Next aircraft speculation

Farlander

I just hope its something unique. not another wing, but something unique, like the delta-wings or that.. something that isn't 'yet another mig/american multipurpose'..

The grippen (going back to sweedes)

or something like the 'tejas'

https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/520d2a0eecad04540f000008-960-619.jpg

OR something more historical. The japanese f1 or that?

I just hope its something unique. not another wing, but something unique, like the delta-wings or that.. something that isn't 'yet another mig/american multipurpose'..

The grippen (going back to sweedes)

or something like the 'tejas'

https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/520d2a0eecad04540f000008-960-619.jpg

OR something more historical. The japanese f1 or that?

We have 3 deltas already so that really would not be unique.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anything but another USAF jet or fighter

+1

I think we've got quite enough of those to be going on with for a while...

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Hmm, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I dare say that once both the Tomcat/Viggen are slowly finished they’ll be the last HB module for DCS. With the announcement they made post launch in regards to their new partner and how quiet they’ve been since, without even the slightest amount of confrontation that they’ll still be developing directly for DCS. I would not be surprised if the Tomcat was their final module, I utterly hope I’m completely wrong, but this is just my gut feeling.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

Hmm, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I dare say that once both the Tomcat/Viggen are slowly finished they’ll be the last HB module for DCS. With the announcement they made post launch in regards to their new partner and how quiet they’ve been since, without even the slightest amount of confrontation that they’ll still be developing directly for DCS. I would not be surprised if the Tomcat was their final module, I utterly hope I’m completely wrong, but this is just my gut feeling.

Let me quote from that announcement:

Thank you for your support, we’re so excited for our future together and what that means for you as consumers, and we hope you are too!

So you think they are saying that they are excited for their customers, because they won't do any more modules for them? That's not really how I understand that announcement to be honest :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'd prefer if they pull a Belsimtek and just announce an almost done module for pre-order and imminent release, instead of those super long hype periods.

Also to give the Viggen a final good polish and squash those last bugs.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Let me quote from that announcement:

So you think they are saying that they are excited for their customers, because they won't do any more modules for them? That's not really how I understand that announcement to be honest :huh:

Well, things change ;) I bet there is more money on the military simulation side so I wouldn't be surprised if the F-14 is the last one either although it would be a great loss for the community.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Well, things change ;) I bet there is more money on the military simulation side so I wouldn't be surprised if the F-14 is the last one either although it would be a great loss for the community.

The company they partnered with doesn't really do military jobs though.

I know the viggen and the Mirage (have the viggen, love it, want the mirage next sale).. whats the third?

Mig 21

The Mirage is the only true delta as 'tailless delta' here.

Viggen has a double config, thats completely out of the row.

The MiG-21 has a 'tailed delta' which is pretty close to a conventional layout.

The F-16 has the same layout, but I have not seen it being mentioned as a delta so far.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

The Mirage is the only true delta as 'tailless delta' here.

Viggen has a double config, thats completely out of the row.

The MiG-21 has a 'tailed delta' which is pretty close to a conventional layout.

The F-16 has the same layout, but I have not seen it being mentioned as a delta so far.

Another true delta coming is the J 35 Draken albeit only as an AI (but I would love it as a module though).

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Another true delta coming is the J 35 Draken albeit only as an AI (but I would love it as a module though).

If they do model the Draken then at least they will be modelling the same engine that is used in the BAE/English Electric Lightning

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Lately I just cant shake the feeling / thought, that what Heatblur will bless us with next, will be the MiG-31.

First they made the MiG-21, followed by the Viggen. Two adversaries in their day in Scandinavian/Baltic region.

We just received the Tomcat, a predominately air interceptor with its impressive Phoenix missiles. Now what would be its direct adversary, and reuse some of the coding technology (as stated elsewhere by Heatblur)? Here Im thinking about Jester/Iceman plus pilot/RIO cockpit. A MiG-31 with its R-33's.

Slim, but I think it makes sense, and I really like the taste of it :).

cover_5b09406f679a66_57168159.jpeg

e8mnsv37ncy21.jpg

1280px-Cockpit_of_Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-31_%287%29.jpg

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I would prefer a fast MiG-25 over a slow MiG-31 though. It's also probably easier to get proper documentation for the 25 than the 31.

Tornado remains my #1 though :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I would speculate, that their next aircraft will be F-14A Tomcat.

I could settle for a MiG-35, well, decent Su-39 would be a blast too!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 2 weeks later...

Panavia Tornado is at number one. No question about that. Number two would be a MIG-31 and three would be, i guess a North American A-5 Vigilante. Starfighter would be bitchin as well.

But we need a Tornado asap.

Edited by OPEC

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

RAZBAM is doing that one

Well, half of it anyway.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).