F/A-18 won't launch out of an aircraft carrier if the weather is too cold

notproplayer3

Here's the situation:

I'm playing in my fa18 in the caucasus map and the temperature is -1 degrees

While trying to launch out of the uss stenis, I notice that even though my engines are working hard I won't takeoff, and when reading the engines temperature I see that they are at 809 and 815 degrees, I think that to get launched off you need about 825 degrees on the two engines so that wouldn't be a problem if I knew how to heat up a bit more those engines, I tried a couple of switches but none of them would work so I was hopping one of you would know what to do in that kind of situation (I'm pretty sure I saw fa 18's take off aircraft carriers in even colder weather)

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Here's me having the same issue just today. And yes it must be 100%. But I already jammed my throttle forward it only hits like 97 or so. Didn't have that issue before.

In the video you can even see me fiddling with my throttle curves just to get that early 100%.. but no joy

Pardon the music... I was supposed to stream some case 1's, but this issue put me on hold.

edit**

in my mission it wasn't that cold... more or less around 20c

Edited by arkroyale048
quick correction

To take off from the carrier you need to be at 100% RPM or in reheat. The engine temps are irrelevant as at high altitude EGT can be lower due to a lower outside air temp. Don't worry about the EGT on launch, just focus on 99-100% RPM

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm sure my throttle is at a 100%, I did some tests and it seems I can only take off at about 4 degrees outside

*correction: my hotas throttle is fully pushed but my rpm is in fact at 98% so does that mean I can't take off at -1 degrees ? seems a bit exagerated to me

Edited by notproplayer3

Here's me having the same issue just today. And yes it must be 100%. But I already jammed my throttle forward it only hits like 97 or so. Didn't have that issue before.

In the video you can even see me fiddling with my throttle curves just to get that early 100%.. but no joy

Pardon the music... I was supposed to stream some case 1's, but this issue put me on hold.

edit**

in my mission it wasn't that cold... more or less around 20c

I don't think my issue is really a bug (well maybe but not the same as yours), I can take off at anything higher than 4 degrees, so the throttle curves aren't the issue with me, anyways thanks for your reply

Here is new track.

I'll post it at the old bug thread as well.

thanks a lot, seems like you got the same issue as mine, well I think this whole thing is probably a bug more than anything else so thanks to all of you who commented on this thread, I think I'll try to inform ED about this bug

You probably haven't unchecked the option in settings for the afterburner button, implemented a few updates back. You won't et afterburner no matter how far you push the throttles unless you uncheck this feature or map the button that is enabled by that feature.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=212758

That is not the case, at least for me. You should test it. If i try to takeoff in cold weather it is not working although i'm standing on the CAT with AB engaged but my RPM never hits 100%. I have no problems with higher temperatures, as described in this thread.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings