Just a thought, and possible ideas

So maybe this has been mentioned before. I for one absolutely love the NTTR map, and will probably fly it just as much after the Persian Gulf map release. But here' the thing, even before the release of 2.5 and the new Caucus map, whenever I went online to play on the NTTR servers, they were almost always empty. And now after the 2.5 release it is even more empty than before.

I find this to be a real shame. I really would like to know the answer as to why it is so unpopular. I feel like this map has so much potential. So I guess my question is, What can we do (or ED can do) to bring this great map back to life? A couple things that has been mentioned before, like, maybe putting Fallon NAS into the map, or even China lake, givin that the hornet is coming out soon (these places would make a good home for the hornet on US soil.) And if they do add Fallon to the map, what about adding the FLCS to the airfield to practice our carrier landings?

Another idea is maybe improving the terrain texture. I noticed that the PG map coming soon has a beautiful terrain texture to it,that makes it "pop" out... it looks stunning. Can ED possibly do the same thing for NTTR as well?

What about improving the terrain further out? Like in the Rainbow canyon area where the Jedi Canyon runs take place?

Anything else as far as ideas anyone can come up with? Again, I absolutely adore NTTR and its an absolute ghost town, has been for over a year.

I am also aware that Wags has said before that they WILL NOT be adding NAS Fallon to the map. But why the heck not? It only makes sense and maybe this will help improve the popularity of NTTR or lack thereof...

Thanks

Sytem Specs: Asus armor Z170 mobo, Intel 6700k i7 chip, gtx 1080, 32g DDR4, 800watt pws, Win10, Samsung NVME M.2 256G Drive, 1T Samsung Evo SSD, 250G Corsair SSD, Asus 4k 28" 60hz Monitor, Oculus Rift, WarthogTM stick and throttle, CH rudder pedals

Sure! i'm with you, i like the map, but it need some more attention, the Grand Canyon it's not exits in the map.

I know the nevada map design is pretty old once in google I found an article

speaking of the nevada map in the time of the lock on, it was a penitence wait about 10 years until it was released (laughs), since I do not live in the US I do not know the area around, but the area of california is also interesting with military bases like the Fort Irwin (Bicycle Lake Army Airfield) and the areas with the antennas (Echo Antenna - DSS 12, Gold Stone, Apollo, Mars) below Nelson Lake have a deactivated airport with two airframes at the end of the runway, and one description j80 on the lake, you can talk a lot if we search on this map ....

I hope there will be more updates for the map, or even a Nevada Map 2.0 + California expansion, I'm sure the people buy!

edited*: EDWARDS AIR FORCE BASE ,F-35 tests and more there.

Edited by Chacina
more info

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

The size of maps is determined by the available technology today. Wags has said that there will be expansions when tech catches up, and the ultimate aim is to have the entire globe so you can fly between maps. That however may be decades away.

As for the lack of multiplayer use of the NTTR map - it is unfortunate, but the additional cost of running a server with premium maps, plus the fact that NTTR is not supported by multiplayer missions and the general lack of any historic air wars over the region will always mean this is an under exploited corner of the globe.

Hopefully, the Persian Gulf will not suffer a similar fate.

I really enjoy the NTTR map and the "flag" events that can be hosted there, however, being limited to "flag" events has hindered this map imo. Other maps can have believable war scenarios, whereas NTTR must stay in the realm of training. At least if it wants to be believable. More content may fill up some servers, but I just don't see it breaking out of its niche training category. Great map though! It just is what it is.