[NOT AT ALL] is the Yak-52 dead?

berk.kp

It would be nice to see some update i.e. a damage model. Also the engine still does not fail when overheating.

For me it looks like it is dead.

PC: Intel Core i7-12700K| Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4| 2x 32GB DDR4 Kingston Fury Beast (KF436C18BBAK2/64)| PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil| 3x SSD-Drive (one for DCS only)| 3x HDD-Drive| Cougar Panzer Max| custom water cooling| Fedora Linux| Windows 11|

Gear: Meta Quest 3| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS| MFG Crosswind v2| Leap motion controller|

Yes. Some progress in the current EA-state would be nice. It's already been asked, but not much of a reasonable answer: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=231803 :cry:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

• 2 weeks later...

It's a shame, I'm actually flying this module again and I'm enjoying it pretty much, but they need to fix the bugs and add some sort of navigation system.

I really hope they finish it. ED usually finish the modules, except this one...

It would be good to see it get some love. I still really like flying it and take it out at least once a week.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I'm glad it's not just me that is unhappy about this. It is not fair that we purchase all of Eagle Dynamics products only to be left hanging with 0 polish or in the case of the yak half done.

In my opinion there should be a group at ed working on all released products, making sure they are big free, finished and to a high quality.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

You've not been left hanging. Work continues as the previous post stated.

Once you have been in DCS World a while you will appreciate that stuff just takes time given limited resources at their disposal. They are not a huge software studio, and they have a lot of spinning plates in the air to deal with.

The Yak-52 was made available to us after a separate contract to supply it to a private customer was fulfilled. Clearly, their specification didn't include a damage model, but we're still getting one, so we can't exactly complain, can we?

Or would you suggest that they hold up major projects like the F/A-18 or F-16 in order to satisfy the whim of a very small minority who want the Yak-52 completed right away?

You have had confirmation, so in the meantime, don't overheat the engine or crash and you can be thoroughly satisfied with another superb, worlds beating module can't you.

Clearly, their specification didn't include a damage model, but we're still getting one, so we can't exactly complain, can we?

Erm... I bought the module at full price and it didn't say anywhere that it was a special project, so sorry, I can complain and I expect it to have all the bells and whistles that other DCS mdoules have. What specification they had from their private customer has nothing to do with me.

Or would you suggest that they hold up major projects like the F/A-18 or F-16 in order to satisfy the whim of a very small minority who want the Yak-52 completed right away?

Did it say anywhere on the shop page that "this moduel is for a small minority and therefore has low priority"? So let's say that I am Joe Pilot and new to DCS, I go on the store and I buy the Yak-52, because that is what I am interested in. How am I supposed to know that it woudl take years to finish because other projects have higher priority (project which have come AFTER the sale of the Yak-52)?

I personally don't care about the yak-52, I also prefer the F-18 to be completed sooner, BUT, and it's a big but, this is not a valid argument for people who have spent their money and rightfully deserve to receive what they paid for in a timely manner, or are you suggesting that some customers are more important than others based on which type of module they buy, even if they bought it BEFORE other modules that now magically have higher priority?

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Once you have been in DCS World a while you will appreciate that stuff just takes time given limited resources at their disposal. They are not a huge software studio, and they have a lot of spinning plates in the air to deal with.

The Yak-52 was made available to us after a separate contract to supply it to a private customer was fulfilled. Clearly, their specification didn't include a damage model, but we're still getting one, so we can't exactly complain, can we?

You have had confirmation, so in the meantime, don't overheat the engine or crash and you can be thoroughly satisfied with another superb, worlds beating module can't you.

We can complain because there is no sign of work. We have paid for this so it should be finished and not abandoned, posts like this get closed anyway.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Yep, no F16 preorder for me.

I've preordered every module until now - something has to change.

Same here, no preorder even if it's my favorite airplane of all time (well, there's that other sim to keep me busy anyway).

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Mr Willis is in favor with ED, so his opinion will generally be gracious to them.

Unfortunately we have no voice here. Repeated requests for a status of this module, among others, have been cut off instead of answered. Its a simple customer request, no other if the roles were reversed.

At the very least a bug tracker or something to show the status of things would be nice. At this point the startup sequence and radio nav has been broken for roughly 9 months now...Plus a few minor FM issues pointed out by a real Yak pilot.

At the same time, though, many of the other modules have been neglected a little too. The Spitfire still has sun glowing through the gauges. Almost every aircraft pre-Hornet still has messed up external lighting that shines into the cockpit or is unnaturally bright...etc.

I've been flying their sims for a very, very long time, long before DCS World.

I haven't even launched DCS World in ages, I'm flying other sims.

I own just about everything up until recently. Aircraft, terrain, all of it.

But I didn't buy the F-14, MiG-19P, I-16, FW-190A8, nor will I buy the F-16C.

I used to buy everything. Sometimes pre-order, sometimes shortly after release into early access, rarely later.

But, I won't be buying anything else or even launching DCS World until they fix the Yak-52; LODs, ADF, and anything else it needs. And when they're done with that, they can address everything else that they've sold and left unfinished in the past. Then I'll think about ever bothering with their products again. Trust me, they need customers like me far more than we need them.

And yes, I do expect them to put other things on hold, even major projects, until they finish products for which they've already accepted money. Even if just one person bought it and they took the money.

And their lack of manpower is their problem, not mine or anyone else. Can't get your work done? Stop taking money for products that you don't have the manpower to finish or support.

When you charge money for a product, that's what you do, you finish it and support it. You don't just keep switching to new products and leaving previous, unfinished products behind or languishing for months on end without improvement or bothering to communicate effectively with the people whose money you took. Lock threads, ban users, do whatever you want, but you're still wrong. And more and more, you're alienating people.

Once you take peoples' money, you have incurred an obligation. That is called ethics. And while you may find their approach acceptable, most people would not. Hence, my discontinuation of bothering with DCS World.

I'll drop in now and then and see what's happening. But I don't expect much. And so the money that I would have spent on DCS World modules is going into the pockets of developers who support their products, in other sims. I have no time for this approach to business.

@Danvac, we bought the Yak EA expecting a reasonable pace of completion. While reasonable pace is debatable no progress is not... I don't see it as unreasonable to say you won't buy anything else until this is fixed regardless of how much he flies other modules.

I asked the team about many issues, and the guys that worked on the Yak are currently tied up on the Anton and other things, they will be back to the Yak very soon.

That's great news. Just re-installed DCS :) :) Thanx

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070