LN Quick Status Update (We're alive!)

Cobra847

Thanks for Heads up and have to say everytime i sit in the Mig 21 pit i am blown away by your attention to detail and master craftsmanship. These next birds will be well worth the wait. Keep up good work fellas.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Hey Cobra and the rest of LN team. Appreciate the update.

Quick comment from me:

The stuff you have made so far has been astonishing, and you've kept updating, fixing and documenting things. You've launched an extremely polished product in the Fishbed, and you kept on polishing after. You are a head above the competition in those regards! That's why I will not hesitate to buy modules from you again and again. Because I know the product will be great.

You seem to aspire for perfection, not just 'good enough'. That's what I value as a customer. I really hope that you don't let me down (not saying that in a derogatory way), but take your time and keep on polishing.

Praise aside, I think perhaps you should look at earlier ETA announcements and see if the math behind your estimates can be improved. ;) (edit: I think we DCS users would actually be interested in some in-depth developer's take on ETA experiences! It definitely seems difficult to make them with any precision.)

Edited by scaflight

Thanks for the update, Cobra! It really is nice to hear from you in an official capacity.

If I may offer a critique, however? The art assets should be fixed ASAP. It's frustrating that we've yet to even see the Viggen in DCS. A lot of us really appreciate your selection of aircraft. After all, who else would have made a study sim around the MiG-21, which is often little more than a digital claypigeon that might shoot back? And the Viggen? Seriously, only time I've seen a Viggen in a proper sim is in BMS 4.33.

Point is, quite a few of us are eagerly awaiting your aircraft selections. We've seen the incomplete Tomkitty, why not the Viggen?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

So should I put the kenny loggins vinyl on ? :-D

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

one question about your air-ground radar implementation.

Will it feature terrain masking or is it more a god-eye implementation like the Falcon BMS Air-Ground Radar?�

The ground radar works by sending out rays from the emitter (the radar). Thus, it's completely dynamic and occludes appropriately.

It's not a texture based approach (like having a "fake" ground mapping radar map texture)

Different materials offer different reflectivity, so skilled operators will be able to know what is what!

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thanks for the update! Can't wait for the Tomcat!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Thanks for the update Cobra :)

Looking forward to all your forthcoming modules, the Viggen and Tomcat are looking to be something special. I really want to see the Viggen though, we haven't seen anything of it yet and it sounds like it's going to be an interesting aircraft to operate.

Love the fact that you guys are throwing in training missions/campaigns as well, so many DCS modules miss this sort of feature and I really enjoy getting into a good set of missions or a campaign.

Thanks for the update Cobra! It's part bad news for me, because it seems there is still a lot of work with the Viggen, and the Tomcat will only come after it is released and off your table. Which might even be this time next year. No rush though, I'm sure you are doing an excellent job, it's just that the Tomcat is my favorite plane and I'm really looking forward to its release. ;)

Awesome update! I really really appreciate it. Every piece of information is very welcome!

Can't wait, for both the Viggen and the Tomcat! :joystick:

Wow!! Unbelievable, so what's coming first? The Viggen or the Tomcat?

:huh:

It's always been said the the Viggen is first. Even the F4U is supposed to come before the Tomcat.

And Cobra just confirmed this (Viggen > Tomcat) in the udate:

We'll be sharing much more on the F-14 once the AJS-37 is out the door, and more resources are freed up to produce enjoyable visual material.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The Viggen isn't anywhere near release and the F14 is even farer.

Thanks for the update, it is always good to manage expectations! :)

Yeah that's my idea also.

Don't know about the Viggen, but I think most people don't realise the Tomcat would not be released before the midle of 2017 or something like that...

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Thanks, just wish we had a single picture of the Viggen in DCS by now. Is that really too much to ask? :D

I'm still waiting for the official announcement of the Viggen. :D

So far it's all just "semi-official".

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Wow ! Looks like so amazing things coming (never enough quickly ^^) !

Can't wait to see your work on the ground radar !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Cobra, thanks for the great update! Just a week ago I decided to take up the Mig-21 for the first time in a loooonnnnngggg time, just too many toys to play with and not enough free time..., after reading about people having to get used to the landings and such. Man... what a beautiful job you guys have done. I always feel this way each time I jump into the cockpit. Flew around a bit (I've forgotten most of the controls so I didn't bother trying to DF with it) and just practiced taking off and flying around and landing... lovely experience! Trying to imagine what you guys will come up with with an F-14... Yup, mind blown. ;) Despite my impatient nature, it will be worth the wait!

Now I just need to be able to retire and then clone myself a few times so I have enough time to learn and use all the wonderful planes sitting in my hanger.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Thanks but... we are at mid-summer and not a word about the F4U-1D ? :cry:

I'd expect us to announce/show the Pacific project in full before the end of Summer, however- and a release of the Corsair this year.

It's still being very much actively worked on in general, there's just a temporary lull for the Corsair itself.

Question here Cobra, with the last update in May you've said that :

The F4U-1 is on a very temporary development hold as we wait for some new terrain technology to become available in the core engine- as well as focus fully on the AJS-37 until completion.

I'd expect us to announce/show the Pacific project in full before the end of Summer, however- and a release of the Corsair this year.

It's still being very much actively worked on in general, there's just a temporary lull for the Corsair itself.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2764600&postcount=45

So is this still a case and there will be an exclusive announcement for Pacific project by the end of August (or when exactly you consider end of summer) ?

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7