Persian Gulf download

Gerrard

Hi folks, lots of problems at the moment!

I'm not getting the option to update past 2.5.1 (usually does this on starting DCS) and predictably cannot see Persian Gulf terrain anywhere in Module Manager.. I bought and paid for it weeks ago..

Well, have you run the dcs updater? You need to update to 2.5.2.xxx to download the new map.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

open beta 2.5.2.17559.377 is needed

please update

Hi, thanks for the reply..

Yes, I did read that on another thread but the updater usually updates from the launch icon - it's not doing that for some reason.. It is just starting the sim as normal as version 2.5.1.. I've looked in 'game' folder for another update launcher without success.

DCS Updater on the launch icon checks for updates once per day. To force the update, you can check your Start Menu Items, Eagle Dynamics, Update DCS World OpenBeta.

i7 9700k@5.0 Ghz, 32gb DDR4-3200, Maximus XI Formula, Asus Strix GTX 1080ti, 1TB NVMe Samsung 970 Evo, 1TB Samsung 860 Evo Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Graphite Black, Wheelstandpro Warthog Deluxe V2, TrackIR 5 Pro. ROG Swift PG278Q 2560x1440, 12" Eyoyo LCD 1366x768 for TM Cougar MFDs.

Restart your PC/laptop and try again. It did something similar to me and hung on "updating myself" but wasn't actually updating and then the game would just launch without an update. After a restart and going to the Eagle Dynamics start menu folder and selecting the updater everything went smoothly.

So in order to get the paid for PG Map we have to run the beta.....? What

Kinda crap is that... Seems they would released it on the 2.5 stable version also..

With all due respect, you need to go educate yourself.

The PG map has been released into Open Beta. You have bought it, which gives you Early Access. You are a tester for the time being. Once ED are happy with the map (and the DCS engine) both will move into the non-beta release.

This is how DCS development works, and has done since the first Open Beta release a few years back.

If you don't like running betas, or having errors etc, then don't buy early access modules.

It's as simple as that.

Well what I got today is a SMALL area which is USELESS for any in depth missions. I hope that this is just a "Beta" test section of what will be released !:mad:

Again, educate yourself before you complain. ED made it very clear for quite some time what the scale and size of the Persian Gulf map was going to be.

If you don't like it, it's entirely your fault for buying the map.

Personally, I think it's plenty big enough.

Well what I got today is a SMALL area which is USELESS for any in depth missions. I hope that this is just a "Beta" test section of what will be released !:mad:

What are you on about 'small area', have you allowed the map to load? Have you zoomed out of the map, this is a massive map, the biggest DCS has ever made, and takes extra long to load.

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

When will this map be ready for 2.5?

It is already available for 2.5 (for 2.5.2.17559.377 to be precise), but only in the Open Beta.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I am having the same issue as Gerrard. I tried updating through the start menu and then restarting my computer then updating again. The updater says my current version (2.5.0 ….) is up to date. I see only one updater in the start menu and it does not mention "beta". Any help would be appreciated. Can't wait to use that map!

After looking around some I realized that I had installed "DCS World 2.5" and not the previous "DCS World 2.5 Open Beta". Is this why I can't update beyond 2.5.0.something? If so, is it possible to revert to the beta version? and if so how would I do this?

Thanks

Steve Decatur

Edited by stephenjdecatur

So in order to get the paid for PG Map we have to run the beta.....? What

Kinda crap is that... Seems they would released it on the 2.5 stable version also..

Yeah man... WTF? I got rid of the Beta because I was thinking, "well, crap, why do I need that?"

Yeah... now I know.

Intel Core i7-6700@3.4GHz

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

16GB RAM

TM TFRP Rudder Pedals

TM TWCS Throttle

Virpil VPCWarBRD Base

TM F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Again, educate yourself before you complain. ED made it very clear for quite some time what the scale and size of the Persian Gulf map was going to be.

If you don't like it, it's entirely your fault for buying the map.

Personally, I think it's plenty big enough.

Personally, I find your condescension pretty repugnant.

Instead of talking down to people who may be newer at this, why don't ya try to be helpful and not some elitist butthole. Our money spends the same as yours and ignorance can be cured with a little help. If you can't respond without being a jerk, please don't.

I didn't understand the "early access" thing either, but now I know and understand "early access" means the beta version. Ok, fair and simple enough. That is all I (and probably others) needed. I looked around here for what that meant, but couldn't find anything. Might be cool for ED to put this somewhere a bit more obvious--or maybe I am just a dummy, and I'll wear that I guess. I know better now though, so...

Edited by jeffham222

16GB RAM

TM TFRP Rudder Pedals

TM TWCS Throttle

Virpil VPCWarBRD Base

TM F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Personally, I find your condescension pretty repugnant.

Instead of talking down to people who may be newer at this, why don't ya try to be helpful and not some elitist butthole. Our money spends the same as yours and ignorance can be cured with a little help. If you can't respond without being a jerk, please don't.

Haha, calm yourself mate. Deep breaths.

This guy went and spent his $$ on a new map, which he seems to know nothing about. Not sure why I should help him after the fact. Before purchase, for sure, happy to help! But to come here and have a whinge about "a SMALL area which is USELESS for any in depth missions" clearly shows he did no research into what he was buying.

His fault, entirely.

I am having the same issue as Gerrard. I tried updating through the start menu and then restarting my computer then updating again. The updater says my current version (2.5.0 ….) is up to date. I see only one updater in the start menu and it does not mention "beta". Any help would be appreciated. Can't wait to use that map!

After looking around some I realized that I had installed "DCS World 2.5" and not the previous "DCS World 2.5 Open Beta". Is this why I can't update beyond 2.5.0.something? If so, is it possible to revert to the beta version? and if so how would I do this?

Thanks

Steve Decatur

I am reinstalling the Beta version--as I already have the "stable" version. PG map and Hornet (within the week) should work if I understand correctly.

16GB RAM

TM TFRP Rudder Pedals

TM TWCS Throttle

Virpil VPCWarBRD Base

TM F/A-18C Hornet Grip

I am reinstalling the Beta version--as I already have the "stable" version. PG map and Hornet (within the week) should work if I understand correctly.

Yep, you’ll be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, calm yourself mate. Deep breaths.

This guy went and spent his $$ on a new map, which he seems to know nothing about. Not sure why I should help him after the fact. Before purchase, for sure, happy to help! But to come here and have a whinge about "a SMALL area which is USELESS for any in depth missions" clearly shows he did no research into what he was buying.

His fault, entirely.

I'll give you partial points for the part about not knowing what to expect, but still dude. Some of us are new to this and don't have the time to read EVERYTHING and expect/assume/etc (through nothing else but our own ignorance) that the map would be full-up and available on the stable version. I did.

And if you respond, you should maybe try to be a bit more helpful, I'd think--we're all here to fly these rad sims and modules and have fun. This is a community and if ya can't be helpful in responding, then call him a stupid bastard under ya breath and move right along.

Everyone starts somewhere, bro. And some of us are smart enough to figure stuff out on our own and some of us need a little guidance from the guys who have been doing this longer (like yourself). Nobody likes to be put down.

Now, if you've helped the same person on the same stuff multiple times, then yeah, by all means, slag the stupid bastard! Lol...

EDIT--And yeah, now that I think about it... Early Access and Beta DO seem a bit synonymous... Lol. Makes sense.

Edited by jeffham222

16GB RAM

TM TFRP Rudder Pedals

TM TWCS Throttle

Virpil VPCWarBRD Base

TM F/A-18C Hornet Grip