Wrong NVIDIA 3D programming in 2.5!

BiBa

3D Monitors-Users did not have this problem in DCS version 1.5!

Since version 2.5 started, the shadows do not match with their objects and cause nausea and headache on the long run.

This huge problem is due to wrong 3D programming. The shadows have been treated as third Independent object in the depth scale (Z axes)!

Every object is double rendered in 3D. Their shadows should also be double rendered and adequately superimposed like a paint layer with its same object’s (Z axes) coordinate, like a second skin. But due to unclear reasons in 2.5, their shadow layer has been synchronized independently instead with the mouse cursor! The proof for that is, when adjusting the convergence for the cursor in the cockpit to fit on gauges and buttons etc. you can also see while zooming in and out, that ALSO the shadows in the cockpit are been parallel adjusted WITH the cursor, so that they are also FLOATING over the objects instead of been superimposed over them, when the convergence is zoomed in and out (Z axis).

This 3D shadow problem is exclusively in DCS 2.5 & does not exist in DCS 1.5 version!

In the 3D programming for VR, when moving the mouse cursor in different direction (X / Y), you can see how it adapts adequately to the depth of the corresponding object (Z axes) and the shadows are correctly displayed, as they should be. A big WHY the programmers do not use the same Parameters and Algorithms of 3D VR (or DCS version 1.5) and paste them in version 2.5 for 3D Monitors???

It is incomprehensible why DCS is still neglecting this BIG problem despite the many complaints about it, whereas the solution lies already solved in DCS 1.5 and VR.

All 3D Users are totally frustrated about this, because their investment in an expensive 3D Monitor is now in vain.

So in the name of all 3D Users, we urge the programmers to follow up this pledge and solve this problem ASAP...

Edited by Biba

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

what 3d system are you using?? I use 3D Vision.. but I am thinking of going VR..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I have loooong ago given up on devs supporting SLI, 3D Vision and nvidia surround. Nvidia themselves washed their hands of this technology 5 years ago or more.

ROTORCRAFT RULE

GB Aorus Ultra Z390| 8700K @ 4.9GHz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | MSI GTX 1080ti | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 10 Professional X64

Volair Sim Cockpit, Rift S, Saitek X-55 HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Microsoft FF2, OE-XAM Bell 206 Collective, C-Tek anti-torque pedals

UH-1, SA342, Mi-8, KA50, AV8B, P-51D, A-10C, L39, F86, Yak, NS-430, Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf

• 1 month later...

Need here DCS Support reply ASAP!

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

In the 3D programming for VR, when moving the mouse cursor in different direction (X / Y), you can see how it adapts adequately to the depth of the corresponding object (Z axes) and the shadows are correctly displayed, as they should be. A big WHY the programmers do not use the same Parameters and Algorithms of 3D VR (or DCS version 1.5) and paste them in version 2.5 for 3D Monitors???

The future, it's Beta 2.5.x, it's only been out for 4 months (merged).

Moving towards Multi threading and vulkan, in a new graphics engine that's in beta testing, this will be fixed just not over night tho, same with VR optimization, the "general engine" is getting tuned now (Night lighting etc). 1.5 is still available for download if you cannot be patient for all the beta fixes.

Have you made a proper bug report for this? 2.5 Open Beta Bugs and Problems » View System >>> "3D Monitors"

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• 5 months later...

Can I add to this a similar problem. In Nvidia 3D vision, there seems to be a weird effect with lighting on the ground at night. The lights aren’t fixed to their proper sources, but move around in an unnatural way according to where you’re viewing them from. So road lights swing either side of the road they should be attached to, car headlight beams are detached by some distance from the cars projecting them, runway edge lights dance across the runway and so on. It’s all really distracting and immersion breaking. It certainly 3D related, because reducing the 3D depth reduces the effect - but the effect doesn’t disappear fully until 3D depth is zero. Are there any suggestions for solutions at my end or is this a known bug?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro