Thank you for audio improvement at death!

Fri13

I have not tried other modules (nor crashed on those) than AV-8B N/A, and I noticed that the latest update (or it might have been already in 2.5.5) my request was answered and the audio system was changed that when you crash your aircraft on ground, you are not in the center of the explosion sound at maximal volume.

Now when you crash, the audio volume is automatically lowered from that explosion so that you don't go deaf at that moment, or you don't need to try to quickly get your headphones off so you don't damage your hearing.

If it is in all and done by ED, THANK YOU!

If it is just in the Razbam module, THANK YOU FOR THEM.

Still need to test few things, like if you die in the flight and camera jumps just outside of your aircraft so is that audio as well lowered? As at least previously your camera was positioned just meters away from the engines and so on maximal sound volume.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Not sure this is specific to dying. In a fairly recent update, if you press the F2 key, the volume of the external sounds like the engines more slowly ramps up instead of being instantaneous.
I thought it was just me mishearing things. Cool beans

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Not sure this is specific to dying. In a fairly recent update, if you press the F2 key, the volume of the external sounds like the engines more slowly ramps up instead of being instantaneous.

Yes, that too happens.

What ED seems to have done, is gone through the overall camera-audio transitions, what have made huge usability and enjoyability improvements as you don't get your ears blown out because the sudden camera transition to close of high volume audio source.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I remeber reading a dev post saying they wanted to add exactly that when someone asked for an "external view volume" slider in the options which they didn't want to add though. I know since I threw my +1 in there. Definately better than nothing. No more sudden Loudness of Deafening +3 rdlaugh.png

And I never sim via headphones in the first place (they're for comms only), must have been a lot worse with those...

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg