A-10C Campaign: Operation Jackal

hello, i have played mission one like 10 times and when i kill the infantry at his house, the personel searches everything and then just chills out and doesnt go into the chopper, any fix???

Yep, tested mission one with DCS 1.54 and it is the same old story, pathing for ai is faulty, when something is in the way he tries to take other routes not set for him and then gets lost and doesn't make it to the trigger zone, if he only followed the way points to the letter set for him, they would guide him through the obsticales correctly.

Mission still works fine in old v1.216, so it is a bug introduced through out v1.5x, very common issue though out all various missions I test and try to fix (both plane and infantry pathing), so much of an issue now, it is pointless trying to get any of them going under V1.54.

Seriously hoping that these core issues with dcs get fixed in the near future.

Cheers, Ian

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

I played mission #1 flawlessly this summer in multiplayer with a friend. Actually we only have mission 6 left out of the whole campaign.

Not sure whether it was originally for 2 players or I edited the missions for that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

Just confirming mission 1 seems buggy in 1.5.

I thought maybe the issue was that its SUPER easy to destroy the bunker with a CBU-97 so in desperation I used gun only to clear the infantry, but same result.

Giving up which is too bad because this seemed like a promising campaign.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

• 4 months later...

Superb campaign! It's the only campaign I have seen for the A10 that isn't completely absurd/unrealistic. :)

I have seen a few missions stall when the infantryman from the blackhawk doesn't re-enter the helo on mission completion, and thus the mission stops there and won't complete.

Anyway, massive Kudos.

And yes, mission 2 needs conversion of JTAC to a vehicle. Jackal-A10C-COOP-2FixedJTAC.miz

I am attaching the fixed coop one, hope you don't mind.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 years later...
On 8/31/2021 at 1:57 PM, Katmandu said:

I've updated this classic SP campaign to work with DCS 2.7 - changed some triggers, cleared trees etc. Played through the whole thing and everything seems to work fine now. Download here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3318226/  

I hope @Quirkitized does not mind.

Screen-210831-214504.jpg

Thanks for this campaign. Just finished this today. Awesome work @Quirkitized and @Katmandu

Edited by Clark88
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Mision 3 Defending Krymsk. Once I land in Krymsk first of all it is so dark you can't see anything. all you are told is go to parking area. Can someone tell me where the parking area is. All campaigns do the same. Is there a standard area to park? Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hi. Recently My DCS was updated to 2.8. Playing this campaign in 2.8 the first mission the second part of the mission does not materialize. I take out the troops at the house and the JTAC comes back target destroyed no more tasking I may depart and that is it. Darknight does not come back with the part of the mission where I am to take out the artillery. The house doesn't get blown up no options for JTAC dark night. I fly around for a while then depart because of low fuel and the mission is recorded as a draw.. Any chance having this campaign updated to 2.8. This is my second time playing it. Played it in 2.7 loved it one of my favorite campaigns. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hi 

Is there a problem with this campaign running in 2.8. In the first mission after all the infantry gets taken out it does not go into the second part of the mission taking out the artillery. The infantry guy just stands by the helicopter and does not search the premises. 

• 9 months later...
On 2/16/2023 at 9:38 PM, Orestd said:

Hi 

Is there a problem with this campaign running in 2.8. In the first mission after all the infantry gets taken out it does not go into the second part of the mission taking out the artillery. The infantry guy just stands by the helicopter and does not search the premises. 

Yes you are right I discoverd the same thing myself and the problem is that the unit that spaws in to do the search of fhe buildings doesn't start following the waypoints and I tried various things to fix it and finally had to force it to go to waypoint 1 but it should have worked ok the way it was so must be a DCS bug. If you add a advanced waypoint action and command the unit to go to waypoint 1 when flag 2 is set which I think is the flag which gets set after the chopper lands but can't remeber exactly. It will work if you do these changes or I could upload my modded version but will have to ask the permission of the 2 authors first.