aileron

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@memoric

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4289084&postcount=1

sums it up pretty well.

I disagree. We have no idea what his settings were for SS etc., and I suspect from what he said that probably none of the headsets were optimised particularly well.

I owned both the Index and the Reverb, and I sent the Index back. Don't get me wrong, it is a quality product with a lot going for it, but the resolution and clarity of the Reverb won hands down for DCS.

Each to his own.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I run the Index, never tried the reverb. Did as much due diligence as I could and frankly the reviews were about 50/50.

Until I can run the Index on max with no ghosting or stuttering (or someone confirms the same on the reverb)their is no need for me to try to evaluate one vs the other. It would be impossible for me to determine if one was worse than the other because of a compromise setting to get it smooth, or just plain better.

Long winded way of saying you will probably be happy with either choice. Maybe someday when we can max both out, there will be a clear winner.

Enjoy!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.