DCS World 2.0 and New Maps Discussion Thread

Wags

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm blowing up Hoover Dam will cause a major flood?

If you do that, the Decepticons will blow you out of the sky.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

and no more BIG CITY LIGHTS in Vegas :music_whistling:

Thats the other challenge of making Las Vegas, the city emits a massive glow at night time which you can see from miles out. It would be a spectacular sight to behold to accidentally bomb some power lines and watch the city's power go out Oceans 11 style. Not to mention of ED gets some of the neat lights working the city is famous for.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

The Nevada map size is very much subject to change, so we'll be holding off on such details.

But yes, Lake Meade and Hoover Dam are included.

Did they model the new bridge?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I just would really like 29 Palms to be in there. I was stationed there for 5 years and desperately want to bomb certain locales. :megalol:

Like Sugar Cookie? Or Range 400. Those are two place I wouldn't mind putting a few GBU-10's on.

Edited by Underleft

The Nevada map size is very much subject to change, so we'll be holding off on such details.

But yes, Lake Meade and Hoover Dam are included.

How about the Grand Canyon? I took a helicopter tour of Grand Canyon this summer. It was spectacular! I would love to take Black Shark down through the Grand Canyon!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

How about the Grand Canyon?

That would have to be the 'Arizona update' as opposed to the 'Nevada update' thread :P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

That would have to be the 'Arizona update' as opposed to the 'Nevada update' thread :P
Lots of lake Mead is in Arizona. Half of Hoover Dam is on Arizona side as well. BTW, check this post.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Yes, yes :thumbsup: good idea Viper !

An 'Arizona', 'Colorado', 'California', and an 'Utah update' :thumbup: should be gorgeous !

Id like to fly over Monument Valley, Yosemite and Arches National Park also not only in Grand Canyon :pilotfly:

Opps, :doh:am i daydreamin' in FSX ? :D

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Yes, yes :thumbsup: good idea Viper !

An 'Arizona', 'Colorado', 'California', and an 'Utah update' :thumbup: should be gorgeous !

Id like to fly over Monument Valley, Yosemite and Arches National Park also not only in Grand Canyon :pilotfly:

Opps, :doh:am i daydreamin' in FSX ? :D

It would be cool yeah :D However it wouldn't be looking well in DCS where mountains look more alike square than mountain.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

It would be cool yeah :D However it wouldn't be looking well in DCS where mountains look more alike square than mountain.

Hmm have you checked the latest screenshots. I think the new EDGE will make a huge diffrence on the mountains :thumbup:

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Hmm have you checked the latest screenshots. I think the new EDGE will make a huge diffrence on the mountains :thumbup:

Don't know what screenshots you are talking about, but if example this one:

http://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=55485&d=1313780325

so yes - it looks nice from high alt, but when we close I doubt we'll see such nice things like example here where mountain is not solid but has many bulges, steep holes. Such things make these mountains so beautiful.

Grand_Canyon_National_Park_Arizona.jpg

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

That's not even close to a fair comparison, river-carved gorge vs wind-eroded hilltops. :smilewink:

But yeah, wouldn't expect such detail in a flightsim. It's a little impossible considering how much terrain they are covering.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS A-10C: putting the 'art' into 'warthog'.

(yes, corny. Sorry.)

Господа, мы и так думаем над другими территориями. Сейчас делается Невада. Потом вероятно будет другая территория.

Chizh:

Gentlemen, we are already thinking about other areas. Now is Nevada. Then perhaps there will be another area.

:thumbup:

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Excellent. From a personal standpoint, it seems that either Afghanistan or Iraq would be great areas for consideration. Western Iraq--Anbar, say--would be a little boring I think but northern Iraq or Diyala could be very interesting. Beautiful rolling hills out toward Iran. Afghanistan could offer some incredible terrain challenges what with the altitude and steep canyons.

Best,

John

I'd imagine neither is actually interesting as a theater.

Excellent. From a personal standpoint, it seems that either Afghanistan or Iraq would be great areas for consideration.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda