Grey cockpit

Simicro

Hi,

I prefer the grey metal cockpit (with the yellow stripe on the righ), compared to the black metal.

If I want the grey metal for all Huey variants, what should I do?

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Hey mate, do this:

1. Create a folder in your DCS installation directory like this:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Liveries\Cockpit_UH-1H\grey

2. Put the attached "description.lua" file inside.

3. Start DCS.

4. Go to Options -> Special -> UH-1H -> Customized cockpit, and select "Grey"

That's it.

Note that any update or repair might delete this, so it is very convenient to use JSGME or a similar soft to manage the mods.

description.lua

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello escaner,

Thanks for your help and the lua file.

I must say that I already have mudspike mod so if I install your mod I would have to choose either one or the other but not both at the same time.

Is there another way to do it, I don't mind copy-pasting files manually.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Best would be to merge both .lua files then. Mudspike's only change instruments and glass. You can edit them (.lua are text files) and add the lines in my description.lua within the mudspike's description.lua, there are no duplicates.

Both "vivid colors" and "vivid colors civilian" have two identical lua files, it is the textures themselves what change. You should get something like this (only one "livery" section):

livery = 
{
 {"UH1-cpt_dev2", 0, "uh1_dev_2_mod", false};
 {"UH1-cpt_glass_dm", 0, "UH1_glass_refl_mod", false};
 {"UH1-cpt_pribors_3", 0, "UH1_pribors_c_mod", false};
 {"UH1-cpt_pribors_5", 0, "UH1_pribors_c_mod", false};
 {"UH1-cpt_pribors_6", 0, "UH1_pribors_c_mod", false};

{"UH1-cpt-door", 0 ,"UH1_door_c_gray",true};
 {"UH1-cpt_karkas", 0 ,"UH1_karkas_c_gray",true};
 {"UH1-cpt_karkas2", 0 ,"UH1_karkas2_c_gray",true};
 {"UH1-cpt_panel", 0 ,"UH1_panel_c_gray",true};
 {"UH1-cpt_central_box", 0 ,"UH1_boxs_c_gray",true};
}

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Hello mate,

To be honest I hesitated because I 'm not into file editing (I fear to mess up things :music_whistling: if you can understand) but finally, I did exactly what you said and so far it works for all liveries that I tried :thumbup:

Many thanks.

- Tony -