So what's left?

Akula

Hey folks,

Just wondering how much is left to be done for the Hornet to be complete. So far I've only heard of the Laser designator pod and the ECM that has yet to be added so what would be left after that? I know it will never be *finished* so not holding my breath.

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

Well I have confidence that ED WILL completely finish this module: it's their flagship product now.

In the short term, we desperately need TWS full realized soas to be able to use Slammers the way they were to be. Im sick of eating an incoming AA missile while riding the Great White Hope all the way to impact. Without TWS, any air to air mission in the Hornet is a waste of time.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Go through the mini updates. Massive SA page Data link system. Jdam, jsow, more harm modes. Mumi page, MGRS coordinate system. FLIR. Magic carpet (I think). The list is long bit distinguished... It'll be a while.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Go through the mini updates. Massive SA page Data link system. Jdam, jsow, more harm modes. Mumi page, MGRS coordinate system. FLIR. Magic carpet (I think). The list is long bit distinguished... It'll be a while.

Magic carpet does not exist in the legacy Hornet.

Lol, thanks will do. WOW so that much eh??? JEEESUS!!! I think I'll be back on the Falcon before they finish the Hornet. Can't wait for my little Sky Porsche

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

Magic carpet does not exist in the legacy Hornet.
My bad I was thinking of approach throttles.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Hey folks,

Just wondering how much is left to be done for the Hornet to be complete. So far I've only heard of the Laser designator pod and the ECM that has yet to be added so what would be left after that? I know it will never be *finished* so not holding my breath.

Check the Unofficial roadmap

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

That show the In progress and other systems to complete (on continuous update).

Magic Carpet: Maritime Augmented Guidance with Integrated Controls for Carrier Approach and Recovery Precision Enabling Technologies

Do they find the short form first then make up a name that fits to it :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

If I remember correctly MAGIC CARPET is a new development and won’t be present in our Hornet, but we will have the Automatic Carrier Landing System. There’s already an ACLS pushbutton on the HSI if I’m not mistaken.

What is the difference? I just googled it and sounds like the same thing. lol

as far as complete.... phew... so many things. They've been working hard on them though. Fingers crossed for TWS and D/L SA next week. It will greatly improve AA capability. Jammer will help too, but that's not even on the list afaik

I wouldn't say it is slow. Four guys working on really complex systems.

Check Wags' Hornet mini updates. Progress is there I say.

With regards to list of things that are left - well remember one thing:

"Please note that this list is also subject to change".

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

If I remember correctly MAGIC CARPET is a new development and won’t be present in our Hornet, but we will have the Automatic Carrier Landing System. There’s already an ACLS pushbutton on the HSI if I’m not mistaken.

ACLS is a datalink with the ship that provides guidance indications, and could optionally be used to auto-land on the ship (known as a MODE 1, or “coupled” approach). Magic Carpet, now known as Precision Landing Modes (PLM), is a new code in the FCS control laws that allow for instantaneous lift creation and destruction. It also provides new HUD symbology such as the Ship Relative Velocity Vector (SRVV). It is used in conjunction with the autothrottles. Unlike ACLS, this has nothing to do with instrumentation on the ship, and unlike a MODE 1, the pilot is still flying the jet. However, the flying is vastly easier. PLM exists on the Rhino, Growler, and F-35C. It was never installed or planned to be installed in the Legacy Hornet.

Edited by G B
Clarification

As others have said there's quite a lot, I keep seeing conflicting reports of exactly what we are getting on the 27th - definitely ltws, but unsure about what SA functionality or whether full TWS implementation.

But if not the 27th, then soon. And those are two big systems to cross off the list, particularly SA given the new netcode and complexity. While there are lots of smaller things on the list, or important things that are similar to tech we have in other modules (atflir), the AG radar seems like the most difficult to build. There are so many sub modes, I'm not aware of any module that has the AG tracking (ground, ground moving, sea). The DBS functions seem particularly difficult, especially SAR. That seems fundamentally different than anything we have in game, the image processing requirements, how view distances and such will be handled, what that will do to lag or system resources?

But at least it translates to the f-16, the next flagship product, so I'm sure we will get it eventually. Given the challenges involved I imagine it might be a while as it probably makes sense to focus on releasing/finishing some simpler things first.

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

As others have said there's quite a lot, I keep seeing conflicting reports of exactly what we are getting on the 27th - definitely ltws, but unsure about what SA functionality or whether full TWS implementation.

But if not the 27th, then soon. And those are two big systems to cross off the list, particularly SA given the new netcode and complexity. While there are lots of smaller things on the list, or important things that are similar to tech we have in other modules (atflir), the AG radar seems like the most difficult to build. There are so many sub modes, I'm not aware of any module that has the AG tracking (ground, ground moving, sea). The DBS functions seem particularly difficult, especially SAR. That seems fundamentally different than anything we have in game, the image processing requirements, how view distances and such will be handled, what that will do to lag or system resources?

But at least it translates to the f-16, the next flagship product, so I'm sure we will get it eventually. Given the challenges involved I imagine it might be a while as it probably makes sense to focus on releasing/finishing some simpler things first.

The last hornet mini update shows what we are maybe getting on the 27th.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

The last hornet mini update shows what we are maybe getting on the 27th.

Maybe being operative word. Not meaning as critical, I appreciate their candor.

That said I its not clear what's that patch will include. Wags initially said basic JDAM, HARM TOO and PB, LTWS and TWS, but more recently said D/L SA page and HARM TOO, with LTWS, data carts, and wake turbulence "progressing well." Its not clear whether he's walking back the TWS or saying its all on target and adding SA and HARM TOO. Seems the former to me. Again, not criticizing, just saying I would not be so sure that it will make it in by the 27th.

How do you like that odyssey+ btw? I just picked one up in that sale, coming from rift I am looking forward not having to memorize the buttons on all these new MFD pages :)

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

I'm personally waiting on AG radar and Harpoon right now. Poach a bit on what so far is Viggen territory.

same; Im very interested in Ground Radar...

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||