View Poll Results: Kurfurst or Dora
Bf 109 K-4 53 51.46%
Fw 190 D-9 50 48.54%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-14-2015, 02:31 PM   #31
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 100
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupi View Post
I have to disagree with you there SiThSpAwN if we were talking about the A8 then yes however the Dora (like you said was used low for example to medium to cover Me262) really was good at height as well.

I have to be honest if I was leading the project I would scrap the Me 262 and replace it with Fw 190 A8
You did read what I said right.... come on guys...

Quote:
The LF IX was put up with the 190 in mind, meant to play down low. Now I know that was earlier 190s, but we have what we have right now.
Not every WWII discussion has to turn into a competition of "I know more than you do"... ugh... I was talking in the context of DCS World...

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:35 PM   #32
Solty

Reputation power: 8
Solty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I have to disagree with you there SiThSpAwN if we were talking about the A8 then yes however the Dora (like you said was used low for example to medium to cover Me262) really was good at height as well.

I have to be honest if I was leading the project I would scrap the Me 262 and replace it with Fw 190 A8
And I would be absolutely on board

+1 and change the K4 to 109G14 and that would be a perfect project :3

@Sith, I am not telling you what you "should" do. I am just saying that this is a way of thinking that never went through my mind. To me Dora was a reaction to the P-51D and it came so late in the war that it was present only for the Reich defense (and maybe for Op. Bondenplatte).

And P-47 was made as a high altitude fighter. That you think of it as a ground attack plane is well... underestimating the influence of the air war. Highest scoring pilot on Western front was Francis Gabreski and he flew with P-47s from early to D model. I am not telling you that because "I think you should" I am trying to show you what was its purpose during the real warfare of 1940s

I am sorry if that was seen as rude. Just wanted to point out that knowledge flow is a good thing on any forums.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA..._Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Last edited by Solty; 10-14-2015 at 02:57 PM.
Solty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:38 PM   #33
Krupi

Reputation power: 9
Krupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solty View Post
Also Dora (Fw190D9) is usually called "the mustang killer" or at least is paired as the perfect enemy for the P-51D... thats why I was suprised you said that Spitfire was suppose to be its main oponent
You normally see Dora vs Tempest as the ultimate match up... Man I would love a DCS Tempest

Project IX Cockpit
Krupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:40 PM   #34
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager

Reputation power: 100
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Why not learn something from a discussion? You can check it yourself, this is standard knowledge of western front history. Not even going into heavy details like fuels used or ammo or exact times of travel and meetup points That last part is impossible for me to remeber .
Excuse me? Are you serious? I was talking in the context of DCS World (which what this forum happens to be about if you didnt know), please dont talk down to me like I dont know anything about WWII and history...

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:48 PM   #35
Krupi

Krupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the rough

To be fair Solty that was a bit on the nose! Are you aiming for a taste of the ban hammer!

Like Sith said let's get back to Kurfurst v Dora

Project IX Cockpit
Krupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 05:44 PM   #36
Nedum+
Posting Rights Revoked

Reputation power: 0
Nedum can only hope to improve

It's simple as hell... if the vehicle does strange things which are for no reason plausible take the one that you can control if you must only use your instinct.
K-4 isn't a vehicle you can drive alone with your muscle memory. This bitch does things you will never expect.
All seems to be "not enough" or "too much"! There is nothing inbetween this both stats!
There is not enough trim control and to much self turn behavior. There is not enough fine control with the stick or rudder but too much acting on rpm changes and so too much rolling and wing shacking.
You must me pay a lot so I would only think about to "ride" this bitch!

So I will always take the D-9. She feels right even it's a hard time and if it comes to a fight you need a "friend" you know what she is doing. And even she is brave, she can be a beast if you give her all of what you have!
To "ride" her is pure fun! This is the right one.. you know what I mean?
Nedum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:45 PM   #37
Ala13_ManOWar

Reputation power: 13
Ala13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really niceAla13_ManOWar is just really nice

Quote:
And I have to disagree with you mate, Dora was an attempt to enhance the high altitude performance... without achieving it... still high altitudes are the American battleground and you are mistaking the fact that this is a simulator and people don't usually combat where they historically did.

Quote:
To me Dora was a reaction to the P-51D and it came so late in the war that it was present only for the Reich defense (and maybe for Op. Bondenplatte).
Have you take a look on the firsts units arrive date? It's sooner than you seems to think. It's too late because it was outnumbered, and still not so good in very high altitudes.

I don't think LF Spit will be a match in performance (specially speed) to the Dora, but in the low level fights we usually find in a simulator (it will happen, you know it will, it's happening indeed right now with the only servers available) the Dora and the Spit will be the "more natural" opponents, of course not to mention the 109. History is nice, but the simulators arenas reality are quite different mate and people look for what they look for and they had till the early simulators.

Of course it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see some more variants like A8 and G14 .

S!
Old 10-14-2015, 07:48 PM   #38
Crumpp+
Posting Rights Revoked

Reputation power: 0
Crumpp has a spectacular aura aboutCrumpp has a spectacular aura aboutCrumpp has a spectacular aura aboutCrumpp has a spectacular aura aboutCrumpp has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Solty says:
To me Dora was a reaction to the P-51D and it came so late in the war that it was present only for the Reich defense (and maybe for Op. Bondenplatte).
Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Development of the Dora had to do with improving the high altitude performance of the FW-190 series, though.
Crumpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:33 PM   #39
Solty

Reputation power: 8
Solty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumpp View Post
Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Development of the Dora had to do with improving the high altitude performance of the FW-190 series, though.
Sure it was... that would be the D12 and D13 that actually had significant advantages at high alt. D9 was though still optimised for low-medium altitude, but yes it had better high alt performance than the A serries.

Also why those improvments were needed? Due to P-51 and P47 outperforming Fw190A at high altitude.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA..._Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Last edited by Solty; 10-14-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Solty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:19 PM   #40
Ganesh

Ganesh has a spectacular aura aboutGanesh has a spectacular aura aboutGanesh has a spectacular aura aboutGanesh has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesh View Post
Great thread and poll!
Thank you in advance for many posts i can read.
For myself i have not yet decided but i belive it´s foreseeable that no one can win this "fight" for me.
I also have not the expirience till now and can only say something to my persopnal aesthetic and visual aspects:
Outside it´s the Me. In pit the FW.
And now what happens... BlaBlaBla
Thanks Nedum for the best comment in this column. His own view based on a experience in game it seems to me.
which does not mean that a real veteran can´t tell us his real life experiences from the past

waiting for BO-105 PAH1A1
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
W7 - Asus Z97Pro - 4790K - 16GB 2400 DDR3 - EVGA 780ti SC - Dell 21:9 @2560x1080
TrackIR 4 - MFG Crosswinds Pedals - TM Warthog - MSSWFFB2 - Custom JetSeat SE

Last edited by Ganesh; 10-14-2015 at 09:30 PM. Reason: which does not mean...
Ganesh is offline   Reply With Quote