Windows Mixed Reality Discussion

NineLine

Used my odyssey for the first time tonight and I’m getting a micro stutter whenever I look around the f-18 cockpit. Never had this issue with my rift. The settings are the same as the ones I use for the rift except that I lowered the PID to 1 (was on 1.2). I also tried lowering it to 0.5 and I still got the stuttering. Task manager shows Im only using about 50%nof my cpu and gpu.

Frame rates are around 30fps when sitting in the cockpit in imstant action > cold and dark. Any ideas on what it might be? I have the room light on so I don’t think it’s tracking and it works fine when I’m in the WMR portal. If I can’t fix it these will have to go back, which I’d prefer not to do as I like the better resolution.

I have the latest Nvidia drivers (1080ti) and windows updates + the latest odyssey updates + latest DCS Open Beta version.

Edited by Soma888

Yep I can tell u what it is, u need a CPU with very high clock rate, ED still didn't make it possible for DCS to use more than 2 CPU cores. Preferably 4 or 4.2 GHz. Which CPU are you using?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Stutter SHOULD go away when selecting VR preset in graphics settings (yes the quality will be quite bad...)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Wow. Then I don't know. I hope NineLine knows more about this. you can PM him if he doesn't reply here on monday (or PM him today, but its weekend).

Awesome! great decision! Welcome back! :)

I had to turn off all shadows to get a smooth 45fps VR experience.

I'm still getting a lot of memory problems: when it loads new models=long drop outs and some weird texture problems, blue areas with no landscape on them around the aircraft - those eventually re-load correctly, but its annoying.

I think it is the new memory manager they created that is causing the problems.

afaik it's a known issue (even amongst ED team) that when player enters a specific aircraft (multiplayer), there will be lag for all players on the server for some seconds until his aircraft model is completely loaded (for all players that hadn't loaded that other player's model in their RAM/VRAM yet). That's the biggest lag-causer currently afaik. That's why smart server admins have airplane "graveyards" in corner of map with 1 aircraft of each type each, so that players have all models in RAM or VRAM upon joining server.

I had to turn off all shadows to get a smooth 45fps VR experience.

I'm still getting a lot of memory problems: when it loads new models=long drop outs and some weird texture problems, blue areas with no landscape on them around the aircraft - those eventually re-load correctly, but its annoying.

I think it is the new memory manager they created that is causing the problems.

Same here, although today with flat shadows on - no stutters at all. Seems a bit random, I too suspect it's memory management issues. This is with my 8700k/32Ram/1080ti system, and my 6850(Broadwell E)/32/TitanXP performs identically pretty much.

It's a work in progress still, but IMO you made a great decision both getting back into gaming, and getting the Odyssey. We had 3 Vives, 3 Rifts - sold the Vives, Rifts are far superior for sit down/cockpit gaming IMO. Now, selling the 2 remaining Rifts as the single Odyssey gets fought over by the 3 youngsters on our gaming stations on the weekends. I'll be running 3 (maybe even 4) Odysseys by next week. That's how much better I think they are over the Rift - and the Rift is fantastic.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Are we speaking singleplayer or multiplayer, caucasus or golf map? Caucasus Singleplayer should run fine for you... do you have dual channel or quad channel RAM setup? (2x 16GB or 4x 8GB ?)

Anyone else experiencing the "invisible cockpit layer over UI" bug? Really weird.

Anyone else experiencing the "invisible cockpit layer over UI" bug? Really weird.
Is this like a small visor on top? I noticed this in the training misisons of the harrier. Not happening in the f18.

Also for those that notice the headset makes your cockpit lean away from you, two options. Look in extreme positions until it recalibrates, or you can press run setup in the wmr app and then select seating position, then select continue and hit reset on the screen when it says center your headset.

I usually do this right after launching dcs.

As for stutters, none here on all high settings except shadows low, global shadows default I think or maybe flat?

Pixel density of 1.5 in dcs. I7 8700k, 32gb ram and 1080ti running all on ssd.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• ED Team

I now have a dell visor, pleasantly surprised as it is the cheapest in the mid range headsets.

Sweet spot for clear vision is small, but apart from that feels very natural.

Going to have a play around with it so more, only a few hours in for me so far.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Great! :) Just be aware, dark room or reflecting surfaces will confuse the sensors. and I think I will upgrade from my RX 580 8GB (performing very weak in DCS in VR) to 1070 or 1070 Ti soon.

Oh and for those who have a gaming chair with wheels, make sure the cable is inside your armrest or so, don't break the cable.

Great! :) Just be aware, dark room or reflecting surfaces will confuse the sensors. and I think I will upgrade from my RX 580 8GB (performing very weak in DCS in VR) to 1070 or 1070 Ti soon.

And for those who haven't seen it yet, do check out the "Shader Mod for VR" thread.

Shaders mod for better VR FPS

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Hey guys!

just 2 short questions, because i received my Odyssey 2 days ago and i am struggeling a little with a few things:

- is there a way to get the controllers working ingame like the once from the rift? i do see the "gloves", but they are like 90° pitched forwards and i cant use them to click anything... my options state, that i have them activated.

- my mouse-curser is not bound to the surface of the cockpit, even after switching the option on, off and on again in the settings. how do i fix that? i read something about clicking cancel instead of confirming it, but nothing worked so far.

i hope you guys can help me with that, i really enjoyed using the touch-controllers ingame and would love to get the WMR controllers running as well

Hey guys!

just 2 short questions, because i received my Odyssey 2 days ago and i am struggeling a little with a few things:

- is there a way to get the controllers working ingame like the once from the rift? i do see the "gloves", but they are like 90° pitched forwards and i cant use them to click anything... my options state, that i have them activated.

- my mouse-curser is not bound to the surface of the cockpit, even after switching the option on, off and on again in the settings. how do i fix that? i read something about clicking cancel instead of confirming it, but nothing worked so far.

i hope you guys can help me with that, i really enjoyed using the touch-controllers ingame and would love to get the WMR controllers running as well

On the first question, afaik currently only the Rift Touch controllers are supported.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hey guys!

For the mouse in options make sure use mouse is selected and then I have checked confine mouse to window or something of that nature so that it does not wander off the screen and into your desktop.

Also go full screen with dcs by using alt+enter.

As for the touch controllers they don't get recognized through dcs and you wouldn't want to fly using them, at least not a full fidelity module.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

For the mouse in options make sure use mouse is selected and then I have checked confine mouse to window or something of that nature so that it does not wander off the screen and into your desktop.

Also go full screen with dcs by using alt+enter.

As for the touch controllers they don't get recognized through dcs and you wouldn't want to fly using them, at least not a full fidelity module.

about the mouse: i have checked both options, but still it follows my view and does not lock to the cockpit :(

fullscreen, even if i use VR? does that make a difference?

i simply want to use the controllers to click buttons and switches, not to steer the plane :) i am faster doing that in VR then using the mouse and it feels much more immersive. But well, if it still needs some programming by the DEVs, i hope they can implement it soon. had the same problem with the vive controllers which behaved the same as described.

Again only the Oculus Touch Controllers are currently supported in DCS for manipulating switches.

Hopefully ED will at some point offer support for other controllers, this feature is still very much a work in progress.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys!

I have had that mouse trouble as well. Be sure that there is nothing else highlighted in the windows tray. If the steam mixed reality app is orange and blinky in the tray click it and the DCS tray icon until only the DCS one is highlighted. Also, there is a “play” arrow on the bottom of the mixed reality window that if pressed will mirror what is on the HMD- click that and it seems to fix the mouse problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, I have been having some serious lag on MP servers that have put my nose in the dirt on more than one occasion. I’ve read through this thread and others- is trying the beta branch of the WMR steam app still the most successful intervention? Specs: 17 8700k 5ghz on water, 32g 3200 ddr4, m.2 evo nvme (DCS, win 10), gtx 1080.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk