Not possible to rearm/change weapons while engines running

D4n

From what I'd guess, the soviet engineers made it possible to rearm/change weapon pods during engines running. Was this just not implemented yet, or does ED have sources that even in combat areas, Mi-8 crews would have to shut down both engines to rearm (this would take many minutes...) ?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

At some point, in Afghanistan maybe? With more than 17000 of them built, I can't imagine that there wasn't a single conflict where they kept the engines running

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

What I found is that Mi-24 (yes, not Mi-8, but also a russian helicopter) also was rearmed with running engines, here for example:

Hi,

though I don't own the Mi-8 I've seen a friend of mine rearm it several times with engines running, so I asked him about that.

He told me that a switch has to be put on ICS (intercom) and then you don't need to wind down the engines.

Below a photo as an example, don't worry about the arrows, those are not mine but you can see the 'ICS' he's talking about. Give it a try.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Repairing needs the engines to be spooled down and off. Rearming can be done by opening the window and putting the switch in the intercom position, after that, refueling and rearming should be possible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Awesome! Thanks!

• 7 months later...

Related new issue: Apparently, currently, one has to have some radio menu open to get rearmed? -.- Please fix

Dragen, Gripen, Hornet etc are/were refueled and rearmed engines running. That is why you get 10-15min turn around times with those on ground bases. You don't turn engines of unless there is a engine problems, meaning you don't fly for next hours before engine is either swapped or repaired, meaning anyways removing engine from fuselage.

And that is done without radio even, just with hands signals to ground crew.

With helicopter the crew is there to do rearming and refueling as well.

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

And your post helps me/us how? xD

again not a bug. not for the mi8 not for the F14 not for the A10C, not for the KA50 not for the F18 or any module in DCS. . you must shut down engines to repair. all modules. all the time.

Pull the cords, eject!

Daniel, just because you have been posting this exact same issue everywhere on the forums with modules, and especially listing it as a DCS bug does not make it an actual bug or problem. You need to have your engines off. You have been giving this answer numerous times and you have still posted in many places hoping for something different.

Please take this with a grain of salt, I do not mean to be rude or offensive.

It's not about repairing but about rearming. The rearming menu (Alt+/) doesn't work with engines running in the Mi-8. You have to request it via Comm menu.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

Pull the cords, eject!

Daniel, just because you have been posting this exact same issue everywhere on the forums with modules, and especially listing it as a DCS bug does not make it an actual bug or problem. You need to have your engines off. You have been giving this answer numerous times and you have still posted in many places hoping for something different.

Please take this with a grain of salt, I do not mean to be rude or offensive.

I think you'll find you only need one engine off, rearm and refuel works for me on the carrier with the left engine shutdown...

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4