A10C ILS

Zarma

In 2.5, on Caucasus at least, the ILS doesn't seem to work.

Tried on Kobuleti, Senakhi and Kutaisi, with M2K and A10C, never got the signal or tone.

Haven't tried other planes/airfield.

Anyone else noticed that ?

Edited by Zarma

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

I've noticed it too, Was flying in thick fog and almost deadsticked it into the field next to kobuleti because i never picked up the TACAN or ILS beacons.

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol:

Have you made any local changes to beacons.lua file that carried over from the previous version? I had similar issue when I used the old file from 1.5.8, TACAN did not work correctly.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I've been dabbling with the ILS at Nellis in the A-10C and I've discovered that you have to be unusually close and uncomfortably low to get both Localizer and Glideslope to play nice...

The signal should be much stronger with at least Localizer acquisition out to 10+ miles...

You should be able to comfortably acquire the glideslope in level flight at 8,000' and not down at 3,000'...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Have you made any local changes to beacons.lua file that carried over from the previous version? I had similar issue when I used the old file from 1.5.8, TACAN did not work correctly.

No I havent. Is your ILS working ?

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Did not check ILS, but that fixed my TACAN issue. Will check the ILS next time I fly the A-10.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Kobuleti ILS

Got the current update (2-6-18 date) and flew an A-10C mission, not ILS working at Kobuleti. Tacan works fine. I haven't tried any other bases yet. Red off flags on both glideslope and localizer on channel 111.5. Don't recall hearing an ID signal either. Channel selected, ILS selected and indicater bars selected.

Edited by Speedbrake

• 2 weeks later...

ILS is also not working for runway 31 at Tblisi (at least not on the 108.9 frequency). Runway 13 works fine

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I haven't been able to pick up the localizer beam for Kutaisi to save my life between the A-10C, M2000C, or the Harrier.

Some airfields seem to work. I'm able to find the beam @ Batumi no issues in Harrier and M2000C..just landed m2000c via ILS at Mineralnye-Vody. Haven't checked either with the A-10C. I'm wondering if wind direction is throwing Kutaisi or even runways with only 1 beam pointing one way even when ATC is guiding you in from that direction.

In the AV8B it's like I'm still getting AWLS signal in the EHSD + heading and distance to Kutaisi but on approach getting no beam and therefore missing the guidance info on the hud. I'm also being

sure to contact the tower every time. No needles in the A-10C. I probably won't be testing every single runway.. but if anybody feels like it it'd be interesting to know if it's the wind throwing off runways with beacons pointing towards only one end.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Do to prevailing winds some small air fields only put ILS on one runway heading.

Such as Kutaisi.. but the point being made by my post is that for some reason I'm not catching beams there.. on that specific runway heading.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

• 1 year later...

I want to bump this whole thread...

The ILS's and NDBs at various airfields on Cauc are bugged.. (I tested this with A10C, Mirage and also the Harrier AWLS is bugged at the same airfields).

For NDB's, i tried The Mi8.

I wish to emphasize that the 3 airfields listed that don't have a working ILS are the same that don't have working NDB's and whatever the harrier AWLS uses - but tacans work fine.

Most airfields with it installed work fine (i know for sure Batumi, Nalchick, Sochi do) But the airfields named below are bugged together with their corresponding NDB's (the tacans work fine regardless).

Kob, Kuts, Senaki are 3 I know dont work, even slightly, its as if both the ILS for the airfield, as well as NDB's are completely disabled, or someone accidentally swapped the freqs.

I also have the Vegas and PG maps - all those freqs, in so far i used, work fine.

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.