How do I install Modules from pre-existing files?

Nooch

I have installed DCS on my new PC and in order to avoid re-downloading all the modules I've made a backup to install things from it. The thing is, I can't make it work.

I've tried several things already (putting my files directly where they should belong in the DCS folder, also tried the .downloads folder...) and I can't make it work. Any help would be very much appreciated!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Copy the whole install folder to anywhere on C: drive etc.

Copy the links from the new bin folder

C?:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin

or where ever you have it.

D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin

DCS_updater.exe

DCS.exe

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Both ways should work.

Please, post your autoupdate_log.txt

I've got two files, one normal and one labeled old.

Copy the whole install folder to anywhere on C: drive etc.

Copy the links from the new bin folder

C?:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin

or where ever you have it.

D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin

DCS_updater.exe

DCS.exe

Not sure I understand the process you described.. I believe it aims at installing the entirety of DCS but I just need to install some modules only.

autoupdate_log.txt

autoupdate_log_old.txt

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is there a way to trick the sim into thinking the modules are installed? I would just need to drag and drop the files and boom problem solved.

It's not a lot to download just the modules themselves.

You could try just starting the download for said module, stop it and then copy it over. That might trick DCS. Think I've done that with a map in the past. Not sure if it will work? Give it a try.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

It's not a lot to download just the modules themselves.

You could try just starting the download for said module, stop it and then copy it over. That might trick DCS. Think I've done that with a map in the past. Not sure if it will work? Give it a try.

I've tried it and it didn't work.

The modules represent a huge download for me. It's not the aircraft but the maps... the maps are huge. I can only use 4G with a limited data plan as my adsl connection is just way too slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you tried not to cancel the download? Updater has to check the files, download deltas and then hopefully it finds the files you already have.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Have yuo tried not to cancel the download? Updater has to check the files, download deltas and then hopefully it finds the files you already have.

Yes, basically I'm waiting until it starts actually downloading something and then I cancel. I'm very much aware of how it works, the problem is that it doesn't want to find the files I want to give.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Hi

Not sure if this will help but here goes.

try placing this dcs_local_source.txt in your dcs root folder.

Of-course you will need to edit the contents to point to your backup install.

dcs_local_source.txt

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

After editing the file to point to my current install path (because I have no dcs backup per say, the only backup I have is just the persian gulf module files) I tried running an update and then a repair but it did nothing.

Basically the issue right now is that I have Persian Gulf showing up as installed in the module manager but I can't use it in-game. If anyone has a suggestion to make it fully recognized by the game then I could call my problem solved.

EDIT: that's it! I've managed to get it to install properly. What I did was go into the module manager, go to the "available dlc" page, find the Persian Gulf module and click on install. For some reason, doing it this way actually searched for the files that I already had. Installing by clicking from the window list that pops up didn't search the same way.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]