What is your predilection aircraft...? The only one.

Frag

Hi guys,

Many of us bought many aircraft, but you probably noticed that you are commonly coming back to that one aircraft, which is the one you know best.

Let's say tomorrow you ED would have to force you to select one aircraft (in the existing ones) and that this aircraft would be the only one you would be allowed to fly for the next few years to come.

Which one would it be?

I'll start ... the F-5 tiger. That was a hard decision, but you are only allowed ONE. Don't write a second choice ;)

Edited by Frag

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?!?! This is totalitarianism :cry::mad::D

But OK, since you insist... it would have to be the Hip. And not because of anything combat-related, even, but because the chopper just is so good. Cannot get a better virtual AC anywhere, so that it'd have to be.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

For a bird, the Bug. She'll be able to do most everything.

For a chopper, the Mi-8. Love flying that beast.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Not so simple...I'd hate to lose the L-39 , but yeah , the Hornet .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Its simple. F/A-18.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

AV-8B/NA. I don't have F/A-18C yet. But I consider AV-8B/NA to be most interesting, challenging, and sophisticated fixed wing module for DCS. It has quirks, but that is the case with every aircraft. Simulated or real. Learning to fly and fight around those quirks is what makes it fun. In DCS community, we have Tarawa LHA, Hermes 1981 ramp Harrier carrier, and Italian Covour which is similar to Spanish carrier Juan Carlos I. Harrier can also operate from Nimitz class and Kuznetzov in DCS, as well as any ship with a flat helicopter flight deck. Learning how to take off, and land on those ships under variety of conditions is amazing.

Second favorite is F-5E. IMHO F-5E makes for perfect training DCS level module. A must have.

Third fave is A-10C.

Once Hornet is out of Beta or at least out of Early Access, I intend to get it.

Salivating over prospect of having proper detailed sim of F-16C Block 50.

Hoping for DCS level of Russian or Chinese Generation 4 or 4+ fghter-attack platform.

Also hoping for ED to strike a deal with A-4E-C developers, to bring proper DCS Level of A-4E , M, AR variants to DCS.

If it was working/complete/fixed/bug free I'd say the AV-8B/NA Harrier followed by the Hornet. But of a current production module as is? A10C I guess.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

AV-8B/NA. I don't have F/A-18C yet. But I consider AV-8B/NA to be most interesting, challenging, and sophisticated fixed wing module for DCS. It has quirks, but that is the case with every aircraft. Simulated or real. Learning to fly and fight around those quirks is what makes it fun. In DCS community, we have Tarawa LHA, Hermes 1981 ramp Harrier carrier, and Italian Covour which is similar to Spanish carrier Juan Carlos I. Harrier can also operate from Nimitz class and Kuznetzov in DCS, as well as any ship with a flat helicopter flight deck. Learning how to take off, and land on those ships under variety of conditions is amazing.

Second favorite is F-5E. IMHO F-5E makes for perfect training DCS level module. A must have.

Third fave is A-10C.

Once Hornet is out of Beta or at least out of Early Access, I intend to get it.

Salivating over prospect of having proper detailed sim of F-16C Block 50.

Hoping for DCS level of Russian or Chinese Generation 4 or 4+ fghter-attack platform.

Also hoping for ED to strike a deal with A-4E-C developers, to bring proper DCS Level of A-4E , M, AR variants to DCS.

Not fair ! I'm keeping my L-39-and the Hornet :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Fair has nothing to do with it! AV-8B is the most challenging fixed wing mod in DCS. F-5E is easiest to learn , and best for tactics training and fast jet training in DCS. A-4E-C also as F-5E but A-4E-C is standard flight model, and simplified systems. Has no communications, no wingman, no ECM, no EO bombing system of any kind, primitive NAV and AG attack radar, no NVG, and 3/4 of cockpit functions are not implemented. But still fun as hell. Both F-5E and A-4E-C are surprisingly accurate AG platforms for unguided bombs and rocket delivery, despite lacking CCIP pipper, and being limited to Depressed Sight Line. Set MIL depression, for speed, altitude, and slant distance, then release when time is right. Just like learning Kentucky windage shooting from your granpa in Appalachia.