C-101 update

Vibora

One question, since I haven't been a lot on the subforum here: When will the C-101 release outside beta?

I am not the regular beta user (Bought it for testing, found it good, but refunded it since I don't like bugs from the open beta in my sim) and I would to buy it again and use it from time to time as soon as its in the normal version...

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

We don't like to give estimates, but it could be around 2 months. We need to complete, mainly, multicrew, plus also real sounds and some input issues, as well as resolve the existing bugs, which are not too important.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Último changelog de la Open Beta:

DCS C-101 by AvioDev

• Improved buffet. It now vibrates depending not only in G load but also in AoA at high G loads.

Gotta say. Just loving this thing lately. Funny enough, I'm spending a lot more time in the EB than the CC. It's not the fastest kid on the block, but get er up to 350 or 400 kts at low level and she's a blast.

Question though. Is it possible to over-G the airframe or is it still WIP?

Question though. Is it possible to over-G the airframe or is it still WIP?

Hi Kontiuka :)

I don't see how you could over-G the C-101. I mean, airplanes are able to support very high instantaneous g forces. Making the wing brake as soon as you exceed a certain g force isn't much realistic IMO. It shoukd be possible to accumulate airframe stress. I see it more realistic to not make the wing brake than making it brake if you exceed the g limit. It seems something to be discussed.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't see how you could over-G the C-101. I mean, airplanes are able to support very high instantaneous g forces. Making the wing brake as soon as you exceed a certain g force isn't much realistic IMO. It shoukd be possible to accumulate airframe stress. I see it more realistic to not make the wing brake than making it brake if you exceed the g limit. It seems something to be discussed.

You mean break, not brake. Now, for a fully loaded CC, could it be possible to break the wings in extreme conditions? Not in normal flight of course, as that thing has barely the power to move a fully loaded CC, much less to make a very high G turn.

Has it happened in real life? Has a C-101 broken the wings in flight in Spain or any other country? Probably it would not be difficult to know, but I think it has not happened. As far as I know, if according the G-meter the structural G limits of the plane are exceeded at any moment during a flight, the plane gets grounded until revised and repaired if neccesary to prevent exactly that kind of accident.

Correct. If you exceed g limits on any a/c it gets grounded as you say. Breaking a wing is not easy at all, most probably happens after several events were g limits are exceeded without a proper maintenance. There is no record of a C-101 with a broken wing AFAIK.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 weeks later...

As you can see there is no C-101 update in latest ED's changelog. The reason is that latest 2.5.4 internal update was the 19th and we submitted our changes between the 20th and the 22nd. Bellow you can see the changes that we had prepared (but which are NOT included in latest open beta):

DCS C-101 by AvioDev

Added functionality of the following circuit breakers of armament panel in the C-101CC:

• MACHINE GUN 1 CANNON

• MACHINE GUN 2

• ARMING CONTROL

• EMERG

• NORMAL

Fixed cockpit frame roundness between front and rear canopies.

Fixed position of some of C-101CC circuit breakers of weapons panel, so that the white ring is visible when the circuit breaker is tripped.

Fixed default position of C-101CC circuit breakers: white ring not visible now when the circuit breaker is pushed in (flushed).

Fixed ignition switch functionality when using keyboard or joystick buttons.

Fixed default position of ignition switch at mission start.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the update, guys!

DCS C-101 by AvioDev

-DH light will not illuminate now, when triggered, if secondary DC bus is not powered or RAD ALT CB is pulled.

-Added radio altimeter switch functionality.

-Added canopy fracturing lever functionality and effects (depressurization, visual effect and sound).

-C-101CC main altimeter baro setting synchronization in multicrew: the rear cockpit main altimeter uses the forward cockpit altimeter pressure setting.

-C-101EB VHF radio (ARC-134) multicrew synchronization implemented.

-Added explosive depressurization to Mission Editor failures.

-Several fixes regarding canopies functionality both in multicrew and in single player.

-Corrected radio altimeter name in ES localization (Radioaltímetro <-> CC Radioaltímetro).

-Added depressurization due to damage of front or rear canopies.

-Improved fractured canopy model and texture of cockpit view.

-Cabin will depressurize now when ejecting.

-Fixed binding to keyboard and HOTAS of ARC-164 UHF radio knobs and switches.

-Added IFF Reply Test Lamp and IFF Test Light control inputs, which were missing.

-Fixed Standby Horizon Pitch Reference Adjust binding to keyboard and HOTAS.

-Added hypoxia (oxygen starvation) effect.

-Added ARC-164 (C-101EB UHF radio) multicrew synchronization.

-Cockpit labels are now readable when using low textures option (increased resolution).

-Fixed binding to keyboard and joystick of ARC-134 (C-101EB VHF radio) knobs and switches.

-Fixed binding to keyboard and joystick of C-101CC V/TVU-740 radio knobs and switches.

-Implemented binding to keyboard and joystick of console and instrument lights dimmers.

-Implemented binding to keyboard and joystick of cabin temperature control.

-Implemented binding to keyboard and joystick of intercom knobs and dials for C-101EB and C-101CC.