings in Nvidia Control Panel, and only if it is a game that has been tested and approved by Nvidia ( currently only 20).

So far I have only seen this VRSS option in Robo Recall from the games I have.

Thanks Don. So, it only shows under the Program specific settings, and doesn't show in Global Settings list. Is that correct?