MiG-21 used to be my favorite ride... can't stand it now

streakeagle

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha JunMcKill... well.. try my mod in the link I've posted on previous page, to evade steps 1&2 in your procedure :)

Hi Vatikus, the mod is superb and you cleaned all the scratchs of the glass, but the glass per se have a couple of layers that reduce the visibility, it's more noticed when you use a VR headset and move the head "out of the canopy", you will see the landscape perfect, then begin moving the head inside, and you will notice a first layer in the glass (the external side) thats dim the light a bit, and there is another layer (the inner side of the glass) that's reduce the visibility more, I tested it yesterday, and is better to dogfight without canopy!

Edited by JunMcKill

JunMcKill, yeah indeed... I still left (however reduced) reflections to help with orientation (in the lines of f18 module). The only pure VR feature is removing reflection of projector from the combining glass per request of a squadmate who has VR and found it very distracting as reflection did not move with head.

however... nothing beats no canopy :D

Don't want to cause any drama but did Magnitude dismiss the idea of having a clean canopy in the future (I'm genuinely asking) ? AFAIK mig is awaiting much love after the CE and maybe then we'll see radical improvements.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why nobody complains about the instrument panel becoming too dull/dim in the shadows? I find it unbearable in VR, compared to all other planes, and I too used to love Mig21...

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

Don't want to cause any drama but did Magnitude dismiss the idea of having a clean canopy in the future (I'm genuinely asking) ? AFAIK mig is awaiting much love after the CE and maybe then we'll see radical improvements.

Yes. It was like "totally out of the question" kind answer to me when I recommended to have a clean canopy and cockpit.

As in 3D modeling and texturing, the process is same as in real world for weathering. First you do a brand new painting and then after it is done, then you start weather it to look it weared and used.

That is why you alway have the brand new, in perfect condition, digital files that you can use to remake all future changes etc.

With real world objects it is one route only, as you would otherwise need to either make a new model or clean everything and start again.

But what you don't do, is start weathering from the start so you never have the clean versions.

And in DCS we have a serious problem, that is that we can have in multiplayer a multiple different aircraft from multiple eras. But in singleplayer and well done missions, all are based to specific era itself. So if mission is based to 1978, then you will not be there seeing a newer aircrafts.

If the mission is 2015, then you can still be flying the older airframes among new ones.

And now comes the problem that it is just immersion breaking when 1978 a aircraft looks like it has been spending last 20 years in the outdoor museum without any servicing. The same thing is as well for 2015 mission, as those who would operate the aircraft, would still have it in fairly good condition.

Why having each module with at least two cockpit liveries should be a standard requirement from ED side. One livery as aircraft being brand new or just taken in the service (so very little wearing) and one after the aircraft has been in service for a few years already. The bonus should be then as third or fourth option, a museum condition or very long time service time.

In the first two the texture artist should show their skills to get the aircraft look new and look in operational use. In the third and fourth the texture artists can show their artistic vision what the aircraft could look after long time...

That way mission designers as the buyers could go and fly in their wanted era the aircraft, when it was hottest new, or when it was forgotten relic.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208757&page=5

Listen to your customer and keep an open and friendly dialog to build a long lasting relationship for the future. (Customer relations 101)

I am going to be really careful before buying from Leatherneck again as it is obvious, as soon as they have your money, you can go and suck it.....

Edited by hovring

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208757&page=5

Listen to your customer and keep an open and friendly dialog to build a long lasting relationship for the future. (Customer relations 101)

I am going to be really careful before buying from Leatherneck again as it is obvious, as soon as they have your money, you can go and suck it.....

Don't use the page numbers, use the post numbers:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3520752&postcount=43

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

A clean canopy is a personal prefference, not an issue.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thank you Mortisrose, ac5 and Vatikus (hope i did not forget anyone) for your efforts!:thumbup:

This is much appriciated. Besides better visual i feel good in a shiny brand new clean cp. For me the dirty standard canopy (and cp) without a clean option is a real no-go (sorry devs :)).

p.s.

please don´t get me wrong, of course i accept the artistic freedom, and i do not disrespect the devs work.

Edited by -LEO-

Intel i5-11400 CPU @ 4.30GHz / ASUS Prime B560-Plus / 32GB DDR3 RAM 3000 Mhz Dual / MSI Nvidia GTX  1060 6GB /  SSD Samsung 120/250/500GB  / IIyama  27" 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz / Track IR 4+Track Clip Pro / Sennheiser PC 360 / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttel , VPC-Warbrd D+Warthog Stick, TFRP Rudder / WIN 10

Ever tried. Sometimes failed. No matter. Try again.Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett (?)

well I feel I will voice in here but only once at not getting into a flame war etc.

for me I don't have a problem with it how it is, I like it.

I can understand if you want a pristine cockpit.....on your old plane :)

inside I think it should be worn and used, that doesn't mean lack of care, just look at the old A10.

as for the glass. well each to his own I suppose, I fly her for fun mainly so prob doesn't matter, as mods are a thing anyway, just why not use them and stop the dev bashing, just a thought :)

as for the glass. well each to his own I suppose, I fly her for fun mainly so prob doesn't matter, as mods are a thing anyway, just why not use them and stop the dev bashing, just a thought :)

Honestly do you really think that its ok to sell a product where the customer has to search the forums and user files to get a mod which brings the product to the same standard as every other available module?

You would really buy a car with a cracked windshield which obstructs your visibility with the comment: "Look for other owners of the same vehicle they know how to fix it!" ???

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

A clean canopy is a personal prefference, not an issue.

A clean canopy is like a cleaned rifle. It's a necessity. Don't clean your war equipment and you're dead.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Dont be dramatic, you are flying in an armchair.

Your life is not at risk.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Keep your grotesque thinking to yourself. There's a reason canopies are cleaned, and a reason people here want it simulated.

Edited by Bogey Jammer

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

A clean canopy is like a cleaned rifle. It's a necessity. Don't clean your war equipment and you're dead.

Grotesque?

You started the "dead" example first.

Some humour sometimes is nice. But some people are always overreacting.

There is a perfect clean canopy mod that passes IC to use. It takes 15 seconds to use it if you find the actual canopy a question of "simulated life and death"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What's wrong with my example ? Isn't DCS simulating weapons designed to kill people ? Can it be humor and fully taken as lightly as you're doing ? I don't think so. In the military, having an opaque canopy is not a matter of personal preference. It's the essence of DCS to replicate the correct conditions. That is all I wanted to say in the first place.

I'll buy :