BUG REPORT - (in the Harrier) frame drop with EHSD on and waypoint edited by TDC slew

davidp57

Please see this thread where the bug has been described extensively.

Summary : lots of FPS lost when showing the EHSD (Harrier's HSI) on one MFD, but only when a waypoint has been edited by using TDC input.

The bug was reported to Razbam who said it was a generic DCS problem ; could anyone at ED take the point please ?

Thanks !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Correction : it does not make the TACAN unusable in the Harrier.

This is (imho) a low-to-medium priority bug because to trigger it you'd have to move the waypoint coordinates by using the TDC.

If you never use the TDC to move any waypoint, you won't have a problem.

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Correction : it does not make the TACAN unusable in the Harrier.

This is (imho) a low-to-medium priority bug because to trigger it you'd have to move the waypoint coordinates by using the TDC.

If you never use the TDC to move any waypoint, you won't have a problem.

I beg to differ. Every mission in I fly with the harrier I get a bottoming out of the frame rates when I turn on the TACAN and then select AA TACAN mode (it flashes the data as if I depressed the data button and whole thing freezes. If I wait for 1 minute until I get enough frame rate response to barely turn of the TACAN, FPS returns to normal. So for me it is not a medium priority bug as I cannot use AA TACON for refueling. The process above has nothing to do with me moving waypoints with the TDC. TDC isn't touched in the process

@Sandman23: perhaps this is a different bug ? From my perspective, after having made some research, the bug I described is only triggered when moving the waypoint with the TDC.

I use the TACAN and create waypoints daily. Never got any slowdown except when accidentaly moving the TDC.