Release 2.5.2 STT radar mode?

Xxx

I am running release DCS World 2.5.2.

August 15 patch does not address the missing radar modes?

With current weapons, biggest problem is;

Amram in RWS does not change to STT upon lock, instead radar stays on RWS with the target locked. Should this not change to STT, when locking from RWS?

Ideally Amram is used in TWS mode and multiple targets selected in priority,1,2,3,4,etc. then ripple launch the Amrams....Is this a work in progress?

Sparrow, when launched from RWS "Lock",which again should be STT, does not go to "Flood" mode, instead stays on RWS.

Amram selected at 5 Nm radar does not acquire target in AACQ mode.

Amram at 7 Nm, 150kts closure, takes 20 seconds to go active and misses the target, target not manoeuvring and not emitting any countermeasures...?

PRF modes not selectable.

With no IFF or ECM on the aircraft, there is no way to identify enemy aircraft in BVR. The F10 map is the only way. In the absence of IFF return the APG radar has software that can compare the radar cross section/return and provide a target identification on the radar DDI, H.I.T.S would be nice?

Sorry if these are already in the "beta" version, I am only reporting what I see in the "release" 2.5.2.

Best regards.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

That's a pretty belligerent post. All of your questions are answered by official patch notes and official Hornet module update posts.

I don't think you realize what STT is... no matter if you're in the release branch or the beta branch, the Hornet radar does, indeed, go into Single Target Track. It provides range, speed, altitude, and course of the locked aircraft.

The Hornet also does possess a preliminary/stopgap IFF system: lock your radar contact in IFF and position it in the missile seeker circle in the HUD. When the target is close enough and the target is friendly, it will show as a square in the HUD.

I'll leave it to you to find out the development status of NCTR, which you also mentioned, in the Hornet updates forum thread.

Amram in RWS does not change to STT upon lock, instead radar stays on RWS with the target locked. Should this not change to STT, when locking from RWS?

When you lock with the AIM-120 selected, it does change to STT lock.

Ideally Amram is used in TWS mode and multiple targets selected in priority,1,2,3,4,etc. then ripple launch the Amrams....Is this a work in progress?

LTWS is a work in progress. This has been stated many times and in great detail.

Sparrow, when launched from RWS "Lock",which again should be STT, does not go to "Flood" mode, instead stays on RWS.

This is not a feature that exists in the real aircraft. You can switch to flood mode after the missile is fired, but you would have to do it manually.

Amram selected at 5 Nm radar does not acquire target in AACQ mode.

This may be a bug. i have not tested it specifically, but AACQ was working for me the other night.

Amram at 7 Nm, 150kts closure, takes 20 seconds to go active and misses the target, target not manoeuvring and not emitting any countermeasures...?

For something like this, you need to provide a track. There are many variables that come into play when talking about accuracy and missile failures. It's entirely possible that you broke lock before the missile went active.

PRF modes not selectable.

Work in progress.

With no IFF or ECM on the aircraft, there is no way to identify enemy aircraft in BVR. The F10 map is the only way. In the absence of IFF return the APG radar has software that can compare the radar cross section/return and provide a target identification on the radar DDI, H.I.T.S would be nice?

IFF and radar identification are both works in progress. There IS in fact rudimentary IFF, but it's unreliable at best.

I have the same issue like Accipiter posted

I tried with lock with and without AIM-120 selected, it still in visual mode

Were you in multiplayer by any chance? Lots of multiplayer servers haven't updated to the new patch and have stayed on the stable version - but you can still access them on the Open Beta version with some strange side effects. One of those side effects is that the AIM-120 doesn't work properly and won't lock. It works fine in single player though.

For the OP - most of what you have written about (TWS etc) is still to be implemented, some of the others (AACQ, active timer on the 120) are fixed and implemented in the beta branch. If you want Hornet updates as soon as they are available, switch to the beta branch. The release branch runs at least a week behind.

When you lock with the AIM-120 selected, it does change to STT lock.

LTWS is a work in progress. This has been stated many times and in great detail.

This is not a feature that exists in the real aircraft. You can switch to flood mode after the missile is fired, but you would have to do it manually.

This may be a bug. i have not tested it specifically, but AACQ was working for me the other night.

For something like this, you need to provide a track. There are many variables that come into play when talking about accuracy and missile failures. It's entirely possible that you broke lock before the missile went active.

Work in progress.

IFF and radar identification are both works in progress. There IS in fact rudimentary IFF, but it's unreliable at best.

Thanks for taking the time to address my questions point by point. I see a STT "type" symbology depiction on the DDI but the indication stays at RWS. The vital inclusion of TWS multiple target selection (for Amram) will no doubt take a while?

I surmise it's a matter of being patient and awaiting the "work in progress" to complete.

There are many missing features in the release 2.5.2 version, as seen in the placeholder notifications when you select the mode. Not everyone has the beta version so are not privvy to the latest inclusions.

I have enjoyed DCS for years, beginning with Black Shark. I don't recall that being released in a beta state after I purchased it. This release first and apply the model features later seems to be a sign of the times. At the moment each time I fly the Hornet, I am disappointed and frustrated. It's no where near finished, is it?:music_whistling:

Probably best to hangar it for a year or so, alternatively move to the beta branch.

Thanks.

Edited by Accipiter
Typo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

1. It's not effing released...

2. Stable branch is generally updated to the same state as BETA two weeks after the new features work through BETA.

It's "Early Access" and says so ALL OVER THE PLACE when you're buying it.

It's on YOU that you didn't understand what that meant... just like the STT mode...

In the future please try to pay attention to what state something is in when you buy it.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)