NVIDIA 388.00 Drivers

Ah, so this is a feature of the latest version of windows 10

You really must hate Win 10. LOL.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

yeah, that new black screen, seems to be there since 10's Fall update.

Easy fix, hit CTRL-ALT-TAB, choose TaskManager or such and DCS will show up again, you may leave TM open or close it again.

For me it looks like the "get Focus" thing is broken for DCS in Fall's update. Dirt4 runs ok, so does WoWarships, only other games I play these days.

I didn't see any black screen when I fired it up. I fly almost entirely in VR. And when I don't, I fire up DCS.EXE with the no-vr argument. I'll disable the VR check and give it a shot. When I fire up DCS.EXE (not dcs_update.exe) I don't have any black screens.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I didn't see any black screen when I fired it up. I fly almost entirely in VR. And when I don't, I fire up DCS.EXE with the no-vr argument. I'll disable the VR check and give it a shot. When I fire up DCS.EXE (not dcs_update.exe) I don't have any black screens.

Maybe a non VR thing? Ive not read all the thread.

Maybe. Easy enough to check for me. Will do after all the uber-Dad duties are done.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

Yeah I know it crazy....had no issues last week. Then this week I go and hit the green dcs icon wait for it to start and the dcs splash screen comes up along with my reshape and then black screen and nothing. Game just sits in black screen. I'll try the ctrl alt tab tonight to see if it works. I hope someone finds a fix for it cause it's a pain in my arse...

yeah, that new black screen, seems to be there since 10's Fall update.

Easy fix, hit CTRL-ALT-TAB, choose TaskManager or such and DCS will show up again, you may leave TM open or close it again.

I don't quit get what you mean after selecting task manager. I see DCS in the Task manager but what do you click on and change...

Isn't that CTRL-ALT-DELETE too

Does anyone else have this problem and have a solution. I have version 1.5.4 but my other versions 1.5.7 and 2.1 work OK, I'm gonna try Cox's answer where I unplug monitor and then plug back in...Such BS though Ive never had a problem till last week.

Edited by uscstaylor

You really must hate Win 10. LOL.

Having used every version of windows since 3.1 and having had to do support

for 600+ PC , yes I think windows 10 is not so good, win 7 still the high water mark for MS

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Having used every version of windows since 3.1 and having had to do support

for 600+ PC , yes I think windows 10 is not so good, win 7 still the high water mark for MS

Yup, Win7 was pretty nice (for me, Win10 surpassed it, but we can agree to disagree). DOS 5 set the first benchmark of a what a great OS should be. Still the only OS that never got a patch upgrade, IIRC.

I'm in Surface Book, so the Win10 Pen specific things are quite useful, as is ASW for VR - which I think is a must-have.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

NVIDIA 388.00 Drivers

I don't quit get what you mean after selecting task manager. I see DCS in the Task manager but what do you click on and change...

Isn't that CTRL-ALT-DELETE too

Does anyone else have this problem and have a solution. I have version 1.5.4 but my other versions 1.5.7 and 2.1 work OK, I'm gonna try Cox's answer where I unplug monitor and then plug back in...Such BS though Ive never had a problem till last week.

Ctrl-alt-del twice, maybe followed by alt-tab, one of those brings dcs back to focus usually. Try it, you cant break it trying this :)

Good Luck !!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Yup, Win7 was pretty nice (for me, Win10 surpassed it, but we can agree to disagree). DOS 5 set the first benchmark of a what a great OS should be. Still the only OS that never got a patch upgrade, IIRC.

I'm in Surface Book, so the Win10 Pen specific things are quite useful, as is ASW for VR - which I think is a must-have.

Surface book 2 by any chance ?

https://www.engadget.com/2017/11/21/surface-book-2-battery-charging-gaming-issues/

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Yeahh..Drain-Gate LoL

What a mess !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

No, the not the 2. First Book. When I use Visio, it's awesome. Also when I project using wireless HDMI adapter, I can undock my monitor and walk around while drawing network topology in OneNote. It's actually very very useful.

And the wireless HDMI is awesome for using any hotel TV as a second monitor or watching Netflix! :)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---