Stutters in latest OB

Coxy_99

My performance has dropped a lot in today's patch. I'm hitting the 30s and a lot of stuttering. Previously I was getting 45+ fps in this same mission in the Hornet. I'm using the CV1 and yes I've deleted the shader folders.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• ED Team

statics view range was increased for the Targeting pod, so you may need to adjust settings slightly to account for that.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Not just F-18 but across most modules i fly, F-18 was perfect last patch, But whatever they did really screwed it up. Is that an option i can disable?

it is a global change

Increased draw distance of static objects to compare to AI/Player objects

Increased draw distances of Map objects

But in my testing the hit wasn't to much, I had about a 1 or 2 frame hit.

You could adjust your view distance to counter it.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

statics view range was increased for the Targeting pod, so you may need to adjust settings slightly to account for that.

But would this effect just sitting on the ramp in a cold start? No t-pod is on or anything. At Vazani AB I'm getting frame drops in the mid 30s where it used to be 45+ before this patch.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

I assume when ED say "statics view range was increased for the Targeting pod" - they mean the view range for everything at all tiimes, that results in better view range/less pop-up when using a TPOD?

Which is very nice (one less mod I need to enable), but yeah has a negative effect when not even using a TPOD - really need stuff to pop up further only in the TPOD view - but not sure that's possible?

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't like this at all. I think I'll revert back to the previous patch until this is resolved. I'm more pissed at myself, because I normally check the forums for threads like this before updating. Looks like my next update will be for the new carrier. I can wait.

• ED Team

Why? are you seeing stutters also?

As far as I can tell the static object increase could be completely unrelated to the OP stutter issues

Yeah let's not falsely blame what is a proper change, proper visibility and realism is primary, our hardware is falling behind and it's not the game's fault, as mentioned, the CPU industry is in a terrible situation for 5 years and it'll take another year and a half before this stagnating period is over so just sit tight and let them do this properly for the bright times ahead when the proper hardware will become mainstream and it'll work out.

AMD's advances are not swinging the tide yet, they're the beginning of the end of this horrible period, it'll take another AMD generation for that transition to become practically noticable to us down here, while big, they just did catchup with Intel this time around, but Intel while late will also be upping up the game in a year or so, the new intel's 10nm is reportedly better than AMD's 7nm, the node names have become marketing terms or they already were but they have significantly diverged between manufacturers (TSMC, globalfoundries, intel inhouse)

For example a quote from a reddit disucssion on CPU nodes:

Yes. Physical gate size diverged from the marketing name a long time ago. There is no pitch or dimension in a gate that is "14nm" or "7nm" anymore.

GF 14nm is more like Intel 22nm, and Intel 10nm was set to be better than 7nm and even with the relaxed dimensions that they are pushing, will probably still match TSMC 7nm.

But Intel has problems so it's reported they will be late with proper Desktop parts and may even be toning down the desired density.

We just need to be patient and ED should focus on the longterm when new PC HW comes coinciding with the DCS core improvement such as Vulkan, updated models (AI), new maps and when these WIP full-fidelity modules are going to be closer to completion, and there's even MAC and new ATC and the beginnings of dynamic campaign, so in 2 years DCS will glow with these goodies, you don't want to be fixing broken pipes to your water heater in those times right. People should take breaks or chores or finish stuff in life right now, stuff that takes weeks or months to do, even if you're not working all day the mental capacity it takes can mess up the experience when you sit down and want to enjoy DCS, overhaul the computer room, do some research on HW to be ahead, all the stuff that would keep you away from DCS later, maybe there are things broken in the house that need fixing, now it's the time to do all that before the prime time, etc. I have literally just now completed my room restructuring, relocated the furniture, desks, and redid the whole setup, moved the PC up on the high closet and boy the room feels much cooler and fresher now with that computer air blowing up in the ceiling.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Why? are you seeing stutters also?

As far as I can tell the static object increase could be completely unrelated to the OP stutter issues

Yes, a lot of stutters and bad frame rates. Last night I was dropping to the high 20s.

• ED Team

We have some FPS issues being looked at by the team which should help in future patches.

I am still unsure about these stutters in this current patch, I just dont see them myself, tried VR tried normal with max setting and low settings. Not seeing the stutter.

Of-course that is not to say the OP isn't seeing stutter, just that my own observation while trying to reproduce I have not.

Yes, I can report the same. Had a 4 hour online session (Burning Skies server) and throughout entire session I had microstutters. FPS is normally around 90 - 95 FPS, but with microstutter FPS drops for just a split sec to 50-30. This is noticeable even with G-sync on. I'm not sure what to do since my settings are already tuned for high FPS and medium quality and its not really FPS issue, since it stays normally around the upper limit.

However microstutters are a huge issue online, especially when it comes to shooting.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I flew for more than six hours today, with the most current patch/beta release. Use Oculus Rift VR and had nearly zero issues. Once or twice I would get a stutter with the mirrors enabled, upon the initial scan of the horizon when my field of view would pass the mirrors. But after the initial scan of the horizon (on the ground or in the air) - would not experience any more. Have details on high, view range set to ultra, shadows set to medium, ground shadows set to default, heat blur set to low and all the sliders set to maximum (far right). If anything, I've seen an improvement in performance. Not sure exactly what might be causing your issue, but hope it gets sorted out soon enough for ya.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

......If anything, I've seen an improvement in performance. Not sure exactly what might be causing your issue, but hope it gets sorted out soon enough for ya.

Cheers,

Don

same for me, if anything, it got better.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

For me it's an interesting situation. Multiplayer frame rates have improved since latest OB. However in single player mission with a lot of objects the frame rate has dropped notably plus stutters. If I put the same mission to a dedicated server on LAN (another, less powerful machine), the frame rates are back to normal.

It feels almost as if the latest OB is using cpu less efficiently.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

For me it's an interesting situation. Multiplayer frame rates have improved since latest OB. However in single player mission with a lot of objects the frame rate has dropped notably plus stutters. If I put the same mission to a dedicated server on LAN (another, less powerful machine), the frame rates are back to normal.

It feels almost as if the latest OB is using cpu less efficiently.

I used the "win+G" feature included with the Nvidia hardware/software and when using DCS, my CPU usage hovers around 15%, while GPU and RAM usage hover around 90% and 80-90% respectively.

Haven't really flow multiplayer in quite sometime, due to trying to become more proficient / lethal with the F/A-18C, especially with the multiple new updates streaming in for the airframe - used to exclusively fly the A10C and could be considered beyond capable with it and certainly lethal, but find that the MP server I really like to fly is filled with many experienced players and isn't super conducive to learning at most times (unless you need to learn how to eject).

For me (personally), the MP servers was typically where the performance hits were most noticeable in the past. I will try to join a MP server when I am back at home base and see if there is any difference on my side and report back.

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

We have some FPS issues being looked at by the team which should help in future patches...

Hi Bigs,

Since you have access to the inside scoop of ED, are you able to confirm if there was code released in today's patch to fix the fps issues from the last patch? I am at work right now so I can't update and check. Unfortunately, I do not see any mention in today's change log.

Thanks.

The performance in this patch is GOD AWEFUL. Can't play. It's UNPLAYBLE.. getting 15-20fps in VR. Was getting 45+ and sometimes even 90fps before this. Recent update didn't help. It's not steadily that low.. it jumps back and forth between like 12 and sometimes 45 but usually it's in the 20s and it's just unplayable right now.

i7 6700k, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RTX 2080, Oculus CV1.

Tried lowering settings down to minium.. no help. Tried repairing. No help. Updated windows. Updated video drivers. etc. No help. It seems like in single player it's much better. On multiplayer it jumps all over the place. Even tried reinstalling Oculus.. no good. Nothing helps.

Edited by csdigitaldesign

I'm getting this same stuttering after the last OB patch. I've updated my Nvidia drivers, and deleted the Metashaders and FXO folder. Still same issue. Looking left or right causes this stutter for me in VR. I'll get the hourglass until it sorts itself out. GPU shows I'm getting 45 fps though.

Yeah. #Metoo

I am able to play Normandy with the BF109. Stuttering starts are very bad when using the F-18. It becomes really unplayable.

I did clean the shared folders. And I did disable the adicional mods.

Win 1809

NVdia 436.02

GTX1080 (GB

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Yep, big "pauses" here in VR too and generally poor performance versus the previous patch.

Same as the poster above, clean install of Nvidia drivers and FXO and Metashaders deleted. No effect.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H