Need feedback on my cinematography....

Hi,

A few words, only personal opinion, and to give you feedback on a movie already quite attractive and dynamic.

Your formation flying shots with many aircraft are very good, the views from the ground as well.

On the other hand, the accelerated rythm does not feel right.

And you should play more with the zoom: there is a lot of wide angle shots which do not give justice to the beautiful hornet.

Hope this helps a bit, and I’m looking forward to more videos from you,

Congratulations for this auspicious start!

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

Hi,

A few words, only personal opinion, and to give you feedback on a movie already quite attractive and dynamic.

Your formation flying shots with many aircraft are very good, the views from the ground as well.

On the other hand, the accelerated rythm does not feel right.

And you should play more with the zoom: there is a lot of wide angle shots which do not give justice to the beautiful hornet.

Hope this helps a bit, and I’m looking forward to more videos from you,

Congratulations for this auspicious start!

thanks so much for the kind works, and criticisms. I'll deff take those into consideration for the next video.

I only increased the speed to go with the rhythem of the music, but fair enough i'll hold back on that for the next one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti

Cool! One thing that I noticed is sometimes your framerate seemed to be suffering (It could be my bad internet though, idk). If you notice this is happening, which used to be my problem, you could always run the sim in slow motion and speed the footage up in editing, effectively increasing the framerate.

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

Cool! One thing that I noticed is sometimes your framerate seemed to be suffering (It could be my bad internet though, idk). If you notice this is happening, which used to be my problem, you could always run the sim in slow motion and speed the footage up in editing, effectively increasing the framerate.

ya there were deff some instances of that, thanks for the tip man i'll try it out.

i hate that 1 second freeze frame I get sometimes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti

It lacked feeling to me. Seemed as though it wasn't a story, it was just clips. I did like the angles and ground views. The music made my ears bleed. I had to turn it way down. Still better than I could do.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

It lacked feeling to me. Seemed as though it wasn't a story, it was just clips. I did like the angles and ground views. The music made my ears bleed. I had to turn it way down. Still better than I could do.

it was meant to be just cool clips not a story, but i'll keep that in mind if other people think a story line is better for the video.

and yes I understand the music isnt for everyone, I try to use an array of music in my videos for this reason. can't please everyone lol

thanks for the feedback man, great stuff.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Rule of Thirds, look that up it might help.

I can tell when your frames are dropping due to your settings. You may want to crank down settings like visible range and objects when filming close in. And limit motion when filming wide (i.e. airbases, cities, etc.)

Use fog and haze to your advantage and use the mission editor to place aircraft, objects, troops, etc. sparsely (but close enough) to add depth to your shots (i.e. when filming airport ops).

Some people like 60fps (live look and easier to to do slow-mos with) uploads others like 24-30 (more cinematic look). I say it depends on what you want to. You can mix the two (i.e. special effects, flash backs, time-lapses, etc.), but try to be consistent with your base FPS.