Updated cockpit textures and western labelling

====================================================

UPDATE 01/09/17 - DEVRiM has kindly allowed me to share these files with you.

First, make a backup of the original textures.

Second, overwrite the textures with the ones included in the zip folder from this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4ir00hireo10wb/Mi-8MTV2%20-%20English_Black_Cockpit_v1.6.5_DEVRiM_TOBY_EDIT.zip?dl=0

Third, this zip file is in JSGME format, if you want to just plug and play.

Fourth, I cannot provide support for these files, just don't have the time at the moment, so be careful.

Enjoy,

Toby

====================================================

Original Post 11/08/17

I have had some time recently to get back into DCS and have spent that learning to fly the Mi-8 in the default campaign with Devrim's excellent black english cockpit mod. Thanks to the, now complete, manual and, accompanied by Chuck's guide and the information from AlphaOneSix's various posts, I have learned more about how the systems work.

As a result, I have spent a lot of time improving the cockpit by correcting labels, creating new annunciator lights, rebuilding the doppler tuning panel, adjusting the gauge lighting and so on.

Both Belsimtek and Devrim's original work is excellent and out of respect for that, I have only sent him these textures and will not make them available but perhaps Devrim will add these to his next patch for everyone who uses the black cockpit mod, fingers crossed...

Meanwhile, some screenshots for you all to see.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Edited by toby23
approved download link

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

• 3 weeks later...

Looks great buddy! the Mi-8 needs some more love.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

• 1 month later...