Force Feedback joystick settings

Hi all,

I have a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 and here are the settings I'm satisfied with for the Mi-8.

FF TUNE

Trimmer Force : 30%

Shake : 50

AXIS TUNE

Deadzone: 0

Sautration X: 100

Saturation Y: 100

Curvature: 0

Guys, if you have a Force Feedback joystick, what is the brand/model and what are your settings?

Edited by Simicro

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

Thanks for your feedback.

I did not change the default AXIS TUNE.

I only set Trimmer Force to 30%. I wanted not too much friction and not too much sluggish.

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

@Simicro

here are my setting for the mi-8 ( same MSFFB2 as you )

FFB :

80 trimer force

40 for shake

invert : yes (always invert trim in DCS with MSFF2)

Axes :

rudder : linear 100%

x : linear : saturation y on 70% x on 100 %

y : linear : saturation y on 70 % x on 100%

collective : personal curve here ( easier & more precise for hoover and landing, must be adverted and quick in vortex ring)

attachment.php?attachmentid=121095&stc=1&d=1441310525

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Thanks snowsniper.

Much appreciated!

I don't understand why it is recommended to always invert trim in DCS with MSFF2?

- Tony -

• 1 year later...

hi guys,

i got a ms ffb2 today. tried it with huey and mi-8.

i couldn't see any force effects. just a powerful centering force.

aren't there a vibration effects on these helicopters?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

hi guys,

i got a ms ffb2 today. tried it with huey and mi-8.

i couldn't see any force effects. just a powerful centering force.

aren't there a vibration effects on these helicopters?

First, make sure that you have Force Feedback enabled in the DCS Options.

Second, both helos use the so called "force trim" system. Using hydraulic pressure, the cyclic is kept in position and you have to apply some force with your hands to actually move it. If you depress the trim button, the hydraulic pressure is released and you can move the cyclic freely. As soon as you release the trim button, hydraulic pressure is applied again and the stick then is held at its new position.

Uhm, and third, with a MS FFB2 you will have to play around a bit with the FFB axes and invert one of the two (X or Y ... can't recall right now which one) at the control setup page.

have a look also on game settings for mi-8

see screenshot here

426473346_DCS2017-05-0621-23-15-16.thumb.jpg.66f95159ba44175f118dcd253d082159.jpg

1972173098_DCS2017-05-0621-23-45-49.thumb.jpg.666d18c3069008f5502f40adda411a9a.jpg

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

too bad they dont produce ffb anymore... would it make a difference in detecting sideslip in ww2 crafts?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I am playing with the shake but no shake at all.

But when playing su 27 . There is some force effects like gun fire or stall

why don't I get any ffb effects with mi8 or huey ?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

I am playing with the shake but no shake at all.

But when playing su 27 . There is some force effects like gun fire or stall

why don't I get any ffb effects with mi8 or huey ?

Because what I wrote as "Second" is all the FFB effects that you get in these helos.

Don't ask me about the technical details, but there is no "back channel" from the rotor to the cyclic - the whole thing is also called "artificial feel system" (iirc), as it adds a tactile feedback to the pilot only by artificial means, not by the real forces that act upon the rotor or the airframe.

I don't have any technical knowledge of this systems but I would like to get some vibration feedbacks when my wheels touch to the ground or getting into vrs or getting hit etc . Isn't it possible to make this work ? As you know there is a jetseat thing that gives these effects to the player. Can't we use some sort of softwares ?

Youtube