DCS Bf 109K-4 Missing Ordnance Resources - Bombs

I start this thread to gather resources for ED to model the whole range of ordnance for the DCS Bf 109K-4 (mostly also valid for Fw 190D9 and upcoming Me 262 modules).

Keep discussion to minimal, just gather and post resources.

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

AB (Abwurfbehalter - Drop Container) series bomb dispensers could contain a number of submuntions, with corresponding stencil change in designation. The number corresponds to nominal weight (i.e. 250 or 500 kg)

AB 250-2 bomb containers

image113.jpg

ab250.jpg

173647d1312790189t-battle-after-demjansk-sd-2-2.gif

Ab250.JPG

COLOR AND MARKINGS: Khaki overall with two red stripes on tail cone:

Stenciled on container for SD 1 bombs:

AB 250-2

224 SD-1

Gew 215 kg

(79) A

(69) D

Stenciled on container for SD 10 A bombs:

AB 250-2

17 SD 10A

(69) E

(89) B

The body is of mild sheet steel in two longitudinal halves hinged at the tail. It is divided into three compartments; dome-shaped nose compartment, cylindrical central compartment and cone shaped tail compartment. The nose compartment houses the fuze pocket welded to a bracket which, in turn, is welded to the upper half of the container. The two halves of the container are presumably held together by a securing nut and a shear wire which pases through an anvil in the lower half of the fuze pocket. (see illustration).

The sheet steel tail of four fins, braced by two bars riveted to opposite fins, is welded to both the central cylindircal and cone-shaped tail portions of the container.

The SD 1 bombs are housed in the central compartment. No packing pieces have been found.

When the SD 10A bombs are carried, a three plywood or cardboard partition is inserted making two compartments. The front compartment holds eight bombs and the rear nine. The bombs are positioned by a wooden structure placed in the center of the compartments. The odd bomb at the rear is stowed within this structure. Each cluster is held by smll wooden blocks bound by two steel tapes.

Possible Fillings

224 SD 1 bombs,

17 SD 10A bombs,

144 SD 2 bombs.

AB 500, the nominally 500 kg version, the largest practical for single engined fighters.

Butterfly_bomb.jpg

-SD 1, 1 kg 'mortar' anti-personnel bomblets

392 SD-1 bomblets in AB 500-1

224 SD 1 bomblets in AB 250-2

sd1.jpg

SD1s.jpg

Sd1_drop_container.jpg

-SD 2, 2 kg, the famous'butterfly' anti-personnel bomblets

german-butterfly-bomb-sd-2kg.jpg

-SD 10, 10 kg 'butterfly' anti-personnel fragmentation bombs

17 SD 10A in AB 250-2 container

245px-Sd10c.jpg

-SD 4HL, 4 kg HEAT/shaped charge anti-tank bomblets

74 bombs in AB 500-1 container,

40 bombs in AB 250 container

Bombs are packed nose in tail, thus increasing fuze safety.

Sd4.jpg

Edited by Kurfürst

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

Excellent info!

Thanks

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."