BONUS SALE!!!

slowhand

It seems to be a general principle of ED... So it´s my experience. It´s a pitty...

Uh bad luck. If you bought everything from the store, seller doesn't have anything to reward your loyalty... maybe they can produce some t-shirts with DCS, ED logo for guys like you.

Bonus system and sales discounts, are not mainly intended for us who are already addicted and have most or everything from ED store, but rather for new junkies :).

I think that would be fair to allow buyer to spend bonus in the store without any limitations. Eventual shortage of that could be compensated by lowering regular sales discounts.

Edited by marluk
[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Bought it as well. Wasn't planning to since it costs like the Mirage 2000, but with the bonus covering 50% of the price made it acceptable. Probably won't try it before the ZA variant becomes available, though.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Bought it as well. Wasn't planning to since it costs like the Mirage 2000, but with the bonus covering 50% of the price made it acceptable. Probably won't try it before the ZA variant becomes available, though.

So does the bonus allow you to cover 50% of the actual price of the AC or (Like another poster said) does it just allow you to use 50% of your bonus cash toward the module? This is why I never understand the bonus money.

I'll use the Nevada test range for an example here: I was saving my bonus money for the NTTR module. Right now the Nevada test range is going for 20% 0ff. I cannot use my bonus money at this point because you may not use it for anything on sale with a discount of 20% or more. So......from my understanding, you cannot use the bonus cash for more than 20% of your purchase. At that point, what's the difference or the point? $39 is $39 dollars no matter how you get at it.

I pre purchase AC quite bit. I get all exited when I see a new AC that I love and just go right for the bank card. But some of the other AC that I just want to play around with I wait for a sale. It's the best way to go because the bonus cash really doesn't offer me anything great in the way of a deal. IMO the bonus cash can just sit there and do nothing because I find it kind of silly. You can get much better deals waiting for a sale, and I am happy to pay the full price for an AC that I really enjoy flying. The bonus stuff is like a little temptation sitting there taunting me to spend money right now when I know I'll get a better deal later anyway. Maybe that's the reasoning for it as far as ED is concerned. And why not??? They are a business, and it's not a dishonest tactic, a little tricky maybe but not underhanded by any means. :megalol::megalol:

So does the bonus allow you to cover 50% of the actual price of the AC or (Like another poster said) does it just allow you to use 50% of your bonus cash toward the module? This is why I never understand the bonus money.

The bonus allow you to cover 50% of the actual price of the AC

And i agree with others, if you can earn bonus on a purchase you should be able to spend bonus on the same, that said, i still feel the whole system needs a re-eval.

But to your question, the offer right now is that you can use whatever bonus you have to cover up to 50% of the cost of a product/module.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

The bonus allow you to cover 50% of the actual price of the AC

And i agree with others, if you can earn bonus on a purchase you should be able to spend bonus on the same, that said, i still feel the whole system needs a re-eval.

But to your question, the offer right now is that you can use whatever bonus you have to cover up to 50% of the cost of a product/module.

Thanks. That's a much better deal than what I read before. LOL.

yea, its actually not a bad deal for those that can benefit from it, and i'm personally grateful for any deal we can benefit from in general, ED is in no way obligated to drop the price of its products, especially not as often as they tend to do.

hopefully in the future they are able re-evaluate the loyalty program so that those that have made the larger investments can be rewarded more evenly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Ok i miss only one module in my DCS World library and thats the upcoming M-2000.

Now the product page displays the follwing ;

M-2000C for DCS World will sell for $59.99 in December 2015. Pre-purchase now for $47.99 and save 20%! $12 bonus

For example i have something like $51 in my bonus account but i cant use it to buy the M-2000 at this moment. Somehow that doesnt feel right. It would be nice if the system could be redone so that no matter what people could spend the bonus.

What i personaly would like to see in the example of the M-2000 is that i could choose NOT to receive the $12 bonus but instead SPEND bonus that i have already build.

I totally agree with you and feel the same way!

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

I'll use the Nevada test range for an example here: I was saving my bonus money for the NTTR module. Right now the Nevada test range is going for 20% 0ff. I cannot use my bonus money at this point because you may not use it for anything on sale with a discount of 20% or more. So......from my understanding, you cannot use the bonus cash for more than 20% of your purchase. At that point, what's the difference or the point? $39 is $39 dollars no matter how you get at it.

I pre purchase AC quite bit. I get all exited when I see a new AC that I love and just go right for the bank card. But some of the other AC that I just want to play around with I wait for a sale. It's the best way to go because the bonus cash really doesn't offer me anything great in the way of a deal. IMO the bonus cash can just sit there and do nothing because I find it kind of silly. You can get much better deals waiting for a sale, and I am happy to pay the full price for an AC that I really enjoy flying. The bonus stuff is like a little temptation sitting there taunting me to spend money right now when I know I'll get a better deal later anyway. Maybe that's the reasoning for it as far as ED is concerned. And why not??? They are a business, and it's not a dishonest tactic, a little tricky maybe but not underhanded by any means. :megalol::megalol:

Well, that's what I am talking about.

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Somewhere it was said the discounts on regular sales won't be as steep in the future. The bonus sales may end up being the better deal. Which is fine with me.

I read that too, but im sure it was on the forums here and not something official. But regardless, depending on how much bonus $$ people have, 50% is pretty good.

The more common 60% discounts still may come, but if there is to be a limit, i bet its those occasional 70% off runs we wont see as often

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Uh bad luck. If you bought everything from the store, seller doesn't have anything to reward your loyalty... maybe they can produce some t-shirts with DCS, ED logo for guys like you.

I would buy some DCS swag. Somewhat surprised they don't offer it. A DCS themed HOTAS cover would go over especially well, I'd think.

PC - 3900X - Asus Crosshair Hero VIII - NZXT Kraken 63 - 32 GB RAM - 2080ti - SB X-Fi Titanium PCIe - Alienware UW - Windows 10

Sim hardware - Warthog throttle - VKB Gunfighter III - CH Quadrant - Slaw Device Pedals - Obutto R3volution pit - HP Reverb G2 - 2X AuraSound shakers

I read that too, but im sure it was on the forums here and not something official. But regardless, depending on how much bonus $$ people have, 50% is pretty good.

The more common 60% discounts still may come, but if there is to be a limit, i bet its those occasional 70% off runs we wont see as often

It was said by Wags, our Kool-Aid Mixer.

I would buy some DCS swag. Somewhat surprised they don't offer it. A DCS themed HOTAS cover would go over especially well, I'd think.

Yea, I would too. Beer opener with DCS logo would come handy also. :)

It was said by Wags, our Kool-Aid Mixer.

cool thanks, i was just noting that i didnt see it official, but thanks for confirming

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]