[REPORTED]Performance degradation with the last two beta updates

RealDCSpilot

VR was running well before, what is the intention behind the performance decrease of the latest beta updates? The game is barely playable right now. :(

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

I kind of noticed too especially in the update before the last one. It was not generally reported so I thought it was from my end.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Not seen any degradation on my side, although as mentioned by toutenglisse, I've disabled Wake Turbulence.

Pimax 5K XR and other specs in my sig

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm running OB for months, on almost ultra quality settings, very high supersampling (beefy hardware) and it was fine until 2 OB versions before. Now it's very bad framerate/stutterfest, no difference wake turbulence enabled or not. Visually i see that they messed up the tree shadows, so something is going on...

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

What exactly are you referring to?

We are referring to instead of getting 45fps + in VR in DCS with a RTX 2080, i7 6700k, 32GB RAM, and a NVME SSD (my system), we are getting 15-20fps.

15fps is NOT PLAYABLE in VR. Not even close. I can tolerate 30fps.. 45+ is ideal. 90 is perfect. Sometimes I would GET 90fps.. on multiplayer. before the patch on the 14th. NOW? Nope... total garbage.

That what what we are referring to.

glad to see its not just me, my index is really struggling, can i see your settings Alec and Csdigital?

8700k @5.2ghz delided \ Asus Maxiumus XI code \ RTX 3090 FE \ 32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3600 \ 1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME \ 1TB samsung 850evo \ 2TB WD black HDD \ MFG crosswind v2 \  Virpil WARBRD X2 Constellation Alpha L+R and Mongoose CM3 throttle \ ASUSPG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide 

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM

my settings, which ran quite well before the latest two OB versions:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3994203&postcount=646

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3995299&postcount=673

Edited by Alec Delorean

The degradation is also seen while on 2D screen monitor. I was getting between 100-120 fps on my custom settings but has dropped to 80 something now.

VR fps goes in 10s. Had to reduce my settings to manage 22fps.

Perhaps they pull the plug on the VR optimization to retweak it.

Hoping to here something official.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

It's hard to say something definitive without referential…

Personnally I still have the same 100% satisfaction with VR perf (I'm happy with 45 fps + ASW quasi all the time) with my settings. I've not seen any decrease but I don't use crazy high settings (I use to have headroom, except in dramatic situation)

When I run the "VR test" (TF51-D free flight tibilissi) I still have at least the same fps since June (maybe even some small more fps)

I likewise am experiencing no degradation (OB)

, and remain very happy with DCS VR even on my modest system .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I think this is why I'm not really enjoying my newly bought Index...:cry:

I haven't played DCS so much recently in anticipation for my Index to arrive. I install the Index, update the game and go from a solid 45 with the Rift to like 20-25 with the Index although I lowered the PD quite significantly...

Update: Reverted back to the open beta of 7/31 but sadly I have similar performance.

Edited by frosen

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

I think this is why I'm not really enjoying my newly bought Index...:cry:

I haven't played DCS so much recently in anticipation for my Index to arrive. I install the Index, update the game and go from a solid 45 with the Rift to like 20-25 with the Index although I lowered the PD quite significantly...

Update: Reverted back to the open beta of 7/31 but sadly I have similar performance.

Honestly why I won't be upgrading to any of the new headsets and think the rift S would be the best choice if I did. Game is on the very edge of good/poor performance with DCS even on the original Vive, and thats not talking about heavy missions.

To push up the resoultion would be similar to bumping up SS, and I already know that with MSSA on 4, that any higher than 2 SS degrades performance significantly.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

@frosen

If you are on SteamVR beta (1.7.9), opt out and revert to stable version 1.6.10. It should remove any unusual performance issues.

Not on steam and still suddenly got fps cut in half without changing anything. Got 4 other pilots of my squad that reported the same issue. Something is real fishy here.

Not a pilot of your squad, but I have noticed a similar performance drop. :helpsmilie:

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

• ED Team

Hi all

We do have some FPS issues in our bug tracker that when resolved will help, we should see an improvement in future patches.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

We do have some FPS issues in our bug tracker that when resolved will help, we should see an improvement in future patches.

Thanks

Great news. Thanks a lot. Looking forward to that.

I'll be away for a few days, could anyone provide any feedback on performance after today's patch? It would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals