Issue with static weather clouds

Gneu06

Dear all,

I want to have a cloudy landscape over Caucasus (Cloud density set to 8 ) as static weather.

The mission starts with taking off from a carrier, clouds are there, all is good... but once I get to the land, there is no more clouds visibile, like if the clouds were set only around spawn point and that's it :-/

I am surely doing something wrong but no clue why as static weather seems to be global to the map and not regionalized.

please help.. thanks!

Edited by Gneu06

It has always been like this.

Static weather is based upon your spawn location for the most part and I believe that it is related to your preload radius but have not checked that in a long time.

In multiplayer you can have one player in cloud and another intercepting him in clear skies. Two aircraft taking off at the same time from the same airfield in multiplayer will see the same general weather around the airfield but the individual clouds or rain showers will not be the same. In other words, two aircraft in tight formation may be experiencing different conditions, one in cloud and one between the clouds. If I remember correctly we could solve this if everyone spawned in together and then we unpause the server.

The exception to this in both single player and multi player is clear skies and full overcast which both cover the entire map.

Normally I use dynamic weather if I want to cover the entire map, but it takes some trial and error to get what I want.