• 2 years later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would buy it! (Cessna 172)

g1335873246724378224.jpg

can't even remember adding my thoughts to this thread, :lol:

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

I would rather see this :pilotfly:

plane_1.png

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

From what I saw on the Razbam forums. They had the Cessna A-37/T-37 on their potential to do lists later down the road.As for a Cessna 172 in DCS No Way! It's the most produced model in flight sim history.I much rather see a Beech Bonanza,multi prop aircraft like the King Air or Biz Jets. As well as Passenger/Cargo jets.

I wouldn't be terribly concerned about what manner of dedicated GA aircraft the discussion may go towards as I have severe doubts that any developer would pick up a dedicated GA aircraft.

The closest would be something that's served in both GA and Military rules, like the Huey and Mi-8.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Why not both? If I had a choice the A-29 with all the bells and whistles would be my No. 1

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

• 1 month later...

A civ prop trainer aircraft actually has a lot of merit, as an idea. I don’t think ED should focus on it, but many of us might be receptive to a third party module.

I’ll preface it by saying that DCS should remain strictly a mil sim, however:

DCS doesn’t have a basic prop trainer. Prop trainers are a valued part of pilot training for a reason; engine/fuel management, slow speed, docile handling, and a good bridge to either the jet trainers, or prop fighters.

It would help players who are new to simming and want a single application - rather than xplane for a Cessna, and DCS for an Albatross.

It would add a point of direct comparison with civ simulators, and perhaps win over a few people who are strictly light aircraft simmers and enthusiasts, especially with the beautifully detailed Nevada map as an area of operations.

As a direct comparison with civ sims, it would further highlight the quality of DCS avionics and flight dynamics.

The 172 has long been the poster child of civ sims, perhaps because it’s relatable to so many current and prospective pilots and enthusiasts. Despite how limited in scope the aircraft is, I’m sure most of us still enjoy flying one around a virtual space, and practicing our approaches and engine management.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

While there is the crowd that bleats 'no way something that can't shoot has no place in DCS!1' or 'I'd rather buy XY' I think it's proven fact in many threads that there IS a demand for GA aircraft in DCS.

That has nothing to do with wanting to change what DCS is (in respect to the C) but that we have maybe the best flightsim around and are not really using it to it's full potential.

People keep sending me over to FSX, P3D and X-plane for my GA needs but simple truth is, they can't satisfy me. DCS flightmodel can. DCS theatres can.

People are very vocal about ED/3rdy partys NOT making GA aircraft under the impression that this would take away from other projects. I think that is very far fetched and I am 100% sure that we will get GA aircraft in DCS at some point. Maybe not this year, not the next, but they will come.

It just makes sense!

• Like 1

While a 172 would be cool, what I think would be really cool would be having a 172, T-45, T-38 for free as well as an RPG style campaign flight school in which you would learn to fly from the beginning all the way though to your fighter of choice. This would include: book, class, tests and flight training. All tied together to your pilot profile. Oh and it would be cool do be able to do the training with some friends as well. Less lonely.

I also say T-45 and T-38 so there could be a branch path where navy bound (Hornet, Tomcats) guys go to the T-45, others go to the T-38.

But before this I guess along with the DCS level versions of those aircraft we will need some overhauls like, weather (visuals and interactions with the planes), ATC, Airport fidelity(where is the signage) and a whole lot more that would never get done lol

• Like 1

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

All air forces in the world do initial training or screening in small prop planes. I guess, but I'm not sure, that Russia uses Yak-52 for basic training, USAF uses Diamond (looks like DA20) etc. I agree that having such a plane in DCS would be interesting, for RPG purposes, and for training in general (shooting ILS approaches in a fast jet is not the best way to learn if you've never done it).