Proposing Mig 21-93 BISON

KewlerMouh

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a Vietnam era Mig-21F-13 or MF etc would not really add anything new.

As while they would be suitable and helpful for some scenarios they would not really add

any new capabilities,

(And there is no real need for one either since there is no Map atm that would need a earlier Mig-21 for a realistic sceario)

so for now the Mig-21Bis fills all the needs for a "Old" Mig-21 Variant

and i think a Mig-21 F-13 or MF variant would be unlikely to get a tonne of sales

unless / before there is a Map / Scenarios where the Mig-21Bis would not fit.

(Vietnam map etc).

Where as a Mig-21Bison would add allot of new capabilities and make for a much more capable aircraft in the DCS scenario

and would likely get much more attention / Sales since it would be competitive enough with its R-73s and R-77s etc.

And Both the Mig-21 Bison and Mig-21 Lancer variants are in service

(Though the last Mig-21 Lancers are about to leave service now as Romania has started to Receive the F-16s from Portugal).

The Mig-21 Bison would probably be the best choice of the two since its

both more capable,will remain in service longer and is based on the Mig-21Bis

(where as the Air-Ground optimized Lancer A was upgraded from Mig-21M's and the Air-Air Optimized Lancer C were

upgraded Mig-21MF's).

Edited by mattebubben

personally id rather see a mig23 ( ML/MLA/MLD), than yet another mig21 variant.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I'd love Bison or LanceR, infact I'd take it over many planes, but I don't really see it happening, for a multitude of reasons.

Some of the reasons I can think of are:

- Even if they would be built upon MiG-21Bis (and in case of LanceRs even the base variant is not Bis), it would still be a big effort with 3D models, cockpits, especially the systems and even the flight model to some degree. It wouldn't be a trivial task to create it.

- Most people would prefer to have different airframes for diversity, rather than variants.

- Considering the two above together, it would probably be a financial risk for a dev studio to take it on, and if said dev studio would be someone other than Leatherneck, it would be even more of a colossal risk since they would have to do everything from scratch.

I'd also enjoy playing around with a MiG-21F13 but that'd honestly be mostly for curiosity's sake. MF or PFM? Well not sure I'd be too interested in them. I'd possibly get them in a sale as I love the Fishbed and would like the idea of collecting them :P but even I wouldn't justify getting an MF or PFM full price unless there are more 60s era stuff at the time.

In my opinion, the aircraft that would round out things nicely and give many scenario possibilities would be a RED attack aircraft like Su-17 or MiG-27, or Su-24 or maybe A5C.

Theoretically, we may be getting a MiG-23 from someone, as the cancellation of Razbam's attempt eventyally led to reason being a conflict with a future plan. MiG-23 itself is interesting, and if we get one, I would like seeing it also leading to MiG-27, even if it would still be big effort to change a MiG-23 into a MiG-27, I think their roles are so distinct, they would probably both sell nicely.

BTW, while I understand people being enamored the Vietnam idea, 60s birds would be competitive between only each other and there currently is zero of them in the sim. I just don't see DCS: Vietnam becoming a thing in at least a pretty long term. So Vietnam era MiG-21s would mostly be a curiosity, perhaps only possibly interesting for a Middle East scenario after Razbam release their Mirage III.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I'd love Bison or LanceR, infact I'd take it over many planes, but I don't really see it happening, for a multitude of reasons.

Some of the reasons I can think of are:

- Even if they would be built upon MiG-21Bis (and in case of LanceRs even the base variant is not Bis), it would still be a big effort with 3D models, cockpits, especially the systems and even the flight model to some degree. It wouldn't be a trivial task to create it.

- Most people would prefer to have different airframes for diversity, rather than variants.

- Considering the two above together, it would probably be a financial risk for a dev studio to take it on, and if said dev studio would be someone other than Leatherneck, it would be even more of a colossal risk since they would have to do everything from scratch.

I'd also enjoy playing around with a MiG-21F13 but that'd honestly be mostly for curiosity's sake. MF or PFM? Well not sure I'd be too interested in them. I'd possibly get them in a sale as I love the Fishbed and would like the idea of collecting them :P but even I wouldn't justify getting an MF or PFM full price unless there are more 60s era stuff at the time.

In my opinion, the aircraft that would round out things nicely and give many scenario possibilities would be a RED attack aircraft like Su-17 or MiG-27, or Su-24 or maybe A5C.

Theoretically, we may be getting a MiG-23 from someone, as the cancellation of Razbam's attempt eventyally led to reason being a conflict with a future plan. MiG-23 itself is interesting, and if we get one, I would like seeing it also leading to MiG-27, even if it would still be big effort to change a MiG-23 into a MiG-27, I think their roles are so distinct, they would probably both sell nicely.

BTW, while I understand people being enamored the Vietnam idea, 60s birds would be competitive between only each other and there currently is zero of them in the sim. I just don't see DCS: Vietnam becoming a thing in at least a pretty long term. So Vietnam era MiG-21s would mostly be a curiosity, perhaps only possibly interesting for a Middle East scenario after Razbam release their Mirage III.

well to be fair we have close enough variant to have DCS vietnam.

South vietnam used F5A's and F5E's ( albeit E1 without rwr, and the earlier An/APQ 153 radar)

I think Mig21bis is close enough to fill in for earlier mig21 variants, coupled with a potential Mig19 from razbam. Eventually id say having a USAF F4E phantom, coupled with carrier A6 intruder and A7 corsair (planned by razbam), its close enough to fit late vietnam period Circa late 1972 operation linebacker 2.

similarly some potential assets that were used in that could be to be used in the 1973 October aka YOm kippur scenario ( mig21bis, Mig19 F4E, MIIII)

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 2 years later...

Has Magnitude 3 already commented on why they're not developing the -93?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Has Magnitude 3 already commented on why they're not developing the -93?

Did they ever say they would do it?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Did they ever say they would do it?

No (not in this thread, here is only a reply by Cobra from Heatblur, although this is a Magnitude forum which is weird), so that's why I assume that they'll NOT do it... So I asked why.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence