Size of the updates

Hi to all....i would like to start a discussion about the size of the updates on DCS...i am running out of disk space has probably many people do to so is it possibly to reduce to maximun the size of the updates....thanks:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

Try running modded ARMA2 or 3, with something like joining a server running Insurgency, or anything with ACE+ACRE etc, then once your storage devices have exploded you'll be quite content with the requirements of DCS.

On a slightly more serious note, I don't think there's much to be done in size reduction, other simulators occupy similar amounts, or more. Storage these days is comparatively cheap.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

What do you mean ? like just the temporary size of updates or you game's size in general

I am talking about of updates between DCS versions of 12 Gigabytes in size...since i am a nature lover and dont like to waste my money stupidly on the latest hard drive...i would like that this thread would be properly discussed and DCS reviewed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

If you have many modules you will have larger updates by virtue of having more modules, pretty straightforward there. There is nothing to be 'done' about it. Disable some of your modules or play a different game. This stuff ain't magic, it's math. There is no 'reason' they're big except the incredibly obvious one : because they are big updates.

-edit

Nature has nothing to do with it. You do not have to throw your old drive away. A 2-3tb sata drive can be had for cheap these days. Add to your system and boom storage problem solved.

-edit Also, what Feefifofum said VVV

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Yeah if this game evolves the way it does right now sure that everyone will have all the maps and all the planes stored in their tiny hard drives like me...and we will be a happy family for ever....love all your comments...true:mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The full game with every map and module is around 130GB right now...which represents years of development and is about 6.5% of your "tiny" 2 terabyte drive...

The fact is highly detailed meshes and textures for areas that are hundreds of square km are going to require hard drive space. It's not something that can be discussed away and I honestly have no idea why you think it's an issue or why you're getting salty at people who try to politely explain this to you.

This is a tiny fraction of your hard drive. Updates replace existing files, they do not continually add up. If you don't use something and are concerned about hard drive space, remove it; you can always redownload if you change your mind later, but you can't ask water not to be wet.

Why would a nature lover be worried about the size of updates in DCS World? Frankly, the most environmentally unfriendly aspect of any computer game will be the power consumption. How much more power does a 4TB drive consume over a 2 TB drive over the lifetime of a PC?

I have had the same drives in mine for at least 3 years. They're probably less of an impact on the environment than a bicycle!

If you want to save the planet, I'd take up a less power consuming activity - maybe get yourself a plot of land, and grow vegetables?

Update sizes are determined only by the amount of data that needs to change to incorporate new features, and squash bugs. And there is absolutely no obligation to download them all. Why not just download every tenth one if you are limited on resources?