Mod for Radio Communication Commands [VR]

Does anyone know if I can bind radio communication commands to HOTAS (F1-F12)? I use VR and trying to find the correct F key while having the headset on is not practical/possible without taking the headset off. I searched but it does look like it was implemented in the control setting so any mods out there can do this?

I hope DCS would implement this in future releases.

Thanks.

use voice /VoiceAttack ("F1" or "1" might be too short voice commands and can be inadvertently triggered, so use longer ones for open mike commands)

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Does anyone know if I can bind radio communication commands to HOTAS (F1-F12)? I use VR and trying to find the correct F key while having the headset on is not practical/possible without taking the headset off. I searched but it does look like it was implemented in the control setting so any mods out there can do this?

I hope DCS would implement this in future releases.

Thanks.

It would help if you stated which radio communication commands you are after.

If you want the commands that you select from the communication menu, I have to pass (you would very quickly run out of buttons anyway):

I have bound Comm Switch COMM 1 and COMM 2 to the Microphone 4-way hat on the TM WH throttle, UFC COMM 1 Channel CW/CCW and UFC COMM 2 Channel CW/CCW to up7down toggles on my button box, UFC COMM 1 Channel Selector PULL and UFC COMM 2 Channel Selector PULL to pushbuttons on my button box. That's all I need.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

It would help if you stated which radio communication commands you are after.

If you want the commands that you select from the communication menu, I have to pass (you would very quickly run out of buttons anyway):

I have bound Comm Switch COMM 1 and COMM 2 to the Microphone 4-way hat on the TM WH throttle, UFC COMM 1 Channel CW/CCW and UFC COMM 2 Channel CW/CCW to up7down toggles on my button box, UFC COMM 1 Channel Selector PULL and UFC COMM 2 Channel Selector PULL to pushbuttons on my button box. That's all I need.

the menu you get on the top right corner to communicate with: ground crew, ATC, Wingman, etc...

F1

F12

I don't want to look for the F keys on the keyboard when I have the VR headset on. I was hopping to bind them or scroll through them with HOTAS.

Honestly, like majapahit says, just use Voice Attack. Go one step further with VAICOM Pro. Voice Attack costs 10$ and I just checked, VAICOM Pro costs 6.5€ for the core package (voice commands library and other related goodies that integrate really well with DCS) and has a bundle deal right now, 13.95€ for the core, the AI RIO (you can talk to Jester in the F-14) and the Chatter packs (it can play background radio comms, depending on which aircraft you're flying).

So for a combined cost of around 25$, you'll never have to use the mouse for comms ever again. I've spent several hundreds on equipment for DCS, but those few $ made a huge difference, at least for me.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

isn't it easier to look at the radio menu, find the desired row and then press the joystick button associated with the mouse click?

You mean I can select a command using radio menu as shown in the attached file?

How would I select F5 on the radio menu?

1197784590_RadioMenu.thumb.png.1d7ceb5ad46ed9fa5a5205bb77ba8ef8.png

Honestly, like majapahit says, just use Voice Attack. Go one step further with VAICOM Pro. Voice Attack costs 10$ and I just checked, VAICOM Pro costs 6.5€ for the core package (voice commands library and other related goodies that integrate really well with DCS) and has a bundle deal right now, 13.95€ for the core, the AI RIO (you can talk to Jester in the F-14) and the Chatter packs (it can play background radio comms, depending on which aircraft you're flying).

So for a combined cost of around 25$, you'll never have to use the mouse for comms ever again. I've spent several hundreds on equipment for DCS, but those few $ made a huge difference, at least for me.

for sure, I'm definitely considering this.

You mean something along the lines of this? Not sure if it still works.

But, check out Voice Attack with VAICOM. It's great.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Sorry maybe i've not understand .....

I mean that you can select a row from the menu you get on the top right corner to communicate with: ground crew, ATC, Wingman, etc...

F1

F12

Simply by looking at the desired row and then by pushing a joystick button

My issue with above is that at least in the F14, 50%ish of the time, the mouse will not interact with the menus when they pop up. Not exactly sure why that is?

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

My issue with above is that at least in the F14, 50%ish of the time, the mouse will not interact with the menus when they pop up. Not exactly sure why that is?

[OFF TOPIC]

How do you like the valve index with DCS? I saw a video on YouTube where the user shows that text on black background still fuzzy and blurry on the valve index but much better than the Rift.

Anyway you can take a screenshot in VR showing the text on the cockpit switches?

They look pretty bad on my Rift and I'm considering the Index but with hesitation.

[OFF TOPIC]

How do you like the valve index with DCS? I saw a video on YouTube where the user shows that text on black background still fuzzy and blurry on the valve index but much better than the Rift.

Anyway you can take a screenshot in VR showing the text on the cockpit switches?

They look pretty bad on my Rift and I'm considering the Index but with hesitation.

Since its off topic I will pm ya.

Thanks!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Sorry maybe i've not understand .....

I mean that you can select a row from the menu you get on the top right corner to communicate with: ground crew, ATC, Wingman, etc...

F1

F12

Simply by looking at the desired row and then by pushing a joystick button

The mouse courser inside the cockpit moves with both the mouse and the VR headset. What did you do? disable the mouse in the game setting to only use the headset as your mouse courser or am missing something else!

The mouse courser inside the cockpit moves with both the mouse and the VR headset. What did you do? disable the mouse in the game setting to only use the headset as your mouse courser or am missing something else!

Personally, i leave unchecked the use mouse box in vr options and do the whole job only by eyes pointing. I've mapped mouse buttons and wheel on an hat switch of my stick (on a shifted layer), when i look a cockpit switch or a menu voice,i see it highlight and i simply push the hat on the necessary direction.

This work great for me, in communications menu too

Use a trackball instead of mouse that way you only need a searing footprint instead of the mousepad footprint get one with mouse wheel option

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.