Excessive pitch-up on cat shots recently?

Nealius

Awesome, looks like the FCS now pulls up during the launch. This wasn't in back when the Hornet released so they must be working on it.

This is realistic behavior, but I also want to dig into exactly how many degrees the FCS puts the elevator up at:

As far as I recall, the stabs of the legacy hornet should remain fixed at the trimmed TEU position throughout the cat stroke. The Super Hornets FCS on the other hand increases the stabs TEU command as the jet nears the end of the cat stroke. The Super Hornet has significantly larger stabs than the legacy model, so my guess is that the FCS software was rewritten in this fashion, to reduce drag and increase catapult end speed.

Edited by Blaze1

Thanks for making me check again, those looked like legacies on my phone but watching again on my PC shows they're clearly not. I looked at more videos and it does seem like they don't pitch up, so not sure what ED is trying to do.

That said, I also tested ingame and the AOA doesn't seem to exceed 13 degrees, but I'll keep an eye out. Maybe the excessive pitch feel comes from the slow FCS trimming? That bug has been reported.