Out of control after repair

I am not sure if this is a bug, I just report in anyway.

So, during my last night's BlueFlag flight I ended up conquering Gudauta with my fellow comrades after first taking Sochi, flying back and forth etc.. imagine this was a rather long flight. When I touched down on Gudauta I touched down too hard and damaged the bird.

I shut it down with LWin+End and took my long desired pause to stretch myself ;)

After the herd gathered again were ready to go for Sukhumi, I powered the bird up with LWIn+Pos1 and all was fine, ParkBrake engaged as usual. I released the brake, applied collective, some right rudder and right+back on the stickj as usual and expected a nice lift-off

but the Mi-8 rolled HEAVILY to the left, very heavy, I settled back, checked AP-middle was GREEN and it was so I tried again, same result, I almost couldnt get the bird up without having the rotor scratch the ground left side. So I lifted up, flew half a round over Gudauta and really had to struggle to keep it level, the Mi-8 wanted to nose-dive heavily as wellas roll left heavy ( like cyclic FULL FOWARD and a lot of LEFT).

I then thought..OK...smack her down, repair again and see what happens...so I smacked her down, broke the nose wheel off intentionally and repaired again, same result.

Well, since we needed the chopper badly I had to fly to Sukhumi the way it was, constantly trying to nose over and heavy left cyclic tendency.

I am pretty sure I did not dial any bad values, forgot a switch or anything like that.

Has anyone else registered this odd behaviour yet ?

I have the track, its 227MB in size so I can only send it via email through iCloud service and I would have to check when this happened so you dont have to look through all the track.

PM me so I can send the track via iCloud service ( up to 25GB allowed ).

I have not yet had the time to try to reproduce it and I had no F2 view to check if something did NOT get repaired ( BF rules ).

Otherwise, God..I love this bird !!!

Bit

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

It's been a while since I flew the Hip, but Im assuming that it's an issue with the automatic start up, and shut down procedures, and the AP box. Im guessing something in the automatic shut-down procedure script is not working properly and as a result the AP is not being initialized or reset correctly.

It can be a hassle but you should really take the time to learn the start-up and shut down procedures of the Mi-8

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I thought so too, but it never happened before and I often shut it down and restart it in the field to stop the rotor disc and hide somewhere until the AAA has been cleared or such.

Thanks for the advice :)

Startup:

I basically know it, at least I knew it a while back and I am always reminding myself to do it again and more often until its set. I can do it for so many airframes and the Mi-8 is actually not that complicated, in fact none is. I find the Ka-50 for example a very easy to start bird where most say it's complex, I dont think so tbh.

Indeed, a shame I dont !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I think it might be some error with the repair function. I had a hard landing and lost my tail rotor. After getting repaired and all systems were resetted I tried to start the Hip again, but the Batteries were dry and external power was needed. Despite having ground power, the engines wouldn´t start.

Had to switch to a "fresh" Hip and the start up worked fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

Trim settings looked ok BitMaster?

The joystick cheat showed no holding or offsetting of the neutral position?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Hasnt occured since so I guess it was a script error.

Control surfaces were correct, aka I reset trim while waiting for those repairs and rearms.

If it happens again I will post.