Cougar MFD's on 2nd Monitor - How??

aleader

I've had A10C for a while now and recently bought a pair of the Cougar MFDs. They work perfectly and DCS maps them automatically. DCS also runs perfectly (latest build - 2.5.3).

My main display is a 24" 1080p and my 2nd monitor is a 22" 1680x1050 LCD. Win 7 64, GTX 1070. I'd like to stick the MFDs in the corners with velcro tape and have the screens underneath them. I know there's a million threads on this, but I can't get it to work.

I first tried the DCS Virtual Cockpit server site (Bit Shift Software). I made an lua file with it, but when I start the game, the screen is stretched over both screens. The MFDs (exports) are perfectly where they should be on the 2nd monitor and work fine, but the game screen is running underneath them (i.e. it isn't black around the MFD's on the 2nd monitor).

I read the Dummies Guide for MonitorSetup.lua (PeterP from 2012) and in game settings seem to be what they should be (3600x1080 resolution, 3.333 aspect ratio).

Any idea what's wrong? I don't think Helios is what I'm looking for, and Ultra MFCD doesn't work (it crashes DCS). Any help appreciated!

EDIT: I figured it out myself if anyone's interested. Had to go into the A10C Virtual Cockpit.lua and set the 'Center' resolution to 1920x1080 and aspect to 1.777778 manually. It still shows 3600x1080 and 3.33333 in the game settings, but it works now. I'm not sure why it automatically set it like that when the file was generated. Now I need to figure out how to add more to it (RWR, etc).

Edited by aleader

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth