[NO BUG] Autorudder or takeoff assistance is on

Rolds

When landing today I noticed (after someone in the multiplayer chat mentioned it) that I got un commanded rudder inputs during the rollout of my landing. I looked at the pedals and noticed they were moving without me doing anything on my own pedals.

In the "special" menu I had auto rudder unchecked and takeoff assistance at 0.

I'm sure I could easily supply a track if necessary.

Thanks

Rolds

In multiplayer, some of those "personal" settings get applied if the mission creator has those settings. They CAN be cleaned out if they edit the mission options file directly or the mission creator changes his personal settings.

Not sure why those type of personal settings are even IN the mission file if they are not also set in the Mission editor (which those a/c type settings are not). I have found you can just remove them without it affecting the mission, and everyone gets their personal settings as they are supposed to.

In multiplayer, some of those "personal" settings get applied if the mission creator has those settings. They CAN be cleaned out if they edit the mission options file directly or the mission creator changes his personal settings.

Not sure why those type of personal settings are even IN the mission file if they are not also set in the Mission editor (which those a/c type settings are not). I have found you can just remove them without it affecting the mission, and everyone gets their personal settings as they are supposed to.

i hate servers where i have t/o assist forced on me.

another thing is that mission editor is saving snapview file so if you create mision before setting snapviews, you are getting your snapview file overrided by snapview file from saved mission folder and this is stupid like hell, ofc you can just remove this file from saved missions folder.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

When landing today I noticed (after someone in the multiplayer chat mentioned it) that I got un commanded rudder inputs during the rollout of my landing. I looked at the pedals and noticed they were moving without me doing anything on my own pedals.

In the "special" menu I had auto rudder unchecked and takeoff assistance at 0.

I'm sure I could easily supply a track if necessary.

Thanks

Rolds

Do you have the new AutoTrim feature turned on by any chance? (Not an A8 feature, affects all planes.) Definitely turn it off, it's unrealistic and unhelpful.

Do you have the new AutoTrim feature turned on by any chance? (Not an A8 feature, affects all planes.) Definitely turn it off, it's unrealistic and unhelpful.

where is this option listed ?

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

where is this option listed ?

Under Options, Gameplay, below the Wake Turbulence checkbox. It was off by default for me.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Someone on the BS thread had mentioned so I took a look a couple days ago. At that time, the Anton was the only aircraft set to use take off assistance and posted what I had found. Whether they have changed it yet or not, I am not sure.

The person who saves the mission is the one that sets those settings into the mission. If they have it on, it will be set that way for the mission. They either need to turn it off, or edit the OPTIONS file in the mission files directly to remove those parameters to allow the clients to decide whether they want it on or not.

Thanks that seems to settle the cause but I would disagree with the "no bug" label on this. A setting like this should be a client side choice or perhaps something that could be enforced to "off" by the server. So not an A8 bug but I think I would still call it a core DCS bug.

Its an undocumented "feature". Comes down to a wish to have it included into the mission editor to enforce or not, just like all of the other settings you can enforce there.

As it stands, it requires the mission editor to be aware of the options, and what can be done with them. For Client control for take off assist/auto rudder, they need to be manually edited out.

Its an undocumented "feature". Comes down to a wish to have it included into the mission editor to enforce or not, just like all of the other settings you can enforce there.

As it stands, it requires the mission editor to be aware of the options, and what can be done with them. For Client control for take off assist/auto rudder, they need to be manually edited out.

A little un-user friendly I think, as you are saying the mission creator's settings outside of the editor impact that mission, and that is something I never would've considered before. I think it would be nice to un-tangle this so that client side settings prevail.