HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

One more thing, should we expect slightly better performance once DCS is WMR natively? Just curious

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Turning on motion vector reprojection smoothed things out but hate the box in the upper left. Guess it’s helpful for tweaking though.
You can just keep the indicator commented out:

// "motionReprojectionIndicatorEnabled" : true,

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Oh nice. Thanks Baldrick. That was dopey of me!

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

How does it work? Yes week 31 Gen 2.

Newly shipped Reverb serial is 8CC931Z124. Guess 931 are relevant digits.

Edited by Secoda

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

I wondered that. Might be worse. SS might be more efficient outside of DCS. It does eliminate a point of failure.

One more thing, should we expect slightly better performance once DCS is WMR natively? Just curious

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

Update - Voodooimax (HP QC Manager) did respond but I didn't get notified. The Rev. A is a change of the box and not the Reverb unit.

"Is the one printed directly on the box on the short flap? Next to the bar code and the part number that reads: L54016-001?

That's for the box itself. :)"

That would mean they are still Gen 1's but they probably went through the more rigorous testing than the first batch from what I was told.

For the record, my ShopBLT Reverb Pro ordered around the 10th of August says it is a Rev A of week 25. I've only used it for maybe an hour, so certainly not long enough to really judge. I hope HP went back through their stock and fixed the older units cause it looks like I got one. I read back through the last 6 pages to catch up.

Has Voodoo confirmed at all what the Rev A is? I know a lot of people have a Gen 1 without any issues, but I'm trying to figure out if I need to worry about the $650 purchase I just made. Mine does have a clip, though, so I'm hoping they made sure their remaining Gen 1's were OK.

Edited by Secoda

Right - as long as it has an upgrade path to the next Intel chip you may need or other hardware changes you may need say twelve months down the road so you don't have to do it again.

I bought everything on sale from Micro Center but built it myself and had a bugaboo of a time thinking there was a problem with the MB. I have my gaming PC setup in our home theater and use an 82" Samsung 4K QLED TV as the gaming monitor (which is fabulous BTW) but the ASUS MB would not recognize the monitor routed through an AV receiver to boot up. While there is a bios switch for this it didn't help. I ended up routing the video direct but wasted a lot of time (a full day) figuring it out. ASUS support helped a little. LOL

DCS sound and music routed through a Dolby atmos AV home theater system is spectacular btw.

The cockpit is HUGE. lol

jMP6HmU.jpg

You should set up proper FOV in some *.lua file in a similar way as it is in racing sims. Proper FOV is making it closer to VR experience depend on screen size and distance.

Use some FOV calculator according to your TV size and distance from your eye.

One of the calculator. Other you got a link in the video description. DCS use hFOV for entering values.

Thanks but I use the Reverb to play. I only use the big screen for setup using the non-VR load.

Also, changing the FOV in DCS can make it fail the integrity checks in multiplayer games because of the advantage.

You should set up proper FOV in some *.lua file in a similar way as it is in racing sims. Proper FOV is making it closer to VR experience depend on screen size and distance.

Use some FOV calculator according to your TV size and distance from your eye.

One of the calculator. Other you got a link in the video description. DCS use hFOV for entering values.

Edited by Secoda

Need help I guess. Replacing Oculus CV1 with HP Reverb. Installed Steam, SteamVR and set up headset in WMR. Starting WMR and/or Steam I get a nice visual of the cliff house in the headset, BUT DCS always starts in non VR on the monitor and headset just shows cliff house. I have DCSW VR Options checked for VR Headset. CV1 headset is disconnected. How do I get DCS to start in VR? Never had this issue with CV1. Do I need to uninstall Oculus software?

Did you install WMR for SteamVR?

Need help I guess. Replacing Oculus CV1 with HP Reverb. Installed Steam, SteamVR and set up headset in WMR. Starting WMR and/or Steam I get a nice visual of the cliff house in the headset, BUT DCS always starts in non VR on the monitor and headset just shows cliff house. I have DCSW VR Options checked for VR Headset. CV1 headset is disconnected. How do I get DCS to start in VR? Never had this issue with CV1. Do I need to uninstall Oculus software?

If you can get to the steam house you can start it from there. If you are running steamDCS you can start in vr from steam. I had a CV1 and quickly unistalled the occulus software because it kept starting with the wmr headset anyway.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Did you install WMR for SteamVR?

Thought I had, but apparently not. Now running fine. TYVM. I read Steam is not needed, only the SteamVR folder. So can I uninstall Steam and retain the SteamVR folder? Where to move it?

First impressions after 10 minutes. Reverb is quantum upgrade from CV1. Apparent resolution and clarity improvement is about half way between CV1 and 32" 1920 x 1080p monitor. Gages easy to read.

I think you are stuck with Steam.

Once you get the Reverb tweaked it gets closer to a 1080P monitor from a few feet away.

Thought I had, but apparently not. Now running fine. TYVM. I read Steam is not needed, only the SteamVR folder. So can I uninstall Steam and retain the SteamVR folder? Where to move it?

First impressions after 10 minutes. Reverb is quantum upgrade from CV1. Apparent resolution and clarity improvement is about half way between CV1 and 32" 1920 x 1080p monitor. Gages easy to read.

I think you might actually need steam for WMR for SteamVR.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

A Standard and a Professional model. I had both. The difference is there is a second short cable in the Professional for using a PC backpack and the face-pad is leatherette instead of cloth. Frankly, I could not tell the feel of the face-pads apart. Both headsets are otherwise identical in every way. Save the $50 or whatever it is IMO. At one time it appeared that the warranty might be different but it seems HP made them all 1 year now.

Is there two models of reverb ? A normal and pro ? If so what’s the difference thanks from Australia

The difference for us Aussies is that the Pro is not available in Australia! Nevermind, it was only around a week ago that anybody in Australia working for HP had even heard of it.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

A Standard and a Professional model. I had both. The difference is there is a second short cable in the Professional for using a PC backpack and the face-pad is leatherette instead of cloth. Frankly, I could not tell the feel of the face-pads apart. Both headsets are otherwise identical in every way. Save the $50 or whatever it is IMO. At one time it appeared that the warranty might be different but it seems HP made them all 1 year now.
I believe the Pro also comes with a different/better type of warranty. Additionially, the leather portion of the HMD allows for easier cleaning and will probably have a longer life.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

They changed the warranties to be the same. You can purchase additional warranty.

I would equate the face pad difference to cloth chair vs a vinyl chair cover but the cloth is very fine thread and dark color. Both are removable to clean as is the rubber nose piece. I owned both a long time.

https://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/getpdf.aspx/4AA7-4776ENW.pdf

I believe the Pro also comes with a different/better type of warranty. Additionially, the leather portion of the HMD allows for easier cleaning and will probably have a longer life.

Edited by Secoda

They changed the warranties to be the same. You can purchase additional warranty.

I would equate the face pad difference to cloth chair vs a vinyl chair cover but the cloth is very fine thread and dark color. Both are removable to clean as is the rubber nose piece. I owned both a long time.

https://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/getpdf.aspx/4AA7-4776ENW.pdf

Oh cool. Whats he cost of the extra warranty?

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Not sure - my first one which shipped June 1st and was the Pro had a 3 year warranty so I never checked it out.

Oh cool. Whats he cost of the extra warranty?

It still shows a three year warranty. Maybe I should have kept it for a replacement. lol (actually I got the 2nd one (Standard) for about $150 less from Best Buy)

8g76M3d.jpg

It still shows a three year warranty. Maybe I should have kept it for a replacement. lol (actually I got the 2nd one (Standard) for about $150 less from Best Buy)

Nah. If you would have kept it, they would have probably downgraded your warranty like they did with mine. They probably just don't update your warranty status anymore because you returned the headset. Heh...either that or they just like you better. :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly: