VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Have you tried the track clip pro? It connects to your headset and not a baseball cap. I hate to see you miss out on a good program for something with an easy workaround.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. Yes, I do have the track pro clip, but I don’t like the fact that it is wired, and, unless I spent a reasonable amount on a wireless set, the headset would be another wire!

I just don’t like wearing a headset for hours. Can’t hear the phone, people talking to you, becomes uncomfortable after a time, can’t move around, etc. I also have a good set of 5.1 speakers and DCS sounds great through them!

As DCS sound that interferes with VA tends to be mechanical and fairly constant, I’m a bit surprised that couldn’t be filtered out and distinguished from a human voice.

It is a shame as I am missing out on something good.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

hi can you help me , i was import f10 menu command (COPY) from basic flight training , edit and save profile . This word was recognized , but no effect in game ...
It does not work because it is also a duplicate word in the Viacom pro words list. You won't be able to use some of the f10 commands for the basic/advanced/tactical qualification misisons.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Myk problem is not with the airframe but with va and Viacom. I figured out how to get the comm menu to come up when i press the trigger in dcs but va does nothing.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

@BlacleyCole I find it hard to follow, perhaps others can comment. I cannot help if you're not specific. Refer to my previous answer and consult the User Manual on how to set up your PTT configuration.

@Ganeshka Improvements for F10 commands are being addressed in upcoming update https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3427852&postcount=355

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

i found the best results with 100% command weight and confidence, plus talking like the in game ATC, clear pauses

i did have microphone really overdriven so it was really sensitive, soon as i put that back to default and did the above it works 99% of the time

i had good results with the rift mic and now ive combines the rift and my head set with boom mic its perfect.

its well worth plugging away to get it to work, because when its working its amazeballs (as my 9 yr old told me)

Just my tuppence

https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=179538&d=1519162797

edit: i just called "Fencein" on a mission (as a joke) and my wingman said "copy" much amazeballs!! :pilotfly:

Edited by skunk160

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

Well got the mic working in the setup/test phases but doesn’t work in va.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Having an annoying issue here. I have Vaicom Pro installed and in order to hear the squelch when doing a mike press I have to Ctl+C then X out of the config pop-up. I don't need to do anything while there just bring it up and exit it. What''s wrong?

Following on from my earlier posts, I decided to buy a desktop microphone, and frankly, things are not much better.

I am really struggling with speech recognition in VA/Viacom, even with no other sounds, just in Keywords Training Mode.

The first really annoying issue is that I get this pop-up menu asking me which I want to select - see attached grab - EVERY time I say anything!

Secondly, even in silence, I am struggling to make VA/Viacom understand the first 2 phrases, i.e. AAA and Abort Inbound.

Can anyone help here? I have spent quite a lot of time over the last few days trying to get this to work.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

You’re not supposed to be running speech recognition while VA is running mate! ������

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

You’re not supposed to be running speech recognition while VA is running mate! ������

Eh, have you read the manual?

If you have a brand new mic it's advisable to take the general Windows recognition training first so the engine can get used to your voice in combination with this new microphone.

Control Panel\Ease of Access\Speech Recognition

This will greatly reduce the number of these 'helpful' Windows alternates popups during Training Mode (which you can just cancel btw).

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

If you have a brand new mic it's advisable to take the general Windows recognition training first so the engine can get used to your voice in combination with this new microphone.

Control Panel\Ease of Access\Speech Recognition

This will greatly reduce the number of these 'helpful' Windows alternates popups during Training Mode (which you can just cancel btw).

Thanks Holywood. I have gone through the training 3 times already. Windows has no trouble understanding the normal commands.

I can hardly get VA/Viacom to recognise anything!

What is that annoying dialogue box I posted about in the attachment? Surely that shouldn't be coming up.

There is something weirdly wrong here. Yesterday, in my previous exchanges here, it was assumed that it was the noise from my external speakers causing the issue, but we can see that is not the root of the issue as I am doing the Keywords Training Mode in total silence!

It's a MS Windows thing. Carefully follow the steps noted in below link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_programs/speech-alternatives-panel-comes-up-every-time/985becaa-a14d-4741-a16b-485026081b08

Also carefully inspect the input levels in VA window while speaking, making sure it uses the correct input device.

The VA meter should show a wide range of deflection.

EDIT: VA input device is set in Recognition tab of VA options window, also there (un)check the Disable Adaptive Recognition and Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation options to see if it makes a difference.

If you need more help send me a PM.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

It's a MS Windows thing. Carefully follow the steps noted in below link:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-windows_programs/speech-alternatives-panel-comes-up-every-time/985becaa-a14d-4741-a16b-485026081b08

Also carefully inspect the input levels in VA window while speaking, making sure it uses the correct input device.

The VA meter should show a wide range of deflection.

EDIT: VA input device is set in Recognition tab of VA options window, also there (un)check the Disable Adaptive Recognition and Disable Acoustic Echo Cancellation options to see if it makes a difference.

If you need more help send me a PM.

Thanks Hollywood. I’ll try it all again tomorrow and PM you if necessary. I really want to make this work. Too good to miss out on!

Yes I can pull up VoiceAttack and viacompro I put in my registration info have to everytime but that might be because the fields revert to the input email and key I have tried not entering the info yet. I go in to dcs start up a mission hit lark+ lalt+c that sometimes will open Viacom pros app I have my trigger set to pilot mic comm or something similar I have the chatter pack and come to think of it I only hear chatter when I input the key for chatter I key the mic ie press the trigger say something nothing happens I say stuff like tower taxi tower hover check no response but if I use the f commands I get a response.

GoldRake can you do two things For Me?

1)write a checklist for step by step on how you installed both VoiceAttack and Viacom pro with you configuration settings

2) write a detailed step by step checklist for how you pull up va and vp in dcs to get it work from the desktop.

Tia

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

+++ Release update 2.5.1 +++

Hey guys

Happy to announce that VAICOM PRO version 2.5.1 can now be downloaded from the website:

https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

It features some significant updates based on the wishlist posted earlier

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3427852&postcount=355

and quite a few minor code improvements have also been included.

Details are in the updated User Manual. Descent and Cargo flows are now supported for helos,

specific menu functions were added (see page 20), there's an improved F10 import function

and no less than 21 additional callsigns can now be used for JTAC (page 45).

Existing (2.5.0) users please carefully check the included installation notes:

for this new installation you need to first remove your current installation folder.

- This update will reset your keywords database.

- If you want to keep a reference to your old database you can use the Export function in the Keywords Editor.

- PRO users will not need to re-enter license key information after the update.

- You will not lose any speech recognition (training profile) information with this update.

- If you don't want to re-download the Chatter.dll file, make a back-up copy first and put it back later in the Extensions subfolder.

- Remove your existing VAICOM PRO installation folder and it contents completely from the VoiceAttack Apps folder.

- Then proceed with the regular plugin installation steps for the 2.5.1 plugin.

- After install go through the FINISH steps to update the VA profile (manual page 28 ).

Happy flying!

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks a lot Hollywood!

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

@BlacleyCole I mostly followed the manual for step by step checklist. I would not be able to improve the manual with a checklist. Sounds to me that the best way to help you get your VA going is to meet you on a public mp server and compare notes through Teamspeak. When I get back to my PC I am going to update to version 2.5.1. Let me know if you are on mp.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Well...

First go didn't work that well. I removed the old install, replaced with the new one and even retrained with the new key words. But, still had trouble calling up the F10 menu and JTAC callsign Uzi will not respond. Using nearest works but selects the wrong JTAC. Trying to use the menu to call up Uzi still will not get a response either. Only way to get Uzi to respond, is by reassigning the HOTAS mic buttons to the radios then use the menu option in Vaicom Pro.

The F10 menu sometimes works but mostly calls up the options so not sure if it's just having trouble recognizing "mission" or "server" first. Didn't have trouble in training these though.

Thoughts? I'll keep trying.

@Hellride OK Uzi as JTAC callsign works fine here during testing. Just to check are you on FREE or PRO version. Can you try a few other missions to test and catch me on PM to narrow it down. Cheers

EDIT: Forgot to mention one thing, existing users need to go through the FINISH steps after install to update the VA profile (manual page 28 ).

You may have done this already but just in case. I'll update the install notes.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com