Hornet UFC (potentially)

Brun

Finished!

UFC_image_007.jpg

Well, almost. Didn't like the finish of the knobs so I've taken them off for a coat of grey primer.

Really pleased with the shelving brackets I found on amazon. Bit over the top, but a perfect fit both physically and aesthetically...

UFC_image_008.jpg

Rushed to get the MFDs on, so at the moment they're a bit wonky and not in the right place. Should be easy enough to sort at some point.

UFC_image_009.jpg

The VR experience is a bit fumbly at the moment, but I'm confident that will improve over time. I've some little rubber furniture protection things on a few buttons to help distinguish them.

I came across a few issues with the design during assembly so will tweak those before making it available.

Wow, masterpiece! :thumbup::thumbup:

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Not gonna lie but as soon as that 3D file hits the forum there's going to be a scramble of people downloading it and sending it out for quotes! I know as I'll be one of them! Already got the switches ready to rock and role. This just looks awesome!

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

• 2 weeks later...
Finished!

UFC_image_007.jpg

AWESOME !!!!!!! Can't believe it :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: ....in my eyes this is a yawdropping miracle.

After a few months of DCS Hornet's release, this guy has done an (really working???) F/A-18C UFC Panel......exactly what I'm looking and longing for.

Damn, you are a genius....with a very good sense of design and appereance/perfection for the product as well.

---> an UFC Hardware-Box makes soooo much meaning.

Wondering all the time why the big players (like TM and others) are soooooo slow in doing some decent hardware stuff which suits for this fighter jet and available for public.

Congrats :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: !!!

Edited by NevSmith
English is NOT my mother tongue

Apologies for lack of updates, been preoccupied with other stuff for the last couple of weeks. Haven't even flown with this thing yet beyond basic testing.

I'll try and get the model finalised and uploaded this weekend.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

very nice work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Creator of:

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" 1998 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213788

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" July 2001 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215950

Pilot avatars for DCS Logbook

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221160

How to make a DCS A-10C Panel

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=65998

Bumping

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Hey guys, lets do this. It was obviously a lot of work to design this 3D model. Since we are driving him crazy with our bumping the thread, I am very happy to donate $20 to his Paypal for all the work. Let's do a +1 if anyone else is willing to do same. At least it will compensate him for the work that he did that will allow us to print these puppies up.

+1

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I feel bad that it took mentions of paypal to motivate me getting my arse into gear. However, I was definitely *not* going to accept any sort of donations before providing the goods, so here's a link...

F/A-18 UFC download

The zip file contains OBJs for each separate part. They may need rotating depending on whether your software is Y or Z up - or simply for the best orientation for printing. The knobs are sprued which is how I did them for shapeways, however that's separate geometry so should be straight foward to remove in any 3D package if desired.

The only modifications I made from my original version was to increase the size of the holes slightly because most of the switches were a tight fit. I'm willing to make other changes if people want to provide any feedback.

Also included are images detailing the screws and fittings I used, and a template for the perspex.

Links to the switches used are in post #2 and still valid.

Apologies again for taking so long to get this together. Despite the delay I'm really keen to see what people manage to produce from it.

I seriously had no intention of expecting any sort of reimbursement for my efforts, but any donations would be very gratefully received. You can do so via the button below. Thanks!

btn_donate_LG.gif

• Like 2

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Donated too. Hard work deserves reward so congrats on the end product. Can't wait to get my own now.

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.