The "Bought!" thread

msalama

It already ended quite a while ago.

Then why is it still at a 20% discount and won't let me spend my bonus points on it?? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Then why is it still at a 20% discount and won't let me spend my bonus points on it?? :huh:
I think from previous releases that bonus points can't be used right at the end of pre-purchase discount. It'd be unfair to those buying with 20% pre-purchase discount to get a 30% discount the very same day of release. We could recently use them right away in a couple modules but those hadn't a pre-purchase discount or pre-purchase at all.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I think from previous releases that bonus points can't be used right at the end of pre-purchase discount. It'd be unfair to those buying with 20% pre-purchase discount to get a 30% discount the very same day of release. We could recently use them right away in a couple modules but those hadn't a pre-purchase discount or pre-purchase at all.

S!

Damn, this bonus system sure does a hell of a lot to deny someone to spend his points...

Any info on when we can use bonus points on the A-8?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Damn, this bonus system sure does a hell of a lot to deny someone to spend his points...

Any info on when we can use bonus points on the A-8?

No idea on when could it be used, maybe a couple months, three, don't know really.

With regards to the bonus system, that's why ED decided to change the system, I don't remember when it'll happen but it'll be changed during this year IIRC with a long enough period after change happens for the old bonus to be spent by those willing to do so.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Usually moan left and right...but thats how you love your Hobby...

Have realy fun tonight with the Anton..

Thx ED for the for the A8 that i get more or less for free...

PS...the Windscreen

My Defelction Shooting wit the bullet Proof Windsceen

l%C3%B6v%C3%A9s%20h%C3%A1trafel%C3%A9.gif

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Just picked her up last night. Been watching plenty of YouTube and read through the flight manual this morning. I’m excited to get some hours in this beast this week and have some fun!

So I’m currently reading “Fighter Group: The 352nd Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney” and in it it’s mentioned that the 190 had a tendency, in a flat, high-G turn, to unexpectedly stall and violently wing-over in the opposite direction, resulting in a near unrecoverable spin. Just curious, before putting her through the paces myself, if this characteristic is simulated in game?

i9-9900K | 1080Ti 11GB | 32GB DDR4 | TM Warthog | Oculus Rift S | gametrix JetSeat

F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | P-47D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4

… it’s mentioned that the 190 had a tendency, in a flat, high-G turn, to unexpectedly stall and violently wing-over in the opposite direction, resulting in a near unrecoverable spin …
That "tendency" they mean in the book is just a stall due to the lack of leading edge slats and also lack of advisory buffeting, so low trained pilots reached that point inadvertently and spin would mean only they were unaware on how to recover that stall in the first place so they kept pulling. That's untrained pilots' behaviour. Yes, in the module you can stall the aircraft and one wing usually stalls before the other so it rolls opposite to the turn direction. If you want to fly properly and survive a combat, just don't do that :lol: .

S!

That "tendency" they mean in the book is just a stall due to the lack of leading edge slats and also lack of advisory buffeting, so low trained pilots reached that point inadvertently and spin would mean only they were unaware on how to recover that stall in the first place so they kept pulling. That's untrained pilots' behaviour. Yes, in the module you can stall the aircraft and one wing usually stalls before the other so it rolls opposite to the turn direction. If you want to fly properly and survive a combat, just don't do that :lol: .

S!

Or, do as some of the Alte Hanse did and use that flick characteristic to change direction far quicker than any Spit or Mustang.... if you have the skill to catch it in time!

Not really. Its not particularly faster than just rolling in DCS, nor is it particularly energy efficient.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

• 4 months later...

Thinking about it, but in the editor it seems very basic, just 250kg bombs and the plane with three skins + some bugs people mention in the forums. Is it planned to get everything "completed" or is it going to be like the D9 that still seems to have some bugs?

Servus! :smilewink:

My DCS:World-Modules:

A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:

P-40, F-104G/S, Saab J-35 Draken, A-1H Skyraider, Su-17/22M4. :music_whistling:

Meh, if ED would work on these props like on the modern ones ... still hoping they will fix all the props after the damage model overhaul. :(

Servus! :smilewink:

My DCS:World-Modules:

A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:

P-40, F-104G/S, Saab J-35 Draken, A-1H Skyraider, Su-17/22M4. :music_whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Got it today, but I'm not really happy with it. I'm trying to engage enemies with both sets of cannons and my generator breaker is getting tripped. I must confess, I haven't read the manual yet.

Are you not supposed to fire both sets at the same time? I thought the double sets of cannons were going to be the advantage for this.

Edit, I've remapped the first stage of my trigger to generator on to deal with this for now.

Got it today, but I'm not really happy with it. I'm trying to engage enemies with both sets of cannons and my generator breaker is getting tripped. I must confess, I haven't read the manual yet.

Are you not supposed to fire both sets at the same time? I thought the double sets of cannons were going to be the advantage for this.

Edit, I've remapped the first stage of my trigger to generator on to deal with this for now.

Open beta or Stable version ?

Open beta version should have it fixed now

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Despite the change log entry: Not fixed in the current open beta.

Fox

2 out of 3 CB popping issues are fixed as of today. See this post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4094445&postcount=64

Note there is a new patch as of today. You should run the update Open Beta. It takes no time at all.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Fantastic. I posted before the .1 update update.

And just arm your weapons before engine start, than the remaining problem won't bother you.

Or reduce rpm below 2000 before switching the master arm.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Despite the change log entry: Not fixed in the current open beta.

Fox

I took off in fw190 A8 many time never got cb pop so im out of topic a little.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 2 months later...

Just picked this module up and looking forward to giving him a spin... probably straight into the ground ;-)

i9-13900K@5.8Ghz, RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Aorus Elite AX MB, 64GB DDR5 6000, 2x2TB M.2 980pro SSDs, Win11 64 P, TM Warthog, T-IR 2D @ 4K, Quest Pro VR.