In game training

Yuriks

To: ED team

I love the game. Like many others, I enjoy the thought that by playing I learn how to start control a real jet. And, like many others, when I stumble upon some new, like instruments or maneuvers, I do one of the three things

1. Tell myself I will Google it later (50%)
  2. Actually Google it, find something interesting but irrelevant, return to the game an hour later, with no info (30%)
  3. Actually find the info on the Web and return to the game inspired by the new knowledge :pilotfly: (20%)

To increase adoption and user base (and ED profit that would speed up development :)) DCS needs a good in game training system. Not the current buggy module from the 2000x, where a player has to read a fine print at the top of the screen. And not (often really good) YT vids where one has to leave the game. But interactive instructions and visuals right in the cockpit, a trainer plane that a pilot can follow etc.

766794614_DCStraining.thumb.jpg.d5c7894a96984be91d2957a3179af787.jpg

I know ED has lots to do in the pipeline. But DCS has really steep learning curve, and without good training module too many new pilots run it few times and put it away for when they have more time to learn (Never happens).

If I was in ED, I'd leverage dedicated community with a tool \ API so pro virpilots could create and share training scenarios :joystick:.

IMHO :music_whistling:

DCS training.pdf

I use a tablet to watch and pause tutorial YT videos, while I fly alongside on my PC, active pausing when needed.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB