A-10A

RhineHornet

Personally I would have preferred an A over an upgraded C.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Yup A-10A and original Su-25A as full-fidelity modules would be great.

I think the A-10A was planned to be full-fi a long time ago and the FC3 pit has the bindable buttons. But they did the C instead is the story.

Since I'm not sure if there are much differences systems wise between the two aside from improved avionics on the C. I don't think it would be that hard to do an A version. You've got the FM, and most of the systems are the same on the C (I could be wrong), you mainly put some dials back in and take out some MFD's. You'd need a new pit model (maybe modify the external too). And wham bam its done.

And yes I'd rather have an older paid A rather than a slightly upgraded paid C.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Man I can’t agree more. Nothing in DCS gives me as much pleasure as getting close and laying some MK20s on a formation of vehicles. Plus it still has the MAVs. Just I simpler get close and blow shit up version of the aircraft. Leave the LGBs and JADAMs to the fast movers.

No ones forcing you to use LGB's and JDAM's on the A10C. It still capable of being utilized with just MAv's and unguided munitions, just as fast movers can.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Yup A-10A and original Su-25A as full-fidelity modules would be great.

I think the A-10A was planned to be full-fi a long time ago and the FC3 pit has the bindable buttons. But they did the C instead is the story.

Since I'm not sure if there are much differences systems wise between the two aside from improved avionics on the C. I don't think it would be that hard to do an A version. You've got the FM, and most of the systems are the same on the C (I could be wrong), you mainly put some dials back in and take out some MFD's. You'd need a new pit model (maybe modify the external too). And wham bam its done.

And yes I'd rather have an older paid A rather than a slightly upgraded paid C.

Im glad Ed did the C version rather than just settle to make a full fidelity A as a first move, although i don't see why not to make an A10A at some point in the future.

Frankly the A10A is overrated, people have this romanticized notion of the vanilla hog, a vision of which which has been further perpetuated by channels like History program. A10A pilots transitioning to the A10C liked the upgrades and said they were in fact long overdue ( relative to avionics on teen fighters from comparable time frames). The biggest complaints pilots had was the lackluster pilot machine interface. IE lack of proper Hotas system, in particular the analog armament control panel being a pain in the *** for selection ,arming, and management of stores. A10A's legacy navigation system was also criticized as being inaccurate and unreliable, which wasn't remedied until late 80s with INS, but not truly perfected until EGI + MM.

As a interesting fact prior to the gulf war the pilots too learned from training exercises that using the A10A as a gun strafer for tank busting within protection of simulated air defenses was near suicidal and that being a missile platform with mav's was the far better option for armor busting in a non permissive environment. Something reflected in the gulf war, although even as a missile truck the Hog still had the most losses of any US flown combat aircraft for strike, so much that the generals had to pull them from further battlefield interdiction in spite of its accomplishments due to what they deemed too high an attrition against mere SA13's, never mind proper IADS.

MY dcs A10 experience was very much a reality check, and very much mirrored what pilots themselves realized.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 4 months later...

Started to Fly A-10C (I have it from pre-order era with Nevada) a little bit and I couldn't stop thinking...man, what are those Ipads and whatever Windows3.1.1 SPI SOI BS doing here? An A-10A study sim level would be far far better.

Yeah... no more buddy lasing, smarter than pilot bombs and bookmarked weapons setups... no problem.

+1 For A-10A full module.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Im glad Ed did the C version rather than just settle to make a full fidelity A as a first move, although i don't see why not to make an A10A at some point in the future.

Frankly the A10A is overrated, people have this romanticized notion of the vanilla hog, a vision of which which has been further perpetuated by channels like History program. A10A pilots transitioning to the A10C liked the upgrades and said they were in fact long overdue ( relative to avionics on teen fighters from comparable time frames). The biggest complaints pilots had was the lackluster pilot machine interface. IE lack of proper Hotas system, in particular the analog armament control panel being a pain in the *** for selection ,arming, and management of stores. A10A's legacy navigation system was also criticized as being inaccurate and unreliable, which wasn't remedied until late 80s with INS, but not truly perfected until EGI + MM.

As a interesting fact prior to the gulf war the pilots too learned from training exercises that using the A10A as a gun strafer for tank busting within protection of simulated air defenses was near suicidal and that being a missile platform with mav's was the far better option for armor busting in a non permissive environment. Something reflected in the gulf war, although even as a missile truck the Hog still had the most losses of any US flown combat aircraft for strike, so much that the generals had to pull them from further battlefield interdiction in spite of its accomplishments due to what they deemed too high an attrition against mere SA13's, never mind proper IADS.

MY dcs A10 experience was very much a reality check, and very much mirrored what pilots themselves realized.

Yeah, all that's true. But I still want it...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).