Bf 109 K-4 vs Fw 190 D-9 - Page 3 - ED Forums
 


Notices

View Poll Results: Kurfurst or Dora
Bf 109 K-4 53 51.46%
Fw 190 D-9 50 48.54%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2015, 12:34 PM   #21
Sporg
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,004
Reputation power: 11
Sporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really niceSporg is just really nice
Default

I cannot choose one over the other.

I miss an option in the poll: "Both!"
Sporg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:17 PM   #22
Celestiale
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 122
Reputation power: 0
Celestiale can only hope to improve
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupi View Post
To be honest I haven't voted either, I plan on learning to fly both well and let the results speak for themselves.. If I start to really notice that I have more success in one then naturally I will start to favour it.
when you are only after performance, you'll stick with the 109 for sure. It's by far the easiest to score kills in this plane both off- and online. You don't even need your MW50 even against an Expert AI..there are only 3 piston-planes from WW2 (who all 3 didn't see combat) who can match the K4. Bearcat, P47N and P51H. La7 perhaps in very low altitude. In addition the MK108 makes it more or less one run-up, one kill.
Celestiale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:30 PM   #23
Krupi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,463
Reputation power: 9
Krupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the rough
Default

Agree at the moment, I can already tell that I have to work a lot harder to achieve a kill in the 190. Last night in multiplayer I took out two piloted P-51 then RTB as I had used up the 30mm so I jumped in a Dora took out a P-51 then engaged another lost too much speed and span into the sea..

Thanks to the slats in a 109 I would never span in... You really have to look after your energy in the Dora
__________________
Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| EVGA GTX 780 | 16GB Ram | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | Oculus Rift CV1 | MFG crosswind Pedals

Project IX Cockpit
Krupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:32 PM   #24
MiloMorai+
Posting Rights Revoked
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 666
Reputation power: 0
MiloMorai is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestiale View Post
when you are only after performance, you'll stick with the 109 for sure. It's by far the easiest to score kills in this plane both off- and online. You don't even need your MW50 even against an Expert AI..there are only 3 piston-planes from WW2 (who all 3 didn't see combat) who can match the K4. Bearcat, P47N and P51H. La7 perhaps in very low altitude. In addition the MK108 makes it more or less one run-up, one kill.
The P-47N saw combat in the Pacific.
MiloMorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:32 PM   #25
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager
 
SiThSpAwN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 20,185
Reputation power: 100
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold
Default

Simply where each aircraft is happier fighting, and this is based on WWII scenarios, not the air-quake people like to talk about... the Spit will be a Low altitude fighter, much like the 190 is suited for, where as the P-51 and the 109 should be playing up high... I know that might not happen as it should right now in the sim, but I hope we get there at some point when we get some escort targets and the 190 gets to go after ground attack planes like the P-47.

I wasnt talking about performance as much as basic roles... The LF IX was put up with the 190 in mind, meant to play down low. Now I know that was earlier 190s, but we have what we have right now. I think a good Spitfire pilot will give a Dora a challenge still.

At least thats my take on it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solty View Post
How so? The Spit's main advantage is its turn radious. The 190 is a B&Z aircraft and inherently does a better job at diving and zooming. If a competent Dora pilot would fight a Spit, the Spitfire player can only evade or try snapshots, also 190D9 is faster in level flight.

To me Spit would be better against the 109 which is more of a turner and not even close to what Spit can do. Maybe Germans will stop breaking into turnning fights (although that is prartialy a problem with P-51 pilots that follow them too) as they will be afraid of the Spitfire cutting into their turns and leaving me more time to shoot at them


With any normal setting I would say 190 all the way. But we have D9 vs deamon called K4... I would say K4, just because of that acceleration and that a bit better turn and that easier flight characteristics. I think in games the 109 problems do not carry well into the virtual world, and pilot fatigue is not a thing so... So I voted K4. What I realy love about the Fw190 is the roll rate and ability to make good deflection shots at high speeds. Thats awesome. Oh and the cockpit is awesome too.

PS. I like Dora better, but I find the K4 in the GAME easier to get kills with. In any other circumstance, or if we talked about IRL I would say Fw190 without a doubt.
__________________
Nick Grey - "I have had the privilege of flying most marks of Spit, the I, V, IX, XIV, XIX and enjoyed working with Eagle to make this simulation of the IX the 'mutt's nuts'."

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:53 PM   #26
Solty
Senior Member
 
Solty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,640
Reputation power: 8
Solty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the rough
Default

Just one more thing. P47 is not a ground attack plane but specialized high altitude fighter. Its best performance is around 8000m. Both 109K and190D are faster than the Spit we will have so K4 is still "better" in speed department at low altitude than the Spit :3.

Well that is certainly a way of looking at things that I have never considered
__________________
In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA..._Sqdc0IKJuv6dA
Solty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:58 PM   #27
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager
 
SiThSpAwN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 20,185
Reputation power: 100
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solty View Post
Just one more thing. P47 is not a ground attack plane but specialized high altitude fighter. Its best performance is around 8000m. Both 109K and190D are faster than the Spit we will have so K4 is still "better" in speed department at low altitude than the Spit :3.

Well that is certainly a way of looking at things that I have never considered
I'm using the P-47 in its ground attack role, dont know about you...

If the 109 is down low with the 190 and Spit, who is intercepting the bombers? More to WWII than how 1 fighter matches up against another in 1 vs 1 combat... but now we are getting off topic... in the most basic aspect it will be 190 vs Spit and 109 vs P-51... if the scenarios are done right once we get our full WWII environment...
__________________
Nick Grey - "I have had the privilege of flying most marks of Spit, the I, V, IX, XIV, XIX and enjoyed working with Eagle to make this simulation of the IX the 'mutt's nuts'."

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:13 PM   #28
Solty
Senior Member
 
Solty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,640
Reputation power: 8
Solty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
I'm using the P-47 in its ground attack role, dont know about you...

If the 109 is down low with the 190 and Spit, who is intercepting the bombers? More to WWII than how 1 fighter matches up against another in 1 vs 1 combat... but now we are getting off topic... in the most basic aspect it will be 190 vs Spit and 109 vs P-51... if the scenarios are done right once we get our full WWII environment...
All German planes flew high alt too. Fw190A8 was going for bombers. Fw190D9 and Bf109s were going for the escorts most of the time. But some Bf109's were also going for bombers. Luftwaffe was using everything at every altitude. At Eastern front all planes were mostly flying low alt, as most Soviet attack aircraft were flying at alt below 3000m with fighter escorts at similar hight. 109s most of the time operated at low alt. Only since USAAF started the daylight bombings they started to fly high altitude to intercept them. Also Fw190 had many versions same as the 109. Some 109s were especially made for high alt like the G4 or G6/AS that were optimised for that alt, but most of 109s were G6 and they weren't actually optimised for high altitude.

Also Dora (Fw190D9) is usually called "the mustang killer" or at least is paired as the perfect enemy for the P-51D... thats why I was suprised you said that Spitfire was suppose to be its main oponent
__________________
In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA..._Sqdc0IKJuv6dA
Solty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:21 PM   #29
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager
 
SiThSpAwN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 20,185
Reputation power: 100
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solty View Post
All German planes flew high alt too. Fw190A8 was going for bombers. Fw190D9 and Bf109s were going for the escorts most of the time. But some Bf109's were also going for bombers. Luftwaffe was using everything at every altitude. At Eastern front all planes were mostly flying low alt, as most Soviet attack aircraft were flying at alt below 3000m with fighter escorts at similar hight. 109s most of the time operated at low alt. Only since USAAF started the daylight bombings they started to fly high altitude to intercept them. Also Fw190 had many versions same as the 109. Some 109s were especially made for high alt like the G4 or G6/AS that were optimised for that alt, but most of 109s were G6 and they weren't actually optimised for high altitude.

Also Dora (Fw190D9) is usually called "the mustang killer" or at least is paired as the perfect enemy for the P-51D... thats why I was suprised you said that Spitfire was suppose to be its main oponent
You make your missions, I'll make mine, k, I never said one HAD to ONLY be down low or up high or one HAD to be ONLY against another, it was a generalization, war isnt balanced, and its not about 1v1, even though that appears to be many peoples mentality? Back on topic now, rather not sit here cherry picking quotes from the internet about aircraft we dont even have in the sim. WTF, so argumentative all the time with you guys...

If I am jumping in a server with both the 109 and 190, I am taking the 109 every time no matter what is on the other side...
__________________
Nick Grey - "I have had the privilege of flying most marks of Spit, the I, V, IX, XIV, XIX and enjoyed working with Eagle to make this simulation of the IX the 'mutt's nuts'."


Last edited by SiThSpAwN; 10-14-2015 at 02:24 PM.
SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 02:27 PM   #30
Krupi
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,463
Reputation power: 9
Krupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the roughKrupi is a jewel in the rough
Default

I have to disagree with you there SiThSpAwN if we were talking about the A8 then yes however the Dora (like you said was used low for example to medium to cover Me262) really was good at height as well.

I have to be honest if I was leading the project I would scrap the Me 262 and replace it with Fw 190 A8
__________________
Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| EVGA GTX 780 | 16GB Ram | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | Oculus Rift CV1 | MFG crosswind Pedals

Project IX Cockpit
Krupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:41 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.